Pumpkin & Cucumber

Unexpected

~ HaRin's POV ~

It was morning, 5:30am. I just woke up. Today I had school from 8am to 4pm, so that wasn't much.

I hadn't talked with Kibum for a while now. He seemed to be very busy. There must've been something,

since he's acting like that. I needed to talk to him, sooner or later. I missed my best friend.

I got my school uniform on; the short blue skirt, the shirt, with the tie, and lastly the also blue jacket,

with my name tag on, Jung Ha Rin. I brushed my hair, and brushed my teeth.

From home to school, it only took 10 minutes to walk. I had been thinking many times, to ride on the bike

to school, but the thing is, that I don't own a bike...

 

I had chemistry in the first lesson. In second, math. Daesub was sitting on his seat, and using his phone as usual instead of studying. Ilyeong was quietly chatting with her friends, was it about makeup? I couldn't hear it clearly, and then there was me, sitting all alone, mostly studying, but also thinking about Kibum. Everything was like it used to be. So when school ended, I went home.

 

When I came home, I could smell something delicious out in the kitchen. My mother had made some ramen to me.

I sat down immediatly, and started to eat. I ate like a pig who hadn't ate for ages.

"Oh you're home HaRin?" said my mother, Jung MinHyo, walking into the kitchen.

"Yes mother, it's delicious!" I said with a big smile, while pointing on the ramen with my spoon, and my mouth full of food.

"That's good. How was school today?

"Like always, good."

"Good honey. Remember that you have to chose which education you wanna take!"

"Yes, I have been thinking of a stylist, or lawyer." But I clearly wanted to be a stylist. My mothers wish was me being a lawyer,

and earn some good money. But who wants to be a lawyer? It's so boring, and it doesn't interest me at all. 

"Aish HaRin.. You wont make good money as a stylist."

"But mother, to become a stylist, is my biggest dream!"

"It's your choise, but think of it. Okay?"

I nodded, and then she went to her office, where she continued her work.

She is a CEO for a small supermarket in Seoul. So that's why she works at home.

Only 2 or 3 times in a month she goes there for business meetings and other important things, that shows up.

 

After I ate, I cleaned up, and went to my room to study for a bit.

After about 30 minutes of studying, it rang on the door. I told my mother, that I would open the door. I opened the door, and right there stood Kibum. I was kinda surprised. Why would he suddenly come and visit me? But in the same time I was so happy to see him again. 

"Annyeong.." I said.

"Hey HaRin," he said in his own cool way. ~ "Long time no see..." he sounded like he also missed me. He was wearing a grey cardigan with a blue t-shirt, some shorts and slippers. His black hair was sitting perfect, as he had just styled it a few minutes before he came. Just looked in the mirror, before ringing on the doorbell. But he never cares that much about his hair, just brushing it or that didn't even matter. It was probably the wind he was lucky with today.. Opposite me, who is so scared to go outside in just the smallest storm, because my hair would be ruined right away.

"You wanna come inside..?" I pointed with my little thick thumb, in the direction to our living-room. 

"No thank you, I was thinking if you would come with me? I'll buy you some food." he was looking at me with big puppy eyes, and was smiling. Did he think he could persuade me with food?! Well.. He knew me too good...

"Okay then!~Moooother! I'm going out with Kibum!" I yelled and then took my green jacket and went out. 

 

~

 

We went down to the centrum of Daegu. I could see the pavement, romantically lighting up with small blurred lights. We walked the whole way, and back. And as usual, we talked. Talked about school, about Ilyeong and Daesub, how you could not see, that they were dating, also about all the old memories. I had no idea why suddenly he wanted to talk about them, but that was okay with me, just that we were together.. It was so nice being together again. 

It had passed dinner time. We went to a small food stall nearby, and like he promised, he bought me some food.

"Here you go pumpkin!" he smiled and gave me some ramen, no surprise.. What he loved most in this world was ramen. He would eat ramen for breakfast, lunch and dinner, if I didn't visit him! Every time I told him, that I would take it away, and throw it all out! But then he would beg so badly, that I actually did pity him a bit.

"Pumpkin?! Yah! Then you're a cucumber!" I said, and laughes exclaimed from both of us. 

We ate some more food, and talked even more. The time flew away! We had so much fun.

I looked at my watch, it was already 10:30pm.

"Oh gosh! I need to go home now!" I said shocking, when I saw the time.

"Owh yeah the time went by so fast! I will walk you home then!" Kibum put some money on the table, and then we left.

 

On the way home we didn't talk that much. A thought suddenly came though my mind. Why did he just stop by like that? He had been busy for many weeks now.. I was curious, about what he was doing.. How was he doing? I wondered, should I ask him?

"Hey cucumber?"

He looked at me with a surprised face.

"Yes pumpkin?", he said, and smiled so cute.

"Ehmm.. Why did you stop by at my house today? I mean you have been quite busy for a while, what's the occ-?

I suddenly got interrupted by him.

"HaRin.." he stopped walking, and so did I. Was there something serious going on?

".. You know that I want to be a professional singer right?"

"Yeah I do, why?" I was a bit confused, about where he was heading with his story..

"Tomorrow S.M. Entertainment are holding auditions. So I'm going to audition. I think this is my big chance." he seemed sad, but I didn't quite, - ahh, I understand,, he was nervous!

"Why are you sad? Shouldn't you be happy then? Or are you nervous? Do you need some 'hwaiting'?" I was doing that silly 'hwaiting!' pose with my arms, but he took them down again, with a even more sad, and depressed face-expression.

"It's in Seoul. I'll move to Seoul tomorrow."

Those words.. Those words, that I had hoped never ever, would come out from his mouth, just became real.. He looked at me with wided eyes, or I didn't know, because of my teary eyes.

"HaRin.. A-are you o-okay?" He spoke.

"Oh... But where are you staying?" I interuped, and wiped my tears away, just pretending, that it was okay.

"At my uncles house... Are you really okay HaRin-ah?"

"Yes I am.. Don't worry Kibum! I'm so happy that you will fullfil your biggest dream." I smiled.

"Are you really sure? Please don't cry..

"Yes, yes. We can just email each ohter right?"

"Yes of course! Then.... I'll see you another time HaRin, my little pumpkin..." he hugged me, and I hugged back even tighter, but in the end, he kinda pushed me away. Then he walked in his direction. He turned around, and smiled to me again.

"HWAITING!!!" I yelled also smiling, but also with teary eyes, that I hoped he couldn't see. Then I also went home, while crying waterfalls..

 

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

A/N

So this was my first chapter of my first fanfiction! I hope you liked it!

Please comment of you found any grammar mistakes, or even itf it's just some criticts. I'll try to change or do it better, of whatever you request! Thank you so much! ♥ //sending virtual hearts// ♥

xoxo, MouseRabbit - Saranghaeyo! ♥