Wolfsbane

Shadow Of The Moon [Second One]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sighed and chucked my phone into the back seat of the car.

“I hate lying to him.” I muttered and stared out the window.

“It’s better that way, at least for now and until we have some answers.” Tao reminded me and I just nodded.

The two of us were sat in the car outside a motel in Gangwon. Tao took the keys out of the ignition and opened the door.

“Let’s go in and hope they have a room for us then we’ll go find the person.” Tao told me and grabbed our small amount of luggage from the trunk of the car. I followed suit and he locked the car as we headed to the reception of the motel.

 

 “Good morning, how may I help the two of you today?” The man behind the desk smiled and I glanced in Tao’s direction.

“We need a twin room if you have one.” Tao spoke and the man typed away on his computer quickly.

“I’m sorry, we only have rooms with double beds in; the twin rooms are all taken.” The man spoke and I looked down.

“We’ll take one.” Tao told the man and paid for the room for the night. Once we got the key Tao led me towards the room.

 

“You don’t have to worry, I’ll sleep on the floor and you can have the bed.” Tao told me and I just stayed quiet. I sat down on the bed with a sigh and Tao took a seat beside me.

“Jaehee, we’ll go find the person now, and we’ll sort all this out.” Tao told me and I looked at him with a glum expression.

“What if this person can’t tell us anything?” I asked him but he didn’t reply to my question.

“This will help us, I promise.” He told me and placed his hand on my shoulder. “Now let’s go.” He grabbed my hand and led me out of the room.

We got into the car and started to drive towards the person that was supposed to help me in my situation.

 

“So how do you know this person?” I made conversation with Tao to try and occupy my mind. He glanced at me whilst he was driving and sighed quietly.

“She’s from a Chinese wolf pack; we crossed paths a few times when I lived in China.” He informed me and I just nodded. I thought to myself; crossed paths? I got the feeling that Tao and this woman were involved at some point.

“Okay.” I replied and Tao pulled off down a side street

“This is it.” he stopped outside a rundown building and I suddenly felt fear deep inside. “Oh, I should warn you, don’t be offended if she acts a bit jealous. She’ll probably think we’re a couple, but just ignore that.”

“Erm, okay.” I spoke unsurely a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter