A New Student?

Unexpected

~ HaRin's POV ~

I checked my email again today. There still wasn't any reply from Kibum. Well.. I hoped he was okay… Having a good time in Seoul…

Every time I got bored, I would always read his last email, and then I'd be in such a good mood again. I missed him;

 

HaRin-ah.~

Thank you so so so much! I'll do my best tomorrow, I promise you!

And goodnight! Sleep well and stay warm! I hope you will get used to it! Kkk~

~ Your Kibum.

 

These days was so boring. Just waking up, going to school, going home again, eat, study, maybe surf a bit on the internet, eat again, and then sleep.. The same routine everyday... I needed to do something new..

 

~~ The Next Day ~~

Like usual I woke up and got breakfast and blah blah..

In school I didn't really have any friends. But I wasn't bullied. I just wasn't 'hanging' out with the people from my class, because I had Kibum. But not anymore. Being alone was also okay, I already was used to that, even when he was here. We didn't attend the same class. I only hung out with him in the breaks.

When I came to school, I overheard my classmates talking about, that we'll have a new student today. If that really would happen, that would be pretty exciting to be honest.

The clock rang, and our teacher, Mrs. Hwang Ji An, came walking into the class with a skirt going to the thighs, with a white and black squared shirt. Waow.. She was so pretty. When I grew up, I wanted to be as pretty as her. She had the most beautiful dark-brown curly hair I'd ever seen. And all the boys were crazy about her. Yes of course they were. If I was a boy, I would be too!

"Good morning students!" she yelled actually a bit high, I took myself to the ear.

We all yelled good morning back to her.

"We have a new student starting in this class from today. When he arrives, please treat him well. Okay?" she looked around to see if we listened to her. We all nodded. But wait, a boy?! Well.. Then I maybe have a chance of making a new friend? I just felt more relaxed in boys company. Girls only talked about makeup, clothes, boy problems and so on. Even though I loved clothes and makeup, I just didn't wanted to talk about it with girls, that didn't knew how to use it properly. A whole bunch of noobs.

A guy came in a rush walking into the class. We all looked really intense on him. How did he look? Was he handsome, or ugly, was he a foreigner or was he just Korean? He greeted Mrs. Hwang and then turned around.

Oh my god.... He was SO handsome, I couldn't describe him.. I mean.. His hair was sitting perfect. He looked so stylish in his newly ironed school-uniform, and I just didn't knew how to explain his yness.. Holy banana-milk!(I really loved banana-milk okay)

"Annyeong! Kevin Woo imnida! Nice to meet you all. I hope we'll get along in the future!" he greeted and smiled to us. I looked around, all the boys looked jealous of his good looks, and the girls looked like they were about to explode of his hotness.. I had to admit, I was also about to explode.

"Thank you Kevin! Go down and sit next to HaRin." she pointed at my direction, and at first I didn't know what was going on. I looked around, and saw the new guy walking down to me, while smiling bright. Wait.. Was he about to sit next to me? Ha, that must be the joke of the year. - Nope he just continued walking. It was like in a Hollywood movie - he brightened up everything in its path, while wind blowing his brown, bit curly hair, while still smiling with a smile that really seemed real, not that, 'heh how nice' fake a** smile, walked down to me, and sat by the table.

"Hi.. Heeh.. Nice to meet you..." he said with lowered voice, while nodding. I nodded back.

In the first lesson we had English. I at it. And the assignment we had to do, was really hard. I just sat there and chewing on my pencil, while looking straight forward. If I could be so lucky not to have any eyecontact, that would be just great.

"Ehm.. Do you need any help?" he quietly asked me. He shocked me. I turned around and looked at him with wide eyes. He just laughed. Probably because of my reaction. Oh god, why is he so hot, and adorable? It was kind of awkward actually, that I needed help. Because I could mostly do all my homework by myself.

"Oh... Yes please..." I looked down on the paper, and then he started to help me. No eyecontact please.. Please..

Actually it made a lot of sense after he helped me. How could he be so good at English?

"That's it. It was a pleasure to help you!" he looked again at me and smiled..I just couldn't control my feelings, I could freak out in any moment. Watch out class! It could happen in any moment! Get your umbrellas ready! That's the best way to not get totally over splashed by my ovaries and internal organs.

"N-no I should be thanking you! How c-can you be so good at E-english?" I said stumbling. Gosh he.. I mean.. I couldn't speak proper, dammit. 

"Uh, I was born and raised in America, that's why. Heheh.." he smiled again..

Wahh really? Born and raised in America?

"Really?! That's so cool! Then... Can't you help me with my English homework in the future please??" I actually wasn't that shy anymore. He was a really nice person to talk with.

"Hahah yes of course! I know English better than Korean. Just ask me anytime!" he started to laugh. And of course I also did. He was just so adorable..

"Yah! Quiet please!" Mrs. Hwang said to us. We just looked at each other and smiled.

 

The bell rang, and we had break for 10 minutes. All the girls came over to Kevin, and started to ask him a lot of questions, and giving him compliments. Aih... Couldn't you just leave him alone? I hated when girls acted like that.. So 'blond' and stupid...

He nodded and was thanking, but I could see that he wasn't that happy about the compliments.

"Should I show you around at the school?" I stood up and looked down on him.

He nodded and then we left.

Our school wasn't that big.. Or he thought it was huge. We just walked down the hall, and talked to each other a few times. The bell rang again and we went to the class again.

We had math, and Kevin didn't look like he liked math. I liked it a lot.

"Ehmm.. Do you need any help?" I said looking on hi, answering with the exact same line as he did in the English lesson. 

"Oh.. Yes please.. I'm not good at math at all." he smiled, and I started to help.

After I helped him, it looked like he got it. Haha I must be a good tutor!

Kevin suddenly poked me. I got surprised again. How can he always surprise me like that?!

"I was thinking, that you know.. I'm helping you with your English.. So couldn't you repay the debt with also helping me with math?" he whispered.

"Of course, of course!" I said while smiling. Even without him using 'I'm helping you, then please help me' thingy method, I would help him. Who wouldn't? He's fabulous and amazingly hot.. Dazzling like a star.

 

After a loong day at school - or it didn't seem that long because I had Kevin. He was a really nice person. Only hanging out with me. I felt lucky. All the girls were jealous! - but after a not that long day at school, I had just reached the outer area of the school. I was on my way home walking, alone.

"HARIN-AH!" some guy yelled from behind. I turned around, and saw it was Kevin! Shouldn't he also be on his way home?

"Annyeong HaRin! Where are you going?" he said coming running over to me, almost breathless. He wore his bag on his shoulders. It was a really pretty bag. I also wanted one like that. It was squared, and with the colors blue and purple.

"Oh hi Kevin! Ehmm.. I'm on my way home. What about you? Where are you going?" I pointed on the road, who leaded to my house.

"Oh jinjjah? I also live along that way! Then you wanna walk together?" he smiled. Awhh~~ no way this is reality..

I nodded, and we started to walk. Even when he didn't say anything, he was so cute!

The sun was shining bright, and I felt really tired, so I sat down on the nearest bench.

"Oh! Are you okay HaRin-ah?" he looked worried and sat down beside me.

"Yeah, I'm just a bit tired after a long day at school today." I smiled. He smiled back.

We just sat, and looked. I was just enjoying the beautiful weather.. But then the daily thought came. Kibum. My email. Did he answer? Oh I needed to get home! I stood up again, and started to walk in a faster tempo. Kevin got surprised, and ran after me. He laughed at bit, maybe because of his quickly little act.

"I was wondering... If you wanted to hang out together?" Kevin said in the background.

"Yeah sure! I would love to, but then we'll go home to me, okay?" I looked behind to him.

"Sure sure! Heheh.." he smiled again.. I just couldn't get enough of his adorable smile. He was just so cute!! Would it be weird to already take a picture of him, and use it as background on my computer? Ahh.. Maybe just a little bit..

I stopped walking, because we had made it my house. Kevin also stopped.

"Soo… This is my house. Do you live near?" I pointed at my house asking.

"Wahhow.. That's a really big house! Yes I actually do! Just down the street, and then turn left!" he was now also pointing down the street.

"Jinjjahyo? Uhhh, that's actually pretty close! So you wanna walk to school together every morning?" I asked.

"Really? Yes of course HaRin! I would love to!" he became really happy.

We went inside, and put our stuff in the hall. I told him to come into my room. He sat on my bed, and looked around. I the computer.

