Girls

I think I...

 

Yuri POV:

 

“It’s Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!”

 

 

“Sunny-yah! Stop jumping on my bed!” I yelled as i grab Sunny’s ankle and pull her down. She screamed surprised and thankfully, the jumping stopped.

 

“Yul! You are so mean! It’s Sunday!” Sunny argued. 

 

I put my pillows over my head to get more sleep. Too much thinking these days makes me insomniac. Suddenly Sooyoung and Hyoyeon barged in our room.

 

“Yah, Yul! Wake up! It’s Sunday!” Sooyoung shouted while Hyoyeon banged some pan and spatula.

 

“Yoona and I are trying to sleep!” I growled as i sat up but i was surprised to see that Yoona’s bed is empty. “Where’s Yoona?” I asked.

 

“She went on another fake date with Taecyeon oppa. She’ll be back by evening.” Sunny said as she sat on the edge of my bed.

 

“Why so grumpy, Yul? I remembered that you’re one of the early-risers here just to put some prank on us.” Sooyoung said as she lay on Yoona’s bed.

 

I smiled sadly, “I’m sorry guys, and it’s just that I have a lot of things in my mind lately. We’ve been busy and all.”

 

“That’s why we got Sunday’s off! We look forward to it, remember? This is the only time we got to be with each other.” Sunny said. Suddenly, I thought of Yoona and how she’s spending her Sunday with that jerk.

 

“You’re thinking about your twin, aren’t you, Yul? Ah, don’t worry about her. She’s big enough, besides, Taecyeon oppa is very hot. I know she’s enjoying” Sooyoung said, while wiggling her eyebrows.

 

I scoffed at her. ‘Yes, Taecyeon oppa is hot. But he is a jerk so it doesn’t count’ I said to myself.

 

“So what are we going to do today?” I asked just to change the topic. All three of them started to suggest things that we could do on a Sunday. I’m getting exhausted just thinking about it.

 

My day with the girls kept me busy. We put pranks on Tiffany by putting tons of fake insects on her things which got us a monster Jessica and Taeyeon for bullying Fany.

 

“Yah Yuri! Sooyoung! Hyoyeon! Stop bullying Fany!” Taeyeon, our leader shouted.

 

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon hide somewhere to bully their next victim, Sunny. I apologized to Tiffany which got me a smack in the head by Jessica. She’s very protective when it comes to Fany.

 

“Good thing Yoona is not here so i could smack you!” Jessica said.

 

Whenever Yoona and I bully Fany, Jessica came in to protect her best friend by smacking me which she got a smack from Yoona because she’s protecting me. We end up with 9 of us smacking each other. What can I say? We are not all cute and sweet. We can be rough and violent among each other and at the end of the day; we could only laugh about it.

 

I also got to help Seohyun cook some meals for the girls but they seemed to like Seohyun’s cooking more than mine. ‘Some friends they are.’ All throughout the day, we spend watching movies, play some board games and playing random stuffs. I really miss this but it will be more fun if Yoona was here.

 

Now, here we are laying quietly in our makeshift bed in the living room. We just want to spend more time together until we sleep. I put a pillow beside me to make a space for Yoona which got a teasing remark from Sooyoung that “the YoonYul twins will never be inseparable.”  I only replied with a giggle as i fix Yoona’s space.

 

Taeyeon and Seohyun were singing as Seohyun played her guitar. We were all singing along when Sooyoung asked,

 

“Guys, i was wondering, we spent all our lives together, what will happened if one of us have to leave because she’s going to marry somebody. What will happen to us?”

 

Taeyeon and Seohyun stopped singing and listen to Sooyoung because we never have this kind of conversation before.

 

“What makes you think that, Sooyoung unnie?” Seohyun asked.

 

“It’s just that now, Yoona has her fake boyfriend, she rarely spend time with us. What if she fell in love with Taecyeon oppa, like, for real? Would that be our cue to go on with our lives separately?”

 

Sooyoung’s question got us all wondering. Thinking that Yoona leaving us makes me want to cry. I would never want that to happen. I hope we could all spend our lives together.

 

“We’re not still sure about that, Sooyoung. But if that happens, we must be happy about each other’s happiness.” Tiffany said.

