Complications

I think I...

Yuri POV:

 

 

A month after that incident, I manage to avoid Taecyeon oppa. I kept on making excuses to Jay oppa that i’m too busy with my schedules so i didn’t got time to be at the gym but i promised him that i’m finding time to work out at home. I cannot face Taecyeon oppa after what happened. I don’t know what to say to him.

 

 A month after that shoot, all nine of us got busy. We all got focused on our separate careers but we never let a single day of the week without spending a day with each other. A day like this is so rare so we cherish every moment of it. I am happy right now that we are all hanging out in the living room just talking, catching up with on what is going on with our lives. I’m contented watching the girls while they were doing their own thing.

 

Jessica and Tiffany have their own world again by whispering sweet nothings to one another in the corner. We always make fun of them but we are just happy seeing those two.  Sooyoung, Sunny and Hyoyeon were acting silly by imitating some drama we watched earlier. Those three were a riot. Taeyeon, Yoona and Seohyun were gushing about something on the internet. I smiled because I miss this normal day for all of us. Suddenly my musings cut out by the ring of the doorbell.

 

“I’ll get it!” Sunny shouted as she ran to answer the door.

 

We resume to our previous business when suddenly, Sunny came back screaming.

 

“AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!” Sunny screamed as she hugged an opened package.

 

“Sunny-yah! Why are you shouting!” Taengoo asked, curiously.

 

“It’s here! It’s here!” Sunny said as she jumped up and down.

 

“Tell us already!” Tiffany yelled. Sunny stopped jumping and looked at us, mischievously. She turned the package and showed it to us, we all gathered around Sunny. It’s a magazine with a guy on the cover. Wait a minute...

 

“Yah! Who’s that?!” Sooyoung asked as she looked at the cover. She gasped when she saw the name. “Yuri! It’s you!” she yelled. The girls gasped and all of them grabbed the magazine to take a closer look.

 

“Oh my God! You look like a guy!” Hyoyeon said.

 

“Unnie, we didn’t recognize you.” Seohyun commented.

 

“Wow, Yul, I must say, you look hot for a guy.” Jessica teased as Tiffany smack the back of her head.

 

“Is this the one manager oppa talked to you about?”  Taeyeon asked. I nodded at her shyly, getting embarrassed from the attention.

 

Sooyoung took the magazine from Sunny and she looked for the article that Maggie unnie wrote.  The girls were so amazed how realistic the pictures are. Even I, cannot see any signs of femininity. Sooyoung scanned through the article and read a certain part aloud.

 

“Yah, listen to this. The interviewer asked, ‘If given a chance that you could be a guy, who is your ideal girl among your group members?’ Do you want to know Yul’s answer?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“Yes!” Everybody shouted. I put my palm on my face to hide my embarrassment. I really hate this kind of attention. 

 

“Yul said,” Sooyoung started. “’I’m really shy telling who I will choose to be an ideal girl among them. They might take it the wrong way because we’re are all sisters.  But if i get to choose an ideal girl, I would choose a girl with a cute forehead and huge beautiful eyes. I know it’s weird but I like it.’ Yah Yul! You’re so weird. No girl will going to like you if you became a guy!” Sooyoung joked and they all laughed.

 

“But who is the one unnie’s talking about?”  Seohyun asked, curiously.

 

“Yoona!” Sunny shouted. What?! We all looked at Yoona who’s been quiet the whole thing. What could she be thinking? Yoona looked up from my magazine and stared at us, she seemed so absorbed from reading the article.

 

“What?” she asked.

 

Jessica sighed and said, “Yoong, we’re finding out Yul’s ideal girl. She said that the girl should have big eyes and a cute forehead. It’s weird right?”

 

I looked at Yoona, nervously. I hope she wouldn’t find out that she’s the girl I’m talking about. She looked back at me and smiled, “I think it’s cute.” She said, smiling shyly.

 

Sooyoung rolled her eyes and said, “Why do I have to be friends with people like Yoonyul. They are so weird.”  We all laughed at Sooyoung and we get back on spending our time together.

 

Later that night, I spent a quiet time in our room while playing with my favourite doll, Yoongsan. I’m humming along to an unfamiliar tune that got in my head right now. Just then, Yoona came into the room, clutching my magazine. She was surprised to see me inside our room.

 

“Oh, Yuri unnie? I thought you’re at the gym.” Yoona asked as she slowly walked to the edge of my bed.