"I'll just check my email, okay?" I sat down on the chair.

"Yeah sure, just do that! Is it okay that I look a bit around in your room?"

"Yes do that, just don't destroy anything!" I smiled.       

"Hahaha arraseo!" he laughed, and started to walk around in the room.

I opened my inbox, and saw a new email, IT WAS FROM KIBUM!!! Yah I needed to read it right away!

 

HaRin-ah~

I'm so sorry I haven't talked with you. I wanted to say, that I miss you... And I also got signed with! I'm training really hard, and I will make you proud! Don't worry :) It's very tiring, but I still love doing it. I hope everything is going well in Daegu.

~ Kibum.

 

No way! He really got signed with?! Omo I'm so happy for him... He's gonna be famous! I couldn't believe it.

 

Kibum!~

No that's okay! I also miss my best friend very much... You did?! Heol~~~... I'm so happy for you Kibum-ah.. I hope you'll become really famous, and make a lot of music, with good messages! I'm proud of you no matter what! Just remember that! ;-) Everything is going well here. Today we got a new student in my class. And the homework is also going well! Kkk~~

~Your HaRin..

 

I pushed 'send' and smiled.. He got signed by sm!! Wahhh... DAEBAK!!! 

"HaRin-ah, who's that boy on the picture? Is it your brother?" Kevin pointed at a picture with me and Kibum. I clearly rememberd that day. We were a a couple years younger than now.. Hmm.. Maybe 10 years? It was in the summer holiday. One of the hottest I'd ever experienced. My mother and Kibums mother, when she lived at that time, went to the local lake in Daegu with us. They found a place in the shadow underneath the beautiful cherrytrees in bloom. Quietly some pink leaves we're falling down on the blanket, where my mother and Hwang Ji were sitting, and looking at us playing in the water. Even my mother and Hwang Ji were extremely close friends, so when she passed away, it was like loosing her beloved sister. 

"Ah, no I don't have any siblings! It's my best friend, Kibum." I looked with a small smile on my face.

"Oh really? Can I meet him someday? He looks really cool!" Excited he asked.

"I don't know. Heh.. He moved to Seoul a week ago...

"Why? If I can ask?"

"He recently got signed with SM. Entertainment. He want to become  famous singer." I smiled to Kevin.

"Wahh.. Really? He's even more awesome that I thought! He must be training hard right now! How long have you been friends?" He surely asked a lot of questions! 

"Yes he is! Haha! We've been friends since we were small kids, about from we were 4 years I think."

He nodded, while looking really amazed. Yes… Me and Kibum have been friends for a long time. It was sad, that he had to move. But I didn't felt that alone, I had Kevin! He was really friendly. And hot!

It knocked on the door, and my mom came in.

"Oh hello! Who's this HaRin? A new friend?"

"Annyeonghaseyo! I'm Kevin, I'm the new student in HaRin's class. Nice to meet you Mrs. Jung." He said and bowed. 

"Oh you don't need to bow! Well, nice to meet you to Kevin! You can just come over as much as you want!"

"Neh, thank you!" He was again smiling.

"Hehe.. Okay I'll go for now, ehm Kevin, do you want to stay and eat dinner?

"Oh, if it really doesn't bother you, I would love to!

"Okay then I'll make space to one more person! Bye." And then she leaved my room. 

"Your mother is very nice! Where's your father?" He asked and looked around. I became a bit sad, but I was used to talk about it..

"I don't have a father anymore. He died of brain cancer when I was ten." I looked down on the floor..

"I'm sorry to hear that.. Are you okay HaRin?" He came walking over to me. 

"Oh yes yes! Don't worry.. I'm all okay.

"Okay... Oh!! Makeup!!" He said while looking at all my makeup. What. Wait. Him? MakeUp?! Whuuut? No way?! Oh my god, how, what's happening? Does my life even make sense anymore? 

"Is it okay, that I look?" He pointed at it, with big shining, brown eyes.

"What? Oh suree~..." I closed down the computer, and walked over to him.

"But wait.. Are you interested in makeup?" I was extremely confused… I mean… He was hot, and I thought he liked football and all that "boy stuff"?! 

"Oh yes I am, but also clothes. Most clothes!! I want to be a stylist when I grow up! Come here! Sit down, then I'll put some on you!" He patted the seat, while smiling calmly.

