What's Next?

Shadow Of The Moon [Second One]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There is a cure, that’s how I got better, but only hunters know the cure. You’d need to find a good hunter to tell you.” Jia spoke and I sighed. “Even if you found someone else to do it, they wouldn’t know the dosage that was used on you or how long they’d been poisoning you for.” Jia added and I stood up. I ran my fingers through my hair, all the stress was building and it felt too heavy to carry by myself.

 

+ + Tao’s P.O.V + +

I watched Jaehee panic to herself about the wolfsbane and her situation. I felt bad for her since I was the one that had helped her find out the truth but it didn’t make it any better.

“Jaehee, go wait in the car and I’ll meet you down there.” I told her and she immediately exited without a single look or word to either Jia or me.

I sighed to myself and looked at Jia.

“Is there really nothing we can do?” I asked and she nodded.

“Just because I might be jealous, doesn’t mean I have a reason to lie to her.” Jia told me and folded her arms in front of her chest.

“I know what’s going on in your head, Tao, and you know that it can’t happen.” She spoke and I glared at her.

“You don’t know anything.” I spoke and she scoffed at me.

“I know how you feel, about this situation and about Jaehee, but I’m surprised that you haven’t done anything yet.” Jia informed me and I shook my head.

“I’m not gonna mess up her life even more than it already is.” I spoke strongly and walked towards the door.

“Thanks for your help” I muttered and exited the building with one last look at Jia and Fei.

 

In the car as we went back to the motel, it was silent. Jaehee stared silently out the window and I didn’t know what to do. There wasn’t anything that I could do or say that could make it better.

The silence surrounded us even after we were back in the motel, Jaehee sat on the bed staring blankly at the wall. Suddenly she jumped up and started to grab her things.

“What are you doing?” I questioned her and she glared at me.

“What does it look like? I’m going back to school.” She told me and I sighed.

“Jaehee, we’ll go in the morning, you need to rest. It’s been a long day.” I told her but she shook her head.

“I can’t just sit here, knowing what is going to happen.” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter