First Days In Seoul ~ Part One

Unexpected

~ Kibum's POV

When I came home, I went to my room, and sat on my bed. The green sheet on the bed, weren't that green anymore, of all those times in the washingmachine. I looked around, the picture of mom and me were packed down, and you could clearly see the area, of where it used to be. I would miss all this.. My grandmother and her extremely delicious food. Her kimchi was the best, and I really ment it. The best, in the world! My father would also be missed a lot, even though I didn't see him, because he was overworking, to earn money for grandmother and me. All my school mates and definitely HaRin. Her beautiful smile, thick lips, and bright, shining eyes. I had lived here since I was small. I couldn't imagine living in Seoul, with a uncle I barely knew. I looked on my bags, they were almost packed. A part of me didn't want to go, but in the same time I was thinking, that if I audition, they can see me, and hopefully I'm good enough. I got really emotional thinking of all this. I walked to my desk, where I had a picture of me and HaRin. I took it and also packed it in my bags.

"Kibum-ah" my grandmother came quietly into my room. She was wearing a pretty skirt with a flower-print on. Her grey hair was sat up, with a dark red ribbon. She smiled brightly. It took a while for her to truly smile again, after my grandfather, and also mother passed away.
"Are you ready for tomorrow?" she asked.
"I don't know grandmother" I looked at her with a smile, hiding my sad face.
"Aigoo. Well you need to sleep soon, you have to take the early train tomorrow, if you have to make it to the audition. Goodnight my grandson" she touched my back and went out from my room. A few minutes after, I had finally packed the rest, and then I also went to sleep.

 

~~ The Next Day ~~
I already was on the train, on my way to Seoul all alone. I didn't know how, but grandmother managed to write a letter for me. (She can't write). I cried so much while reading it over and over. I felt so bad, getting mad at her so many times in the past. I was so selfish.

I missed my family and friends so much already. But I had to be strong. I want to make not only grandmother proud, but also father, HaRin and mom up in heaven somewhere.


When I got off the train, I was overwhelmed. Everything was huge here in Seoul. I saw my uncle, Kim Eunsung, at a red Nissan waiting for me. He smiled and waved to me. I waved back.
"Hello Kibum! So long since I've seen you last. You have grown a lot!"
"Hehe yes I have. I need to go to the audition now, so will you please drive me there?" I was kinda in a hurry, because it started in an hour.
"Yes yes, of course! Let me take your bags!"
And then we drove to the S.M building. I was so nervous. But happy to perform in front of people who took this music industry serious. Then suddenly my uncle stopped, we were here already.. Okay, Hwaiting!
"Well good luck! You know which bus you'll take home right?"
"Yes I do, and thank you."
I turned my back and faced a huge, really high building with big letters; SM ENT.
On the front doors, I saw the paper for the audition. I went inside. Now my life could change forever.


I couldn't describe how the audition was.. I was so nervous like crazy. But I think I did it well... Now I only needed to wait for a letter from them, saying that they want to sign with me. I walked slowly, I didn't wanted to take the bus. I just felt like walking home. I had finally done the audition.. Now I could relax for a bit. You never knew. Did they like me? How was my looks? Was my voice good? Or not good? Aish! Well I was very excited and nervous.


When I came walking on the street, I saw my uncles house, or should I say rooftop apartment. It looked very nice from outside. He must like to work in the garden, because he had a lot of plants standing outside. When I came inside, my uncle was asleep. I made some ramen. I was so hungry, I hadn't had something to eat since I came off the train this morning. After I ate I cleaned up and took a shower.
I came out from the shower, wahhh so nice after an exhausted day. I looked at the watch on the wall in my room, only 10:45pm.. Hmm maybe I should check my email... I scrolled down, and there it was! An unread email from HaRin;

 

Annyeong cucumber! Kkk~
How are you? I miss my best friend already! :-) I'm doing well, with school and so on. Today you had your audition right?

I really hoped it went well! And of course they will sign with you! You're the best singer in the world! Hahaha~~
But I will sleep now, I have many lessons tomorrow :)
~ Jung HaRin.

 

I also really missed her. I was so sad that I couldn't be by her side in hard times and in good times.. For a long time I looked at the keyboard.. How should I reply?
I answered;

 

Hello pumpkin! ^^
I'm good, thank you! :) I also miss you a lot. I'm sorry that moved away. I really didn't wanted to.

I wish you were here, there are so many thing here in Seoul you need to experience some day!

Neh, the audition was today, and I was SO nervous... But I think it went well.

I only need a letter from them now. I look forward to your reply.
See you another time,
~ Kim Kibum.

 

I pushed 'send', turned the computer off, and also went to sleep.