 

“What about you, Yul? What will you do if Yoong got married with Taecyeon oppa?” Jessica asked.

 

I stared at the ceiling, thinking the right words to say. I don’t know if i could take seeing Yoona with that jerk. But i have to find the right words to say to satisfy myself.

 

“I...I’ll be happy for Yoona. Whatever it is, i’ll support her.” I whispered.

 

We all kept quiet for a while, probably thinking what Sooyoung said. That thing never came into our lives because we are contented with each other. We do not need anybody but just each other.

 

“Yah! What if we marry ourselves so we could spend our lives together forever?!” Hyoyeon roared. That statement got laughs from all of us.

 

“That would be fun! All of us got to wear wedding gowns!” Taeyeon shouts.

 

“Yeah, we could do a beautiful wedding because all of us are girls!” Seohyun added.

 

“We put Pop music on our reception!” Tiffany hollered.

 

“We could have foods! Lots of it!” Sooyoung yelled triumphantly.

 

“Speaking of marrying each other, did it ever cross in your mind to have a relationship with a girl?” Sunny wondered. That one got us silent again.

 

‘Is she serious?’ I gulped, trying to see the girls’ reactions.

 

“Yeah, it crossed my mind.” Jessica whispered. All of us gasped at her admission. “Don’t get me wrong. It’s just that, I spent all my life with girls. My world revolved around them. I get to see you guys from the moment i woke up until falling asleep. It’s as if men don’t exist anymore.”

 

Wow, Jessica Jung, you’re my hero. That one got nods and appreciation from all the girls.

 

“You know, I got to agree with you, Sica. I do not see any problem with having a relationship with girls. I guess it’s more fun being with girls because, you can be her sister, best friend, lover, everything. You both share the same interest and experience the same things so you get to understand each other.” Sooyoung explained.

 

“Sica, now that you admit that you can be interested in a girl, can you tell us who your type is?” Sunny asked.

 

“Hhhmm, i want someone who could relate to me in every way. Who could finish my sentence and all.” Jessica smiled.

 

“So are you saying that you’ll date Fany unnie?” Seohyun asked.

 

“I don’t see why not.” Jessica giggled as Fany laughed along with her. We all looked at them. It seems like there is something going on with these two.

 

“Are you guys together?” Taeyeon asked. The two of them stopped laughing and looked at each other.

 

“I...uhhmm..”Jessica started.

 

“Yes!” Tiffany shouted. We all gasped. Jessica and Tiffany?! Yes, i know that they’re always together like Yoona and I but i never thought them that they like each other that way. Everybody kept quiet; we are completely speechless on their declaration as the couple looked at us warily.

 

Suddenly, Sunny broke the ice and asked, “How long you’ve been together?”

 

They looked at each other again and Jessica held Fany’s hand, “We’ve been together for 5 months now.”

 

“That long?!” we all shouted. I thought that the reason why they are all touchy towards each other is because their friends and that type of affection are very common to us. Oh, that is why Jessica is so protective towards Tiffany.

 

“Guys, we’re sorry that we keep this to you, it’s just that we don’t know how you’ll be able to accept us.” Tiffany defended as she looked back on Jessica, as if she’s asking some help.

 

“We love each other so I hope you could accept us. We believe that even if the worlds turn us down at least the 7 of you will understand our situation.” Jessica pleads.

 

“What makes you think that we do not accept your relationship with Fany, Sica?” I whispered, thankfully, i finally found my voice to ask. I’m glad that the two of them were sure of themselves.  I just hope that I also find the answers to my confusion.

 

Jessica just shrugged at me, “I don’t know. We’re not used to this thing.”

 

“Well, Sica, be glad because we are happy that you and Fany are together. We know that no douche bag could make you cry.” Taeyeon smiled at the couple. We all agree and hug the new couple.

 

“Oh, that is why Sica is begging me to switch places with Fany!” Sooyoung said as we broke our group hug.