Well…. That was unexpected… A lot...

I sat down and then he started.

"Whualah! Look!! So beautiful!!" He smiled and gave me a mirror..

Omg.. He was even more talented that me!! Waow.. 

"Oh my god Kevin! How can you do that?! You're better than me! I actually also want to be a stylist! Waow Kevin!

I took myself to the face.

"Haha relax HaRin! I'm not that good!! But you also want to be a stylist?! No way!! That's so awesome! Hehehe.." He laughed.

Yeah I know, my reaction was epic and really awkward.. Oh god but he really was talented!

 

After some time, my mom yelled out from the kitchen, that there was dinner.

After the dinner I offered to walk Kevin home, because I also wanted to know where he was living.

At first he didn't want to. But after some begging, which is my speciality, he gave up ;) hahah.

It only took 10 minutes to walk to his house. It was getting late, and it was also kind of dark. I didn't like the dark so much, so I walked a bit closer to Kevin. The streetlights weren't working that well. Blinking or some not working at all. When we arrived, I saw this not big house. It looked like no one was living there. Was he living alone?

He locked the door up, and walked inside.

"Yeah.. I don't live in such a fancy house as you, hehe.." He smiled, but in a sad way.

"You wanna come inside?" He asked.

I nodded, and followed after him. 

When you came inside, there was a small hall, and a tiny kitchen. There was only one room, and one bathroom. He didn't have any plants. It was just simple and easy.

I looked around. It was a nice house!

"So do you live alone?" I sat on his bed.

"Yes I do." He didn't look so happy.

"Can I ask why?" I wasn't sure if I could allow myself to ask.

"Sure! Hehe like you know I was borned and raised in America. My parents live in America, while I'm here in Korea studying overseas." He said while looking at me with a smile.

"Ah okay." I said while nodding.

"Well.. I need to go home now!" I stood up from the couch, and walked to the front door.

"See you tomorrow, right? Hehe. Nice meeting you Kevin Woo!" I waved and walked out.

"Hehe yep! See you! Nice meeting you too Jung HaRin!" he waved back, with a smile, and closed the door.

 

Like I noticed before, the streetlights weren’t working. Only a few were blinking. It was a bit scary, but the way home weren’t long, so, soon I was home!

 

I could hear someone walking behind me. I couldn’t turn around to check, because, it wasn’t that nice to look at people like that. It was rude. Judging.

 

Hey! Why are a young lady like you walking out here so late, all alone?” a guy asked.

I got a bit more scared. I weren’t used to walk outside that late.

 

Yah! Why aren’t you answering?!” another guy yelled from behind.

I still didn’t answer, and just kept walking faster.

 

Suddenly a hand grabbed my shoulder.

 

Hello miss..” they were two guys.

 

One of the guys threw me up against the wall really hard. I hit my head.

The wall was cold, and also a bit wet from the rain this morning.

I was really scared, so therefor I took my handbag, and started to hit him.

Yah! STOP! Leave me ALONE! NO!” I yelled back, while hitting him, as hard as I could.

But he was too strong. He started to touch on me. I started to scream, and hit even more.

The other guy started to hit me in the stomach because of my screaming.

I was so scared. I couldn’t stop screaming, he slapped me so hard in the face, so I felt down on the ground.

Now shut the up !” he yelled.

I started to cry.

 

HEY! LEAVE HER ALONE!!” suddenly another guy from behind screamed.

I couldn’t see anything clearly. I could just see, that it was a boy.

He started to hit them, defending me. Who was he?

After a long fight, I think, they ran away.

 

HaRin! Are you okay?!” he came running over to me.

HaRin?!” he said again.

He lifted me up, and started to walk. But in a different way than my home.

Who was he?!

Yah… Where are you taking me? I’m alright, I wanna go home, please. Ouch!” I said, while lying in his arms. I touched my head. I had blood on my fingers.

Hey! Don’t touch! See? You aren’t alright. I’m taking you to my place, it’s closest from here.

I gave up. I really didn’t have any power left in my body.

 

When we reached his house, or I don’t know. But I was placed on something soft. Maybe it was a couch I had no idea. I felt asleep right away.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

A/N

Annyeong! Not much to say besides,

if you're exited to know who the guy is? 

-- MouseRabbit :)