He's beautiful

I think I...

 

YURI POV:

 

“Yah! Im Yoona! You’re such a pig!”

 

“Why are you blaming me? Sooyoung  is more of a pig than me!”

 

I was startled when I hear voices from the kitchen. Based from their tone, they were fighting about food again. I straight up from my yoga pose and went inside the house from our balcony. As I was walking to the kitchen to see the commotion, I bumped into Yoona.

 

“Oh, Yuri unnie, are you done with your yoga? I’m sorry if we’re too noisy and you couldn’t concentrate. It’s just Sooyoung  ate almost all our lunch while Taengoo unnie is preparing it.” Yoona smiled.

 

I giggled at her as she handed me a bottle of water. “Here, i was about to bring you this because I thought you might thirsty.”

 

I smiled at Yoona’s concern about me today. When I woke up, she surprised me with my favourite breakfast. I was more surprised that she’s home. She told me that she’s not busy today, so she’s going to be staying today along with Sooyoung and Taeyeon while the rest were busy on our daily schedules. So, the four of us spend our time eating breakfast, well, it’s more in favour in Sooyoung’s part while we just talk and laugh.

 

Yoona and I spent our morning cleaning our room but we end up playing with things that we found hiding somewhere in our room. We listened to our old albums and imitate our groupmates as we sing their part.  I also remembered when Yoona found the doll we make for Kyungsan. Instead of giving it to the baby, we end up exchanging the dolls to give it to each other.

 

Flashback:

 

‘Look unnie! Yoongsan and Kyungyul! I haven’t seen them in ages!’ Yoona said as she took out the two dolls from our closet. I went to her to see the two dolls that were covered with dust. As I took Yoongsan from Yoona’s hands, the dust from the doll, it flew on my face that caused me to cough so hard.

 

‘Yuri unnie! Are you okay?’ she asked, concerned. I just nodded and smiled back as my coughing fit subsided.

 

‘I miss this, Yoong. I remember that we hide it from the crew so that they wouldn’t give it to Kyungsan because we are so proud of our work.’ I smiled at the memory.

 

‘Yeah, when they were looking for it, we ran and hide from them so they wouldn’t ask us where we put it. So, we hide the dolls inside this box.’ She giggled as she removed the dust from Kyungyul’s face.

 

‘Hey, I know what to do! Let’s clean them up so we could put it somewhere we could see it.’ I exclaimed.

 

Both of us ran to the bathroom to clean our dolls and after we dry them up using the hair blowers, we decided to put the dolls on our bed. Yoona also thought that it would be best if I would keep Yoongsan because we got ‘closer’ during show and she would keep Kyungyul so that the doll’s crooked nose will keep her laugh whenever she looked at it.

 

“Yuri unnie?” Yoona said as she tapped me to put me back to reality. “Are you okay?” she asked with her beautiful doe eyes staring at me, full of concern.

 

“Yeah, I’m just tired from what we did earlier.” I smiled as I sat on the sofa. She smiled back at me and asked again, “So, what time will manager oppa be coming over to pick you up to your photo shoot?”

 

As much as I want to spend more time with Yoona, I need to attend to my obligations. Manager oppa will be here anytime soon to pick me up for the photo shoot. I glanced at the clock and see that any moment, oppa will be here.

 

“Maybe he’ll be here any minute. Aaahh, I’m too lazy to go. I’m having a great time staying home!” I whined. Yoona just laughed at me and pat my head.

 

“Aaww, poor unnie. Just do your best on your shoot so that you could go home early. We need to plan revenge against Sooyoung and Hyoyeon for putting a prank against us last week! Hwaiting, unnie!” Yoona said with full of determination on her face which is so adorable.  I’m fighting with my laughter and start to look serious.

 

“Okay, General Yoong. I’ll do my best on my shoot so that I could get home early for our plan!” I said seriously as I salute at her. We laugh at ourselves for being silly. Just then, the doorbell rang.