 

“I..I don’t feel like it.” I lied to Yoona while i hide my face by hugging Yoongsan. I know Yoona would notice that there is something wrong because she knew how health nut I am. I never miss any gym session, ever.

 

“Is there something wrong, unnie? Taecyeon oppa asked about you. He said that you never came to your sessions with him. He’s worried that there’s something wrong.” Yoona said, worriedly.

 

I looked up to her worried doe eyes. I cannot lie to her but I don’t want her to know because I’m scared that she might get hurt. As for Taecyeon, I’m not yet ready to face him. Despite our fights, he became nice to me and i can see that he really likes me. It hurts me to think that he’s going to hurt once i tell him that i’m not feeling the same way. That I love the girl in front of me but she likes him.

 

“He’s concerned about you too, unnie.” She said again. I sighed.

 

Why does it have to be this way?

 

Why can’t i take Taecyeon oppa out of the picture and tell her already?

 

I’m scared of what’s going to happen if I tell her. I don’t think I could take the rejection coming from her.

“Do you like Taecyeon oppa?” I blurted out.

 

Yoona is obviously surprised with my question. She immediately looked down at my “male” picture on the cover of the magazine and grazed at it. For a moment there, I was expecting her to say “No” but i was more surprised upon hearing her next words.

 

“So how was it posing like a guy?” she asked. Hhmmm...This is Yoona’s way to change the topic.

 

“It was okay. A little uncomfortable but I enjoyed it.” I said while playing Yoongsan’s hands.

 

“So aren’t you going to tell me who’s your ideal girl?” She asked curiously.

 

“Aren’t you going to tell me about Taecyeon oppa?” I bantered. We looked at each other for a moment then we burst out laughing. We know that the serious part of the conversation already flew out the window.

 

“I want to do this kind of shoot” Yoona admitted while browsing my photos. I looked at her curiously. ‘I never thought Yoona would appreciate this kind of thing’

 

“Really? Why?” I asked.

 

“I just want to see myself what I would look like if i turn into a guy. Maybe, I’m hotter than you.” She joked while i burst out laughing. I hit her arm playfully like I used to.

 

“I’m not going to argue with that!” I giggled. “So, if you turned into a guy, who would be your ideal girl?” i asked. I’m really curious of her answer.

 

Yoona looked up at me and said, “You, unnie.”

 

I think my heart stopped beating at the moment she said that. I’m her ideal girl? Wow. I felt how red my cheeks are from blushing so hard.

 

“Why me?” i whispered.

 

Yoona just rolled her eyes at me as if i ask the most stupid question. “Silly unnnie. I told you a thousand times that I adore you because you are a wonderful person. Every guy would be lucky just to be with you. If I become a guy, I’ll do everything just to get your attention but i know you’re going to like me anyway. I am that hot!” she teased.

 

I giggled at her bragging. If she became a guy, I think the situation would be different. I would definitely stalk her just to get her attention.  I hope that I’m all locked up in that fantasy, maybe i’ll be happier living there rather than facing the reality that Yoona will never be mine. I know that I am just a best friend to her.

 

She looked at me with the most beautiful doe eyes I have ever seen. “Unnie, I wish...” she whispered then her eyes began to drop.

 

I smiled at her, my Yoona fell asleep. She must’ve been so tired.  I let her sleep on my bed and hum the unfamiliar tune.  I wish I could stay like this with her forever. I don’t know what she’s thinking right now, I would do anything just to see what’s going on with her head and with her heart. But I’m going to keep the promise that I have with myself. I’m going to wait for her to realize how much I love her. No matter how long, I’m just here waiting.  But there is a small part of me doubting if I’m doing the right thing. What if Yoona tell me that everything is all but a mistake? She didn’t answer my question earlier.

 

Just then, Yoona shifted her postion, bringing the magazine with her. She hugged it so tight, I’m afraid that it might tear.

 

“Oppa...” she whispered but her eyes were still closed.

 

I gasped. So, my question finally has an answer. I’m too late. She’s gone. There is nothing to blame here but myself, for being so coward. I sob quietly as I watched her sleep; I can’t help but whisper,

 

“ajir su eoptneungeor almyeonseo, meotdaero keojin nae maeumi...”

 

TBC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! I know i'm not updating WGM and Invincible Youth with Im Yoona :( I'm trying to update the one shots because most of you were requesting for a multishot of those! :) so please bear with me for the slow updates :D

Please comment :)