Problems ~ Part One

Unexpected

~ HaRin's POV ~

I went pass Kevin's house, but he wasn't there. I was already late. I only waited for 5 minutes and then I walked to school without him.

Did something happen to him? Nah probably not!


I just made it in time before the bell rang! Haha lucky me! 
I went to my seat. Huh? Kevin wasn't there. Ah I hoped he would come today! It was so boring without him.

Just a few minutes after the bell rang, Kevin came running in the room.
He apologized for the late arrive, and went down in the class room. But halfway he tripped over Daesubs leg. The whole class started to laugh. But it wasn't funny! Kevin just stood up, and continued on the way to his seat, while looking down.

"Daesub! Stop with that!" Mr. Han yelled. 
When he reached his seat, he sat down. I looked at him. 

"Kevin are you okay?" I asked.
"Yes yes it's nothing." He said with a smile.
Well I guess he was telling the truth. The boys here in class, have bullied several other students, and made them transfer schools. Actually I didn't like any student in this class except for Kevin of course. 

 

In the big break we had, all the girls as usual came over to him, and started to talk with him. I just sat there, looking at Kevin. And then looking at the girls. And then looking back. I was so bored. 
Daesub came to us. At first he just looked, but then he started to talk.

"Ilyeong, come with me." He said quietly. 
First she didn't answer. She was probably used to Daesubs disturbing in her conversations, or either she didn't listen? I didn't know. 

"Ilyeong!! Come here now!" He sooner said much higher. All the people in class around Kevin got really surprised, also me. Why? Couldn't he just shut the mouth? Or no I wanted him to go and get Ilyeong away from my Kevin! 
"Leave me alone!! Seriously I'm tired of your presence!" She said. UHHH BURN! Everyone just kept quiet. 
"Please Ilyeong. I don't want you to hang out with Kevin! I don't like him!" He said while pointing on Kevin. Oh no not Kevin. Kevin should not be involved in this discussion. 
"How can you talk like that in front of him?! Are you jealous?!" She yelled back. 

Wow I didn't excepted this to go this far. People began to walk away, but also a lot came and stood around in a circle. What would happen next? Not something bad hopefully.

"No I'm not! You just don't need to hang out with him. He doesn't like you! Just give up already! He like boys! He's gay!" He said. Everybody abound us started to look at Kevin with a judging face. 

What?? GAY?! How could you say that Daesub? Just by something he said, and now everybody believes it!? 
I stood up and walked over to him. 

"Go now! How can you treat Kevin like that! Shame on you!" I said. It's now or never. I usually just shut my mouth and pretend nothing happens, but this was my best friend he was taking about! 
Everybody became quiet. 
Daesub normally didn't say or did anything to girls. So I just hoped that he didn't do anything! 
For a while we just stood, and I was a bit confused. What would happen? Suddenly Daesub took Ilyeongs hand, and dragged her out on the hall. 
Phew I could breath easy again! Or maybe not. How was Kevin? 

"Kevin-ah?~ kwaenchanah?" I looked at him. He looked down on the table. Was he crying? 
"Kevin~~" I said a bit higher. He looked up at me,
"What? Oh yeah I'm fine.." And then he looked down again. 
No he wasn't fine. Definitely not. I had to ask him on the way home, what was wrong. 
The rest of the day in school was boring. Kevin were silent all the time. I knew something was wrong. He were always talking and talking, like a cd on replay! 
The few times I asked for help, he just turned around so slowly, almost more slow than a snail, helped me without any chat, and turned back, continuing drawing something in his books with his face all down. Aih... I couldn't stand watching him like this.

When the english lesson ended, we all went home. Before I knew it, Kevin already was gone. I hurried up, and ran out from the class and out on the hall. I couldn't see him on the hall, so I ran faster to the outer area. And just there by the football track, I saw him. 

"KEVIIIN!" I yelled. It looked like he didn't head it, so I just ran closer and yelled again. After I yelled 3 times I finally reached him, and touched it back.