 

“I’ll get it!” Sooyoung shouted from the kitchen while running towards the door. “Manager oppa! Welcome to our humble abode!” Sooyoung said with a man voice and acted like a butler. Manager oppa just laugh at her and pat her head as he went inside to greet us.

 

“Annyeong Oppa!” Yoona and I greeted. Manager oppa smiled at us and sat on the chair opposite us.

 

“So, Yuri, do you want to know about your photo shoot today?” manager said with a hint of excitement on his face. Manager oppa is always ecstatic when it comes to our projects.

 

“What is it about, oppa?” I asked as Sooyoung and Taeyeon joined us in the living room, curious.

 

“Well, your shoot today is for the magazine that my college friend owns. They are going to release their first issue next month and we’re lucky that they choose you as their first cover girl.” Manager oppa explained. What? Me?

 

“Why me, oppa? We all know that Yoona is the face of SNSD. Why not her?” I asked.

 

“This magazine made a poll online to ask every gender all over Korea. They asked who is the iest person for them.The results from that poll revealed that YOU are the iest person for every gender.” Manager oppa said proudly. That got me speechless and it got a low whistle from Sooyoung. Me? y?

 

“Woah, Yuri, you are loved not just by guys but by every gender. You are a legend, sister.” Sooyoung joked.

 

Manager oppa chuckled. “Indeed. Since your image being y and sweet, you are perfect for the debut of the magazine. The reason why I agree to it is not just my friend owns it but because this magazine is very liberated and complex . Just like your personality, Yul.” He said.

 

Just then, Taeyeon gasped. “ Oppa, you mean, Yuri is going to pose ? Oh my God!” she said as Yoona gasped and stared at me, stunned.

 

“Oppa! How could you? Yuri cannot pose like that! She’s not going to do it!” Yoona growled. Her protective instincts for me obviously came out.

 

“Calm down, Yoong. I’ll never do that to, Yul. I’m just saying that Yul is perfect for the debut of the magazine because since she’s well loved by any gender, she could make them realize who they really are by answering fearlessly from the interview and doing a photoshoot that’s different from what you normally do.” Manager oppa explained. Yoona seemed to calmed down but her glare towards manager oppa is still obvious.

 

As I thought about what manager oppa said, i can’t help but laugh at the absurdity of the situation. With this interview that i’m going to do will influence people but I, myself is still confused. They all noticed my laughter and looked at me, weirdly but i masked it with a cough.

 

“Sica and Fany are also perfect for this magazine.” Sooyoung whispered towards Taeyeon but Manager oppa heard them.

 

“I also thought that, too.  But of course, it’s people’s decision.” Manager oppa said. We all gasped because how come manager oppa knew about Fany and Sica?

 

“Oppa, you know about them too?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Of course, I may not always with you but I know if there is something going on with all of you. I know you like a back of my hand. I’m not against it, actually. I know I deprived you with a proper childhood by training hard to be this successful but i’m not going to deprived you something that’ll makes you happy and free.” Manager oppa smiled. Wow, I’m glad that manager oppa is very understanding. He loves us like his own daughter. Slowly, I know i’m accepting the truth because there are people understanding us.

 

After the conversation with manager oppa and the girls, I started to get ready for the shoot. I noticed that Yoona followed me and gawk at me like a hawk while I’m fixing my things.

 

“Is there something wrong, Yoong?” I asked. She sighed and pouted her lips.

 

“Unnie, you don’t have to do this.” She whispered. Ah, protective Yoong has not left the building.

 

“Yoong, i’ll be okay. Manager oppa promised that he’ll never let me do things that will affect my image.” I assured her as I put my arms around her. She sighed again and put her arms around me.

 

“Fine. Just call me if they let you do things against your will. I’ll protect you.” She said as she looked at me with full of worry.

 

“Aaww, Yoong. Don’t worry, I will.” I smiled.

