Chapter 18.

Rent-A-Boyfriend

Later That Day.

YOUR POV.

Sigh.

Even though I didn't work for long today, I'm pretty tired. Maybe because spring break ended. I don't know, but I don't think it really matters. I arrived at the front of the house and paused. Darn, the lights are on. That means he's home. I frowned but walked towards the door.

"Wmmruere?" I heard a slur once I entered. I stared at him slouching on the chair and turned away, walking back up to my room.

I showered up and started doing homework. I heard some snoring from downstairs and assumed that stepfather was asleep. I tip-toed downstairs and peeked into the living room. Sure enough, he was spread out all over the couch, but in his hand was a wallet sized photo of a woman. I frowned, adjusted my glasses, and grabbed a blanket. I put it over him. No matter how much I hate him, I can't help but feel pity for the guy.

"Don't worry.. You're not the only one who my mom has left.. But why is it that you're like this because of her?" I whispered and went towards the kitchen.

I cooked up a bowl of food and ate at the table, silently. It's been a while since I've actually eaten a meal with a "family" member..

Next Day, Tuesday.

Waaah. I'm still tired. I rolled off the bed, shut off the alarm, grabbed my glasses, and started getting ready for school. I went into the living room, he's still all out on the couch. I shook my head a went to the kitchen to make something to eat. I quickly made a sandwich and left the house.

Left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot. I kept directing my feet, since it seems that my mind and body aren't keeping up with each other today. Left foot, right foot, right foot. "OH!" I gasped as I walked into someone. Thankfully, no one fell due to my fail in walking and directing..

"Ooh! __________! What're you doing here?!" I heard a happy voice. A little too happy, considering it's like 6:45 in the freaking morning.

I looked up, "Oh, it's you again."

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" The boy frowned.

"How are you so energetic in the morning?!" I stared at him, amazed.

He flipped his blonde hair from his eyes, "I don't know. I just like being happy. Being sad makes me feel alone.." He seemed serious and sad when he said he felt alone.. Hm.

"YAH!" I heard someone yell.

"Darn." I heard Blondie mumble.

"You ." Pikachu boy said as he caught up. He looked at me, "Oh, hi." He turned away. That was.. rude.

"Yah, be nice!" Blondie nudged him.

"Whatever." he mumbled back, "Let's go." He started walking away.

"Sorry.. He doesn't like making new friends that often.." Blondie's face got a bit sad, but he covered it up with a smile, "Our birthday is coming up!" He beamed and clapped his hands together.

"And you're telling me this because..?" I raised a brow.

He leaned into my ear, "You should pick me for my birthday." He pulled back and smirked.

My jaw dropped and I stared at him, dazed. "You're crazy."

"Aww, please?" He pouted.

I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder and I looked around.

"Yo." L.Joe smirked.

"Oh, you're actually going to school early today?" I smirked back.

"What? I'm not always late." He pulled his arm off and thoughtfully tapped his chin.

"Right." I sarcastically agreed. "Go away, people might see you."

"Ahem." I heard an obviously fake cough.

"You go away too!" I glared at Blondie. "AHH! Why are blonde haired people so weird?!"

"HEY! I'm not weird!" I heard two voices retort at the same time.

"Yeah.. Right. You keep believing that.." I rolled my eyes and started walking to school again.

"Hmph." I heard voices behind me.

KWANGMIN'S POV.

I walked away from Youngmin and __________. She seems like a good person, but I can't bring myself to make friends with anyone.. I don't know how Youngmin can easily get along with everyone. How can he trust people so easily after what happened in our past? I sighed. I waited around the corner for Youngmin, but he kept on talking to that girl.

"Hey." I heard a sleepy voice from behind.

I turned, "Oh, hey."

"What're you waiting for?" Minwoo said as he drowsily rubbed his eyes. I tilted my head towards Youngmin. "Ohh." He nodded understandingly. "Why don't you just try to make friends with her? Youngmin seems good at it." It was silent for a few moments. "Okay, okay. Nevermind, take your time. Later." Minwoo gave up and started walking to his school.

Aish, seriously? It's just talking to someone in a friendly manner, why can't I do it?! I have to take girls out on dates all the time. I can have normal conversations, just not friendly ones.. Ugh, whatever.

----------

Hm, I tried to make up for the last chapter since it was short and crappy.. This one turned out longer, but it's still crappy. XD

Sorry guys, for the late update. I'm still sick, but I'm getting better. :D My doctor's appointment is actually on the 20th. (that's like 20 days after I got sick, wtf? such a late appointment.)

Anyways, what's Youngmin's and Kwangmin's past? What's up with your stepfather? Hehe, you'll see in future chapters. ;D I'm going to try to get Donghyun, Hyunseong, and Jeongmin more involved with the story now..

Thank you for being patient with me, my dumplings~!

P.S.: TEEN TOP'S ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! <33