 

~~ The Next Day ~~
I woke up by the radio playing. I could hear it was Super Juniors U. I really liked that song.
I sat up, and looked around. I took my clothes on and went out in the kitchen... My hair was messy and curly. Aish I hated when my hair did that... Couldn't it just be straight?! I shook my head and looked around again. I still couldn't believe I was here in Seoul. The traffic was already in a hurry this early morning, probably all the business people who needed to go to work. I couldn't see Eunsung anywhere, I looked through all the rooms. Where was he? I took myself to my head. Oh! There was a note on the kitchen desk. He went to work. Ahh! That explains why!~ Pabo me...
I took something random in the fridge. Well.. I didn't know what to do today.. In the first hours I fixed my hair and took clean clothes on. I also watched some TV, but there wasn't anything exiting to watch.. I knew it! I would check my email! I ran like a crazy penguin over to the computer, and turned it on.
When I opened my inbox, there wasn't anything new.. Yeah she went to school.. I looked a bit on the internet.. Looked at some new groups what had debuted this year.. Well... I had to say, that I was much better at singing than them!
I got bored again and turned off the computer. I got it, I needed to train my vocals. I sang a couple of songs. Then I read a book.. AISH why was I so bored today?! Maybe because I was excited for the letter from SM. The time was already 4pm. When would Eunsung come hooommme??! 
It knocked on the door.
"Hello!! Kibum? Are you here?"
Finally Eunsung came home!
He walked into the kitchen.
"How was your day?" he took his shoes of, and put his bag on the desk.
"It was okay I guess? I was really bored. I can't concentrate, I need that letter from SM!.." I crossed my arms.
"Then should we go somewhere, to release your nervousness?" he packed his stuff out while talking to me. 
"Where then?" I said.
"Hmm.. Maybe out for a walk?"
Aigoo uncle... A walk?! What should that help for?
"I'll pack out my stuff, and then we'll go, okay?
"Arraso.." to be honest I didn't want to go.. But I could know my uncle better. 

 We walked around in the area of Hongik University. There was many students and other people, and especially many couples. There were flower beds with incredible beautiful flowers. From red and yellow, to blue and purple. It was like walking in a fairy tale. All people around us were so happy. So I also became happy. I was just enjoying the walk. It actually helped. I wasn't that nervous and excited anymore. While walking we only talked to each other a few times. I was really relaxed. After about almost 45 minutes of walking, we went home.

Right away I lied down on my bed. I was so tired, so without knowing, I fell asleep.
I woke up an hour later. Right for some dinner. Eunsung yelled out from the kitchen, that where was food.
I stood up and took a cardigan around me.
"Did you sleep well?"
"Yes I did. What time is it now?"
"Good.. Wait let me check it.. It's almost 8pm now. Here you go, I'm sorry, but I'm not that good to cook." he put some ramen on the small table. I can't get enough of ramen! I can eat it all day and all night.
"Really? So late?" I was actually surprised. Seeing on the sunlight, I only though it was 6pm.
"I'll eat well!" I smiled and then started to eat.
The ramen was so delicious! I could eat more, but I had to take care of my fabulous body. Hahaha~
I was getting tired again, so I took a shower and went to sleep early.

 

~~ The Next Day ~~
I woke up really early. It was 7am or something. I was lying in my bed. I looked up on the ceiling. And on my walls.. Hmm I needed to buy some posters, it looked so boring in here.
I stood up, and took my clothes on. My uncle was already on work. I saw TV in some minutes, and then it hit me. BAM!! THE MAIL! Maybe the letter from SM had arrived?! Uhhhhh!~~ I had to check it right away!
I turned off the TV, and put my jacket on, and went. It took a bit longer to walk there than I thought. Or maybe it just felt like that? There wasn't many people on the streets today. I was a bit surprised. It's Seoul, why is there no people? Well I didn't think about it anymore, because I finally made it to the post office.
When I came inside, I walked to one of the ahjummas.
"Hello, can you please check if there's any mail for Kim Eunsung?" I asked nicely, while smiling.
"Hello handsome." she smiled to me while winking. Oh god... That was kinda nasty and scary. 
"Ahh yeh thank you... Can you please just check if there's any mail?" my cheeks got red. I tried to cover it, but I couldn't.
"Awhh yes yes, don't be shy young man!" and then she went behind in the post room, and came out with a letter.
Was it? Was is from SM? I was so excited!
"Yes there is something!~ Here you go. Have a nice day!" and then she gave me the letter.
Without looking at it I said goodbye and went out.
When I came out. I took a deep breath, and looked at it...
It was from SM..
I just couldn't open it yet, so instead of going home, I walked down to the nearest river. I sat on a bench, and looked around. Should I open it or not? Aigoo I was so nervous.. I just sat on the bench in looong time, without doing anything.. I was just empty inside. After some thinking, I finally opened the letter..
I pulled the letter out, and read it carefully.
I was in shock... I just stood up, and went home. I walked in such a slowly tempo, that even the snails and the old ahjummas could pass me.

 

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

 

A/N

So this was the first part of my second chapter!

What did you think of it? Please leave a comment if you got any critics or found any grammar mistakes

xoxo ♥

- MouseRabbit :D