 

We all laughed and continue talking until one by one, the girls fall asleep except for me. I glanced at the clock and noticed that it’s already 10:30PM. Yoona is not yet home. I passed by the bodies of the girls who were sleeping soundly on the mattresses except for the occasional snore of Sunny and sleep talking of Sooyoung and Taeyeon. I smiled at them and went to the kitchen to get some tea and decided to wait for Yoona. I was surprised to see that Sica is there, sitting by the dining table.

 

“Sica, I thought you were sleeping.” I asked as i get my tea and sat in front of her.

 

“I couldn’t sleep. How about you? Why are you still up?” Jessica asked.

 

I put down my mug and feel its warmth on my hands, “I couldn’t sleep either. I decided to wait for Yoona.” I smiled shyly.

 

Jessica smiled back at me and we kept quiet for awhile, enjoying the quiet night except for the loud sleep talking of Taeyeon. We laughed at our group leader.

 

“Sica, can i ask you something?” I asked shyly.

 

Jessica looked at me and said, “Hmm? What is it?” I looked up to her nervously thinking that this is not a right idea but i need some answers for my confusion.

 

“Wh-When did you k-know that you know? You’re in love with-“ I stuttered as i nod towards Fany whose fast asleep. Jessica looked at Fany with such adoration that i have to look at my mug to avoid ruining the moment.

 

“I don’t know, either. Maybe it started when we had a show with the Super Junior oppas.  Don’t get me wrong, I know we respect each other like brothers and sisters but when i saw Fany having fun with them, I realized that I’m jealous that they were making Fany laugh so hard. Fany is very beautiful when she laughs, no wonder why guys started flocking towards her and she got shy from the attention. So, that night, I told her that I wish I could make her laugh like what the SuJu oppas do. She just gave me one beautiful smile and that’s it, I’m in love.” Jessica said.

 

I sipped on my tea and put it down, “So, did you tell her right away?” She looked at me as if she already knew why I’m asking her these questions. I turned to look at the window.

 

“No, I kept it for a while. I’m scared that once i confess it to her, she might get mad or worst, she might leave. I have to thank you and our prankster friends” she smiled as she looked at me. I giggled as she continued her story, “If not for you and the girls, Fany wouldn’t always come to me whenever you’re bullying her. She kept on telling me not to leave her because I’m always there to protect her. Where else am i going to go, right? So anyway, at that very moment, I ask her if I could be her knight in shining armor. Without hesitation she said ‘Yes’ and asked if I’m already her girlfriend. I was surprised that she also feels the same way. So we agree to keep our relationship quiet for awhile and since you were all okay with it, we decided to tell all of you, and the rest is history.” She sighed.

 

“Wow. I’m so happy for you two.” I whispered

 

“Yeah, I’m glad you guys accept us.” She smiled.

 

“We’re family. We accept each other no matter what.”

 

“Indeed.” She giggled.

 

“Jessie?” a voice said from the living room. We all know that that could be one person.

 

“That’s my cue to sleep. Good night, Yul.” Sica said as she started walking towards the living room.

 

“Good night, Sica.” I mumbled.

 

“Oh, i forgot something.” She turned to look at me. “Don’t let her slip away, Yul. Tell her immediately. I can see that she also feels the same way towards you.” Before i could answer Sica, she’s already gone and went to the living room to sleep beside Tiffany.

 

I sighed. How could I know if Sica was right? We are not in the same situation. Fany doesn’t have a fake boyfriend that she secretly adored. Fany doesn’t have to act in love with that boyfriend just to please the people. Fany is not Yoona. Jessica and Fany can love freely, with no complications. Unlike Yoona and I, Yoona doesn’t feel the same way. I am just her best friend. She likes Taecyeon oppa no matter how jerk he is. No, Yoona and I aren’t like Fany and Sica. I have to keep in mind that Yoona likes Taecyeon and i am nothing more than a best friend to her.

 

Suddenly, a jiggling of keys broke my train of thought. ‘She’s here.’ I thought.

 

“Yuri unnie? Why are they in the living room?” Yoona asked as she took of her coat.

 

“We hang out earlier. Sunny said since we could only spend time together during Sundays, why don’t we all sleep together?”  I smiled. Yoona took the seat that Sica occupied and sat on it.

 

“I wish I was here. I probably missed lots of things.” She pouted. I smiled the way her lips pursed. It’s so cute.

