America, America!

Unexpected

~~ HaRin's POV ~~ 

 

Kevin's mother, Jenny, was so nice. Her cooking was delicious - but of course not better that my own mothers! The scent of Jenny's perfume, was so well known. From where I didn't know. It reminded me of home, my mother and just all the lovely things that was in Korea.

Kevin's father, Taeyong, was really good with technology and repairing stuff. He would repair everything in their home, and then they would save a lot of money, that they later on could spent on so many other things. It was very impressive!

 

One of the first days we were in America, Kevin couldn't understand why I didn't own a phone yet. He was so nice, and then bought one for me, even though I said to him multiply times, that that was too much to ask for. But then his answer would be: "What if you'd get lost?".

I really loved my new phone. I could check my email and also go on the internet! It also had a GPS, that I would use really often, because just the city Kevin lived in, Danville, was huge to me.

It took weeks for me to get to know the phone, because it was just so modern!

Mother and I emailed almost every day, when I had the time, because of all my homework and studying I had to do.

 

~

 

One night, I felt restless, and couldn't sleep no matter how long I layed in the bed and counted jumping sheeps. So I decided to walk down to the kitchen, and drink some warm milk. Mother always said that that would help a lot. So why not trying? But halfways on the stairs, yes this house was enormus and had to floors which for me ment pure luxury! But I stopped because I could hear someone talking in the kitchen. It was Kevin, with his parents. From my point of view, I could only see the faces of Taeyong and Jenny. They didn't seem happy, why?

"Please... Just accept me as who I am.", I heard Kevin say in English. A-accept him?? As who he was? Why?? Would.. I mean.. DIDN'T HIS PARETNS KNOW THAT HE WAS GAY?!

"I think you got brainwashed while studying in Korea. Get back to your senses." Taeyong just answered coldly. I could see Jenny looking down. Were they really so ashamed to have a son that was gay? I was sad and very disappointed by them.

"Mom... Dad.. I'm being serious.. HaRin already knows. All in Korea knew it, and I had no problems at all." Lie, I thought to myself. He had nothing else but problems. He got bullied every single day, and if it would've continued for a bit longer, he would probably hit a depression. But thank god we're here now.

He could only say his last sentence, before the sound of a high note slap attacked the nearest area around them. I could clearly hear it, and I was in shock. Just by pure reaction, I covered my mouth with my hands. 

"Then if you are being so sure and serious, please move out of this house. As soon as possible.." Taeyong afterwards said, as he shook his hand, which probably indicated that it did hurt on him too.

 

~

 

Small five days after, we moved out of the house, and into the schools dormitry. But unfortunately Kevin and I didn't came to live in the same dorm. Because we're of the opposite duh? But how I wished that we could live together... Stay up all night, and talk about cute boys, heh..

After that episode that I unluckily overheard, I still didn't tell him about it. I didn't ask any further questions about moving out too. Waiting would be the best option in this kind of situation.

 

There were a small group of Koreans at the school. To be specific, there were Kiseop, Dongwoo, Junyoung and Kevin in one dorm, and Chaerin, Jia, Hyeri and me in the other dorm, across the hall. We all became very close friends. My english become a lot better, and also my grades! I was in the top 5 of the class, and holy I was proud!

Kiseop was really good at dancing (he showed me that when he was really drunk). His looks were not that bad, believe me - all the Korean boys here were extremely handsome! When I first met everyone for the first time, I was shy especially when I saw Junyoung. Actually I had a small crush on him (shhh! It's a secret!!). His warm voice and soft smile, together with his unbelievable super cute haircut! God I was dying many times, but after time passed, I only saw him as a close friend. -(not lying!)

When I found out that Jia was Chinese, my jaw seriously dropped a few inches, because I was so impressed by her Korean skills! In the start of our friendship, she was very quiet, and kept everything to herself. She didn't talk that much either, but after time she opened herself more and more.

Chaerin became my best friend - besides Kevin of course! She was so awesome, and her style was spectacular and very different! I just knew she would be something big in her future. We shared all our secrets. I swear, we knew each other so well.

Hyeri was like the most cutest thing I'd ever seen! Everything she did was adorable. Even when she was mad, you would just smile at her, and squeeze her really soft cheeks. She was the youngest, so of course I treated her like that.

Well back to Kiseop. Him and Kevin became really close. They looked to cute together!-(soon I would probably be invited to their wedding!). Yeah, Kevin didn't hide the fact that he was gay, and the others just accepted him, and treated him as usual.