"Kevin! You just walked without saying anything!" I said while smiling. He was still sad I could see.

"I'm sorry, I'm just really tired. I just wanna go home..." He said. I nodded. That wasn't all. I could just sense that. But should I ask him? Maybe I should wait till tomorrow and see if he still was sad? Yes I would do that.

"No that's okay Kevin! Go home and rest, okay?" I smiled.

"Okay." He said, and what was that I could see? A smile? Yahh~~ much better! He waved and then we each went home.

 

 

~~ The Next Day ~~

The next morning he seemed to be a lot more happier! We were walking to school, and we talked. He talked so much. Maybe all the things he didn't say yesterday he was telling now? Haha~ but it was good seeing him be happier! If he was sad, I would be also. The walk seemed very short today! But that's only good, or not. I didn't liked school at the moment. Having Mr. Han instead of Mrs. Hwang, aigoo.. I still didn't like him. He was kinda creepy to be honest! He had this black hair, and brown eyes, of course since he's Korean! And then he have this beard. I don't know how to describe it, but it just wasn't pretty! He were always wearing old clothes. Like from the 80's! He must be 45 or something.. He just looks like a pedo for me. Let's hope Mrs. Hwang is coming back soon! I can't stand him. 

"HaRin-ah? Are you coming or what?" Kevin sudden said.

Haha I must be in my own world at the moment. I nodded and walked a bit faster over to him.  Just after 5 minutes the bell rang.  I just hoped people forgot about yesterday, that all people were happy and seemed to forget!  In the lesson we had first, was chemistry. After Mr. Han had explained what to do, he gave us some paper work to do.  In the middle of the working, he went out on the hall.

"I hope you still aren't sad from yesterday! But what I meant was true. And I still say so. You are gay. Cant y'all see it? His whole aura just shine GAY!" Daesub sad with a big smile, when Mr. Han walked out from the class.

The boys in class started to laugh. I didn't, and also the other girls.. Not at all.. What he did to Kevin were the most mean thing I had ever seen. I didn't want to interrupt them. Could Kevin defense himself? I looked at Kevin. He just looked down at his paper and continued his work. Waow, I sure have to agree that he did a good job! He looked so tough just ignoring Daesub!! Haha good job Kevin! I thought. Daesub just turned his head back to him again, and looked at Kevin.
"
Well I think you're okay, since you have HaRin, right Kevin-AH? " He said.

Wait... Was that an imitation of me?! That was too much! 
"
Was that an imitation of me?!" I yelled.

He just started to laugh. How could he?! I stood up and were ready to walk, but Kevin took my hand. I sighed and sat down again. 
"
Please just leave me and HaRin alone Daesub." He said still while looking down. 
"
I can't promise you that. You also know that." He said with a sneaky face.

I started to hate him more and more.

 

 

~~ 2 Months Later ~~

After the first episode in class some months ago, it had became worse. Kevin got bullied almost everyday, and Mr. Han didn't do anything. Every time Daesub said something, I would go to the teachers room and say it. He just said all the time, 'Nah, relax HaRin! I'll talk about it in the next lesson, okay?'  I soon had enough. I was about to explode. I would soon something to Daesub and his ty friends. But Kevin always said, that it's nothing, that he can handle this himself. No Kevin, you couldn't! I could see it in his eyes everyday. And the way he in generally acted. He seemed more sad. And he didn't talk that much more. Something had to happen. And soon hopefully.

 

When school started, Mr. Han didn't come. Did something happen to him? Haha I really hoped so!  After 10 minutes waiting, the door opened, and Mrs. Hwang came in. 

"Aih hello students!! I missed you guys so much!" She said with a huge smile.

Ah!! Mrs. Hwang is back!! I also missed her much. She must've recovered good.

I hoped she could see Kevin's problems. He needed help.

We all smiled and answered good morning.  The first lessons she mostly just chatted with us. She asked, how was it having Mr. Han? Well... I didn't liked it at all.. He was nasty. I'm glad he's gone now! Hurray for coming back Mrs. Hwang!

