Memories

Unexpected

~ HaRin's POV ~ 

The door closed with a "bang". I threw myself on my bed. Kevin asked me to go with him to America. I could take my education, and also learn some more English! I really wanted to go with him, but also I would miss my mother, and all the Korean traditions.. I was also scared to go to a whole new country I barely knew. It's so much bigger over there. What should I do? First I needed to ask my mother about all this.

 

~~ The Next Day ~~

Today was Saturday. And also my birthday. I actually forgot my birthday almost every year. For me, birthdays weren't that special and important. Just a "Happy Birthday!" and I could continue the day as if it was just normal. 

"Good morning mother" I came walking out in the kitchen. She was making breakfast. It looked so delicious. In the oven were cake baking, and she herself were also making pancakes?

"HaRin, hello. Are you hungry?" she quickly looked at me, then looked back at the pancakes. It was actually kind of weird to see her making food, because all the time when she would make some, she would always fail. One time she almost burned down our house! Normally would my father make the food, when he was here.

After some minutes, my mother had finished cooking. The chocolatecake got placed on the middle of the table with one candlelight burning.

"Happy birthday honey"

"Thank you mother" I smiled, blowed the light out, and started to eat the cake. Chocolate was my favorite cake. I couln't get enough of it! And I had to admit, that mothers cake tasted so unbelievable good!

"So what do you want to do today?"

"Hmm... I don't know?"

"Aigoo~~ oh! I have an idea. We'll buy some flowers, and visit your father. What do you think of that?"

"Yes, that sounds perfect" I said. We hadn't visited my father for some time. So that was a really good idea.

 

"Go up, and get changed okay?" my mother said, when we finished breakfast.

 

We stopped by the flowershop, and bought a bouquet red roses.

 

The cemetery was filled with graves. Seeing all those, made me sad. All the people, that had lost their beloved.

My fathers grave still looked as pretty as before.

"Jung Il Hyuk," was engraved on the stone.

"Always in our hearts.

Mother became sad. She still couldn't believe that he was gone. Gone forever.

The reality had faced me. Yes I was still sad, but I was strong. Taking care of mother when she became sick, and styding hard in school. I did all that I promised him. I hope he lookes down on me, with proud thoughts. I miss you.

I layed the bouquet gently down to him, with tears rolling from my eyes, and further down to my chin. I turned around, into my mothers arms. And cried even more.

"It's okay to cry.." she said, while hugging me tightly.

 

The cardoors closed with a heavy sound. The atmosphere was really depressing. This was why we didn't visit my father that often. Everytime the same things would happen. 

 

Mother bought some icecream for us, while we were driving home. It tasted too delicious for this event. 

 

When we reached home, I went directly to my room, and closed the doors. Laying on the bed, without thinking, I reached the limit to cry.

 

- FLASHBACK -

The sun was shining brightly. The festival was in town.

Balloons were flying everywhere, in colors blue, yellow, pink and green.

The lovely smell of popcorn and cotton candy was in every single part of the park.

"B-but dad, I'm scared for the big rollercoaster."

"Aigoo, my big and brave princess is scared?"

"Yes dad.. It's so big."

"Come here, take my hand, then everything will be alright." he reached out for my hand with a big smile,

almost covering his lower part of his face. I looked up at him, then down on his hand.

I grabbed it, and walked with him towards the rollercoaster.

"Okay princess, are you ready?"

I nodded still with my hand in his.

The rollercoaster was so funny, dad thought that also!

"Aaaaa!!! Hahahaha~~~~" I was laughing happily.

Dad took his hand, with mine in, and held it up in the air, screaming and laughing.

"Aaaa!! Daaaddy!! Are you crazy?!~~" still laughing.

- END OF FLASHBACK - 

 

Another tear felt down from my eye, and down on my cheek, when I remembered the good old memories when he was here. Why dad? Why did you have to leave?

I wiped the tear away, and sat up. Be strong HaRin..

With heavy steps I walked over to my laptop.

When Kibum was here, he would always cheer me up in bad times, when I missed my dad. Now I didn't know what to do, since he wasn't here. Kevin wasn't enough this time. I wanted Kibum. Right now.

Please Kibum, just an e-mail from you.

With a desperate mind, I opened my inbox.

On my face appered the biggest smile in a long time.

One e-mail from Kim Kibum. He hadn't forgotten me.

 

HaRin!!♥

Saengil chukahamnida, saengil chukahamnida. Saranghaneun HaRin-shi. Saengil chukahamnida!

Happy birthday my beautiful HaRin! I wished I could be there with you to celebrate. I know that I'm sorry doesn't help, but still I'm sorry. I haven't been answering you for a while, I'm also so sorry for that.. But I hope, that you,ve enjoyed your birthday well with your mother and family! Oh a new classmate? How is she? Pretty? Nah, not prettier than you HaRin!! :P ❤

~~ Kibum❤ ~~

 

He remembered my birthday. I felt so happy that very moment. He made me happier. Mission completed Kibum, even though you're not here! I read his e-mail again and again. Before knowing, I had already spent 10 minutes in front of the screen. 

 

Cucumber.. Annyeong~

Heheh~~ thank you so much Bummie! How many times do I have to tell you? Don't be sorry. It's not your fault. I missed you and also your mails incredibly much..

And yes I have enjoyed it very much. My mother and I visited my father today. He's doing well..

And yes a new classmate! No! He's a male student! Kekeke~~.