Oh that's right! Dongwoo, the last person of our small "Korean Gang". I could kinda feel that he didn't wanted to he here. He would rather make it as a rapper - and indeed he had the talent. He seemed cold on the outside, but inside there were such a warm heart. He loved his friends, and would protect them no matter what. It was his parents decision to send him to America. They didn't ask him, that's what he told me. Rude parents he have, just saying.

 

~

 

One day Kevin came running over to me, and said, "You won't believe me HaRin, I read that Kibeom debuted! In a boy-group called SHINee!" and he was right, I seriously couldn't believe him! I still didn't have any contact to him. I wrote to him now and then, but I stopped later on, because I felt I made a fool out of myself, keeping writing to him, without getting any reply.

Luckily that day was a Sunday(an off day for our studies), so I hurried over to the nearest computer with Kevin, opened the Internet, www.youtube.com, and typed SHINee. There it was. From 'sment' official YouTube channel, a video with SHINee called "Replay". My smile couldn't stop appearing on my face. My heart was pumping like crazy when I clicked on the video. When the song ended, I suddenly felt tears on my cheeks. I cried of happiness. For the first time since forever, I finally saw something to my best friend. He looked just like himself. He didn't change a bit. His amazing vocals, and his dancing skills - a perfect combination! He looked so happy. I was incredibly proud of him. I really wished I could be there with him in Korea and support him, but again, this stylist education ment so much to me. He probably didn't knew, that I was in America anyways... But I missed him so much. When I would finish my education, I would definitely go back to korea, and meet him. 

Kevin was really happy for me. He really liked the song. I played it multiply times, again and again. On replay~~ - oh did you see what I did there? ;)

 

~

 

I clearly remembered what happened on my birthday, the second year here in America.. The "gang" made a surprise party for me. I was so surprised, I thought they forgot it, but of course not! Junyoung called me, "HaRin-ah! Hurry down to the lake! Dongwoo has fallen in, as stupid as he is, and you know he can't swim!". I hurried down to the lake as fast as I could, to find not only Junyoung and Dongwoo in good condition, but the rest of the "gang" were there too, preparing a BBQ. They yelled, "SURPRISE!!", and held burning fireworks in their hands. A small tear fell from my eye, to see them smile, looking to happy. I found true friendship here. That day was one of my best birthdays ever, that I would never forget.

~

Over here in America, they didn't have any problems with homouals at all. When we passed, it was pure delight. It was sad that my mother couldn't come, but as in Korea, Kevin's parents came, and promised to take a lot of photos of him and me. Yes after a while, Kevin's parents had accepted him. I was so happy, and he was definitely too! They offered us to move home again, but we rejected nicely, saying that we had friends here, that we didn't wanted to leave, and that the dormitory felt like another home. They accepted our decision, and that was just great!

I passed with an A-, I was so proud. To be honest I thought I'd only get a C, but I'm apparently this freaking awesome! ;-))

 

~

 

After the graduation, a searched for some workplaces in the area around Danville and so on. I ended getting a job as service-trice at a small diner. Not that kind of future I hoped for. But the people there, were all really nice. I got a good relationship with them.

Unluckily I didn't have my dream-job, but of course as lucky as Kevin was, he di... I did envy him much. He worked at a small clothing-company. And they were sometimes missing a stylist, when they had a catwalk or something like that. He looked very happy working there. Making me happy too.

Opposite him, I quit one year later at the diner. It was boring, and had nothing to do with my education. I didn't feel like I challenged myself enough. It was too easy. They said they'd really miss me, I said I would too.

I continued looking for some jobs, but there were none. I searched for about 7 months, but gave up in the end. I thought it would be a good idea to go home now. I missed Korea so much. My motherland.

Kevin was so upset, because he couldn't go with me. He had his work he loved. But it was okay. He said he would come visit as often as he could. I could only accept that.

I didn't regret coming to America at all. I think I became more mature, and have grown wise. I now know what it's like to live like a grown up human. I created extremely strong friendships, and a love to another country. But now had the time come to go home again.

____________________

A/N

Hello! I'm apologizing for such a late update! I hope you can forgive me -.-" I wish you'd read it very comfortably, thank you so so so much in before hand ^^ ♡ Neomu SARANGHAE!! 

♡ - MouseRabbit -♡