 

Actually the boys didn't bully Kevin that much today. Or sometimes they came with some words, like foreigner trash, gay, ugly and more. Today must be a good day. That means I maybe could hang out with him. When he got bullied, he just wanted to go home and be alone. It didn't happened very often that we were together after school. So when it was a good day, I was really happy! I asked him, and he said yes! Yay a day with a not that sad Kevin.

We agreed to meet out with the big cherry tree at the football track, at 4:00pm.

Because I needed to go and get some paper work for Mrs, Hwang, I were already late.

I hurried as fast as I could. I hoped he wasn't waking home now. I ran faster with the thought in my head.

 

From near distance I could feel something was wrong. I could hear a lot of people yelling from forward. What was happening? I ran even faster. I were out of breath when I arrived.  A lot of students were standing in a big circle around someone or something, what was happening?  I walked in the circle of people and pushed hard. I had a bad feeling about this.  When I reached the center, I saw Daesub, and other sunbaenims hitting someone.. A saw a bag laying a few meters away. It was all ruined. Torn to pieces. It was squared, with the colors blue and purple. It was Kevin's. I felt a piece was been ripped out of my heart. But without thinking I ran to Daesub, and hit him as hard as I could. 

"LEAVE KEVIN ALONE. HIT ME INTEAD. I DON'T CARE JUST STOP HITTING HIM! HE DOESN'T DESERVE THIS!!" I yelled many times still while hitting him as hard as I could. Because seeing my best friend being hurt was the worst feeling ever. 

I didn't know what happened, but suddenly all the people ran away. Oh yeah the bell rang.

 I ran over to a person, with all bloody clothes, and destroyed clothes. 

"Kevin!! Are you okay?! Kevin answer me!" I yelled, with tears in my eyes. Seeing him like that scared me. Seeing one of my closest friends hurt that much was terrible. I started to cry.  He was laying without moving. He wasn't dead right? I shook his body really hard, and then he started to move. He was choking his own blood. Like a ninja that I am, I helped him sitting up fast.  Luckily I had some paper in my bag. Quickly I took them.. His nose were bleeding extremely much. I wiped the blood away. To my big surprise, Kevin said ouch.  I apologized many times.

"It's okay HaRin" He said and looked up at me.  I didn't liked what I saw. His eye were all blue and purple of his bruises. 

"Kevin. I was really scared. It's all my fault. I'm so so sorry..." I said now looking down on the ground.

"No! It's not your fault... Stop apologizing so much!" He lifted my head up with his fingers under my chin. I faced his face. Was he smiling? How could he smile in this situation?!

"It's okay HaRin."

 

On the way home he stopped. What was now wrong? 

"HaRin?" He said.

I turned around. He was looking down. Like he was taking courage to say something.

"Yes? What's wrong Kevin?"

"You wanna start dating me?" He finally said after some minutes.

What. Did. He. Just. Say? 

"What?! Kevin!!" I looked like he was crazy, because he obviously were. Was he joking? Him and me dating?! HAHAHAHA....

"Yes I'm sincere. But it's not what you think." He said.

"Well then what's your reason?!"

"You wanna help me no matter what right? What if this can stop the bullying?" He sudden said.

"Yeah of course I wanna help you! But start dating?! Are you crazy?!" I said.

He sat down on the bench nearby. At first I looked, and then sat down beside him.

"Kevin?

"HaRin..."

"What Kevin?! Just tell me!"

"But I think that what I wanna say to you now, will change your opinion of me.

"Kevin. Come on.. We're best friends I don't care!!"

He took even more courage than before. He looked like he couldn't breathe properly. What was wrong?

 

 

"HaRin.. I'm gay.."

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

A/N

Well I really enjoyed writing and reading this chapter, so what do you guys think?

Please leave a comment, if you have any critics, or found any grammar mistakes! O.o ♥

- MB ^^