 

I reply with a nod and asked, “So how was your day with Taecyeon oppa?”

 

“It was fun. We went on the carnival and tried every ride just to show people how sweet we are. Taecyeon is a gentleman. He bought all of you a key chain.” She said as she gets those key chains from her bag. “You see, i help Taecyeon oppa choosing these key chains. I told him what you like and your personality. Sooyoung got a hamburger key chain because she’s always hungry. Sunny got this aegyo angel. Seohyun got a sweet potato key chain. Taeyeon got an ice cream key chain. Hyoyeon got this princess Fiona key chain. Tiffany and Jessica got this USA key chain, and you got this.”

 

Yoona lifted a key chain shell with a black pearl inside. I was surprised to see that it was different from the other key chains. It’s very beautiful.

 

“I found it in some antique shop near the carnival. I immediately thought of you when i saw this. When we were about to go home, Taecyeon oppa forgot to buy one for you.” she said. I smiled at the thought that she bought this one for me. It’s not from that jerk but from her. I looked at it with such amazement because I will never let it go.

 

  “I cannot understand how come Taecyeon oppa forgot to buy you a gift. He told me that you’re gym buddies with him. Well, maybe he find it hard to memorize all your names that’s why he forgot it.” She giggled. I don’t care if he forgot to get me a key chain. I got my favourite now.

 

“So, he told you that we’re gym buddies?” i asked while i’m playing with my key chain.

 

“Yeah. He even told me how mad you are when Jay oppa kept on teasing you because you don’t want to have a gym buddy.” She smiled. “I promise you Yuri unnie, Taecyeon oppa is very nice. I’m sure you’re going to like him and you’ll enjoy training with him.”

 

I rolled my eyes at that one. He’s a jerk period. Yoona noticed my action and said, “I told him that you’re into pranks and he said he enjoys a few good pranks with his group mates so if he tried to pull a prank on you, just tell me and i’ll protect you, okay?” I giggled how protective Yoona is towards me. We kept quiet for a while, listening to Sunny’s snore, we looked at each other and laughed.

 

“Yuri unnie?” she asked.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Is it me or it’s just Sica and Fany sleeps too close with each other?” Yoona asked as she looked at the couple. Fany is almost at the top of Sica’s body while Sica wrapped her arms around her girlfriend. I smiled that Yoona is not yet informed about the couple.

 

“They told us earlier that they’ve been dating for almost 5 months.” I smiled.

 

Yoona didn’t even hide her shock when she knew that the two were dating.

 

“Really? How come they didn’t tell us?!” she said almost shouting. I shushed her while giggling, finding Yoona’s surprised look quite amusing.

 

“Yeah, we asked them that same thing. They told us that they’re scared that we may judge them so they kept quiet for a while.” I replied. Yoona’s surprised look turned into amusement as she looked at the couple.

 

“Wow, they’re so lucky they find each other.” She whispered. It’s my turn to be surprised. Yoona looked like she’s longing to have someone like Fany and Sica’s relationship.

 

“Yoong, is it okay for you have a relationship like Fany and Sica?” I asked blatantly. ‘Damn, word vomit.’

 

Yoona looked at me, smiling. “If I could have a relationship like what those couple have, I don’t mind if it’s a girl or a guy as long as they’re always there for me.” Of course, she’s thinking about Taecyeon oppa, she likes him, doesn’t she? But a small part of me felt hope from what she said.

 

“How about you, Yul?” she asked, seriously. I was surprised that she asked me this kind of question.

 

“I...uuhh...I still don’t know. But whoever God gives me to spend the rest of my life with, i would gladly accept it.” I stammered.

 

Yoona smiled at me and suddenly she yawned, “I’m sleepy. Let’s get to bed, Yuri unnie.”

 

“Okay” I smiled. We kept the key chains to give it to the girls tomorrow and we went to the living room to lie down side by side.

 

“Good night, Yuri unnie. I’m glad that I got to talk to you, again.” She whispered.

 

“Yeah, me too. Good night, Yoong.” I said as i closed my eyes. In my hand, i clasp the most precious gift i have ever received.

TBC :)