 

Manager oppa and I met the interviewer for the magazine. She’s Ms. Oh Maggie, the editor-in-chief and owner of the magazine since her company is just starting, she’s very hands on to everything. I’m in awe because I think she’s the epitome of what a woman should be. She got a very beautiful face and body; i never thought that she’s already in her 30’s! She’s very intelligent and very fierce. The way she carries herself is like seeing a powerful queen.  She and manager oppa were friends in college and I almost never believe manager oppa when he told me that she’s like a boy back in college. She hates wearing heels and dresses. She’s also the most uncoordinated girl he ever met. Really?! This graceful woman in front of me is clumsy?!

 

She greeted me in the iest voice i have ever heard. “So, you’re Kwon Yuri. Pictures won’t do you justice. You are more beautiful in person.”

 

I blushed from the compliment coming from a gorgeous woman herself. “Thank you, Maggie unnie.” I said, shyly.

 

She giggled at me and said, “Don’t be shy. Oh, I thought you’re used to hear compliments, left and right since you’re famous. Congratulations for winning our online poll. After seeing the results, I searched your profile and I was so happy to find out that Lee oppa is managing you. So, are you ready for the shoot?”

 

“Yeah, I’m ready. I’ll promise I will do my best, unnie.” I smiled. She smiled back at me and we went to the wardrobe area. I noticed how plenty of...wait a minute? Why are there so many men’s clothes?

 

Maggie seemed to notice the shock on my face. “I guess Lee oppa told you what our magazine is all about, right?” she asked and i nodded.

 

“So, the concept of the shoot is very simple. I want the SNSD y and cute Kwon Yuri to turn into a guy. I want to see how this beautiful girl transforms into a guy that girls would fall for.” She said firmly and I just gulped. Me? A guy?

 

 “I know you’re surprised. But this is what our magazine is all about. We are liberated. We do not follow norms. We are free to express ourselves. Everybody knows how beautiful you are. Men were drooling all over you. Some women like the way you dress or admire you for your personality. But do you know that there are some women also fantasizes to be with you?” she grins. 

 

Me? I never thought that I also that kind of effect among girls. I know most of our fans were girls but I never thought that some of them were in l-love with...me?

 

So, I put my hesitation aside and followed Ms. Maggie to the make-up area to meet with her styling crew and they started to dress me up as a guy. They made me wore a suit, put up “man” make-up, put my hair long hair up to hide it in a short-haired wig. After I was done, I was fascinated to the finish product. I barely recognized myself anymore. My hair is really short and I’m wearing an all white suit. I tried to pose like a guy in front of the mirror and i was surprised. I felt like the person in front of me is a real guy! Talk about creepy!

 

“Wow! I must say, you’re not only a hot girl. You can be a hot guy too.” Maggie praised me as she looked at me from head to toe. I got too conscious when she’s staring up my body as if she’s sizing me up.

 

“Okay. After your shoot, I’ll do your interview.” She said and turns to walk to the photographer. I followed her immediately as i put out my phone from my pocket to text Yoona. I know she’s worried about me.

 

‘ YOONA. DO NOT WORRY; THEY’RE NOT GOING TO TAKE PICTURES OF ME, . :)’ I texted her.

 

After few seconds she replied, ‘GOOD. SO WHAT IS THE CONCEPT OF THE SHOOT, THEN?’

 

‘A SURPRISE FOR YOU AND THE GIRLS. ;)’ I texted back. I know that they’re going to flip when they see the outcome of the shoot. Ms. Maggie called me out to start, so I put my phone back in my pocket and came over to her.

 

The photographer instructed the proper pose of a guy to make it believable while Ms. Maggie is by the monitor to see the outcomes of the photos.  I exhaled, trying to be into the character. I imagine myself that i’m a guy as I looked intensely at the camera. I think I’m doing a good job because all i heard from the photographer were, “Good!” “I like that y face!” “Excellent, Mr. Yuri!”

 

After a few more poses, Maggie came up to me and sat beside me by the make up area.

 

“No, do not take that off, yet. I like doing this interview while you’re in those clothes.” She said as I was about to take off the wig. I let go of the wig from my hair and sat opposite her.

 

“Let’s begin now, shall we?” she smiled as she press the button of her recorder.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mianhe for the short chapter. :) Please comment ;)