He's so nice. We've become very close friends. He's pretty, but not prettier than you!! Hahahaha..

❤ Forever your pumpkin ❤

 

I pushed send with a huge smile appearing on my face. My heart was beating like crazy. Kibum answered me! His e-mail made my day so much better.

"Honey! There's a phone-call to you!" my mother yelled out from the kitchen. I ran out in the kitchen, and took the phone from my mothers hands.

"Hello?"

"HaRin-ah!" someone yelled.

"Ehm.. Who is this?"

"Oh! It's me. Kevin!" he said while laughing.

"Hey! Haha hello Kevin! How are you?"

"I'm actually not that good. I'm having a cold..

"No! Kevin, you need to take care of yourself some more!"

"Yes, I know.. But the reason I called you is, that I'm laying here in the bed now."

"Yes you also should!"

"But I'm hungry.. Can you please come over with some food?"

I looked asking over at my mother. She was already nodding, like she had heard the whole conversation.

"Okay okay... What do you want?"

"I don't care.. Uh yes! Buy some ramen please!" he said with a cute face, probably doing aegyo.

I agreed, said bye and hung up. I sighed when I turned around to my mother.

"Mother, are you sure it's okay? I'm probably coming home late"

"Yes yes! Just go! It's all okay. Do what you want, it's your birthday! Have fun!" she said with a smile.

I grabbed my jacket and left home.

 

I bought a lot of ramen packages, in the nearest supermarket. Then I didn't had to go again and buy some more in the future. Ramen is easy and delicious food everybody can make. I could already make it when I was 12 years old.

So I thought that Kevin could make some himself. With two bags filled with ramen, I went out from the supermarket, towards Kevins house.

 

I knocked on the door, and walked in. There wasn't a single light on. I got kinda confused. Where was he? I couldn't see anything, goddammit..

"Kevin-ah~.. This ain't funny!" I yelled.

I placed the bags on the floor and started to search for a contact to turn the light on. Searching up and down the walls, yes! I turned the lights on.

"SURPRISE!!" Kevin yelledd while coming jumping out from behind the couch. I got so surprised, that I took a few steps back with a hand on my chest.

"Omo.. What's all this?" I said with wide open eyes.

"It's your birthday, right? Happy birthday! Wuhuu!~~" He wore a strange hat and was waving with sparklers. He didn't look sick at all.. Hey! What is this? A surprise party? He walked over to me, and put a hat on me. I looked like an complete idiot probably.. He afterwards went behind me, and pushed me into his kitchen/living-room.

"Sit down!" he said and pointed on the couch. I sat down.

"Whaa~.. Did you do all this by yourself?" I looked around, and saw ballons in millions of colors.

"Yes! Your mother told me that you had birthday today, so I tricked you over here, and made this small surprise party just for you HaRin-ah" he said with his usual enormous cute smile.

"I-I dont know what to say Kevin. Thank you so much for all this" I stood up, and hugged him gratefully.

"Wait! I have something for you! I'll be right back!" he said, and broke the hug. I got surprised that he broke it so fast, I mean, he's gay, and likes to hug a lot.

"Here! My present to you. Hope you like it" he said and gave me the present with nice wrapping paper around it.

"Thank you.." I said and took it.

"Say thank you when you've opened it" he said, while smiling.

I unpacked it carefully, while looking at Kevin.

"Whaaa~~" I whispered to myself. Inside of the package were a beautiful silver necklace. A chain with a simply rose charm. I really liked it. Simple, but so pretty. Just my style.

"Do you like it?

"If I like it? No, I love it! You didn't need to buy me such an expensive necklace"

"You're my best friend, and I love you. You're so precious to me do you know that? This is what I at least can buy or give to you.." my eyes became teary by his words.

"Don't cry! Come here, let me put it on you!" he wiped his hand under his eye. Was he also about to cry?

I turned abound, and then he took it on me. I turned back, and hugged him.

"Oh! HaRin, why are you like this?" he became very shocked.

I let go of him.

"Just needed a hug.." I said.

"If you need a hug in the future, call me anytime" he said, while doing the sign. I laughed of his cuteness.

 

Later that evening we chatted and watched a movie after my wish. I came home by midnight.

 

~~The Next Day~~

"Hey HaRin! Wake up! When did you come home last night? It's already 11:00!" my mother came into my room.

"Yeah, yeah.. I'll get up..." I mumbled.

 

- Later That Day -

After breakfast, or should I say lunch, I had decided to tell my mother about my plan going to America.

"Mother.." I asked her carefully, trying to make the right mood.

"Yes HaRin?"

"What if I told you that i've found a place where I could take my education as stylist?"

"Omo!! Daebak! That would be great!"

"But it's in America.. I was planning on going together with Kevin. I'm allowed to live at his parents house without paying any money."

"What?! Are you crazy child?!" Oh dear.. I knew she would react like this.

"No I'm not! I'll be back in two or three years"

"Letting you go to America would be nonsense!"

"Why can't I?"

"Because I don't want anything to happen to you!"

"But I'm not a kid anymore, for god sake! I will promise you that I'll be careful! You don't believe me?"

Mother became silent for some minutes.. I really hoped that I could go with Kevin to America.

"Okay, okay.. Let me think about it okay?" She said lastly.

"Jinjjah?!"

She nodded.

"Gomawoyo mother!" I huged her tight.

 

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

A/N

Again, a lengthy chapter.. I'm sorry, please forgive this noob over here - *points at myself* .. ♥ 

- MB.