Tears

I think I...

A/N: I'M IN THE MOOD FOR DOUBLE UPDATE! :)

 

Yuri POV:

 

Yuri...

 

Yuri...

 

That voice, I know that voice. I turned my head towards the voice but i saw nothing but darkness.

 

Yuri...

 

Yuri...

 

I tried to follow the voice but as i kept running towards it, i found myself heading to no particular direction. I stopped because there’s no point of running.

 

“Yoona! Can you hear me?! Speak up!” i shouted.

 

“Yuri, help me! They’re coming after me! Help!” a voice cried.

 

I tried to run again towards the darkness, i run and run until my legs gave up and fell down. I weep and weep because there’s nothing I can do to help her.

 

Suddenly, my body shook from the most piercing shriek I ever heard in my life.

 

“Yoona!”

 

I bolted up from my bed. My sheets were damped from my sweat and tears. My body is still shaking from that nightmare again. Since Yoona’s disappearance, i kept having nightmares every night that’ll wake the girls up in the middle of the night. I always cried myself to sleep because of many things. I can feel that I’m a burden to the girls for always looking after me. I kept them awake almost every night from my cries and my nightmares. Those nightmares that make me scared to sleep every night. I don’t know what to do anymore.  I listened to my heartbeat until it calm down and i, once again, laid down.

 

Yoona is still keeping her distance from us by not answering our call or our texts.  I’m getting tired of this kind of set-up. There’s a small part of me saying that i should give up because there’s no point in doing what i’m doing if the other person is distancing herself.

 

 I sighed as I put down my phone and hug Yoongsan as tears flow freely from my eyes. Just then, I heard a soft knock by the door.

 

“Unnie?” a voice called. I kept myself from moving until I felt the edge of the bed deepen.

 

“The dinner’s ready. You should eat something; you only ate a little this past few days.” Seohyun said, concerned. I looked at our maknae with worry in her eyes.

 

“I’m not hungry.” i whispered and go back to my previous position. I heard Seohyun sighed.

 

“I wish i could do something to get Yoona unnie back. Everyone is affected that you’re like this, unnie.” She said. I felt sorry for Seohyun. She is always looking for something that will make us happy. She is truly our angel. I looked back at her and reached for her hand.

 

“Seohyun, don’t blame yourself for not doing something. You are doing your best already. Thank you.” I smiled weakly and i’m glad that she smiled back. She left me after that as well as the other girls.

 

I kept myself locked in our room for days now. I know that i’m a burden to them right now but i can’t be sorry for feeling this way. I need to see Yoona and there’s nothing i can do about it.  I got occasional visits from the girls, inviting me to go out with them there are times that i agree to go with them just to please them.

 

I rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling. Why did Yoona refuse to answer my calls? She always knows how much i call her whenever i miss her.

 

‘What if she already knew that Taecyeon likes you? Maybe the reason why she didn’t answer your call is because she’s mad at you.’ My subconscious said.

 

What if my conscience is right? What if she’s really mad at me? I betrayed her. I abruptly sat up as I heard my phone ringing. I didn’t even bother to see who’s calling, thinking it might be Yoona.

 

“Yeboseyo?” I said hurriedly. My hearts beats so fast, expecting to hear Yoona’s voice on the other line.

 

“Yuri.” A voice on the other line said.

 

My face disenchanted when I immediately heard a familiar voice.

 

“Taecyeon oppa.” I murmured, trying to hide my disappointment.

 

“I need to see you right now. I really miss you.” Taecyeon oppa pleaded.

 

“No, oppa. I can’t.”

 

“Please? I beg you. Just open your front door. I’m here at your dorm.”

 

I was shocked to hear that he’s here. He cannot be here! No one should see him! Not the public, not the girls, no one!

 

“Oppa! You cannot be here! Someone might see you!” I whisper-yelled.

 

“But Yul pease! I need —”

 

 

“Ok fine! Meet me at the place you brought me.” I said firmly.

 

I heard Taecyeon oppa sighed in relief and replied, “Thank you, Yul. You don’t know how happy I am!”

 

“Just wait for me there, oppa.  Anneyeong.”

 

“Bye.” And the line went dead. I sighed. I need to clear everything up with Taecyeon oppa. I need to ask him regarding Yoona. I need some answers why Yoona went away.

 

I walked to the place where Taecyeon oppa brought me. I immediately saw him drinking a bottle of beer while his back facing me. I walk towards him and called his name. He immediately turned around and i saw how drunk he was.

 

“Oppa, you’re drunk.” I said. He stagger walked towards me and immediately hugged me. I was taken aback by his action and i suddenly wiggled out of his grasp.

 

“Oppa!” I shouted at him.

 

He loosen his grip on me and looked at me with such amazement as if he couldn’t believe that i’m here in front of him.

 

“You came. Wow, you are so beautiful, my jinjoo.” He smiled. I looked down at myself and scoffed. How can i be beautiful? I walked here in my pyjamas and a huge jacket because of the cold night.

 

“So, what do you want to talk about, oppa?” I asked. I’m not in the mood for praises.

 

His mood changes and immediately cleared his throat.

 

“Yuri. I’m sorry for what I did. It’s just that I miss you so much! I am desperate to see you!”  he said drunkly.

 

“Oppa, i told you. We can’t be together.” I said bleakly. He paused to look at me and I saw how his expression changed.

 

“Why?! Why can’t we be together? I’m already free from that fake relationship with Yoona! Yuri, you don’t know how much i need you! I never felt like this before! Ask everyone around me, they’ll tell you that I never plead on a girl to love me. It’s you, my Jinjoo! You’re all that I want!”

 

I sighed because i think there’s no point in arguing with Taecyeon. He never understands my situation.

 

“Oppa, i appreciate your admiration towards me, i really do. I told you before, if I felt the same way towards you, I would want us to be together but...” I paused. “I—I love someone e-else.” I whispered.

 

 

He looked down and went quiet for a while. “Is that...is that Minho” he whispered. I scoffed at him because Minho oppa is just a friend and I don’t need to explain that to him. “I heard a lot of rumors about you and him...” he said as he looked at me.

 

“...but, my Jinjoo, he’s not the guy for you. It’s me. I am the right guy for you! I can GIVE you things that OTHERS can’t!” he said firmly as he emphasizes those words. What is he trying to say?

 

He suddenly knelt down in front of me and  said, “YOU DESERVE A MAN WHO COULD GIVE YOU THINGS YOU WOULDN’T IMAGINE! YOU DESERVE A PERFECT LOVE! I COULD GIVE THAT TO YOU, KWON YURI! JUST CHOOSE ME PLEASE!” He exploded. I looked at him, confused because I know that he’s not talking about Minho oppa anymore.

 

He stood up and I kept silent as he said, “WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO MAKE YOU CHOOSE ME, HUH? I GUESS I HAVE TO DO THIS JUST TO WAKE UP YOUR SENSES!”

 

He grabbed my waist and pulled me to him as he kissed me on my lips. I was stunned when his lips pressed into mine. He can’t be my first kiss! I want it to be Yoona! Only Yoona. I grabbed all my strength and pushed him. He staggered and grabbed himself before he could fall down the ground.

 

“OPPA! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!” i shouted at him.

 

“I LOVE YOU YURI! CAN’T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?! IT’S MAKING ME INSANE—“

 

“I’M IN LOVE WITH YOONA!” I cried. He needs to know this. He needs to understand that i love Yoona more than anybody else. He stopped upon hearing the words that i said.

 

He looked at me for a moment, completely shocked and then he laughed bitterly.

 

“Yah! Why are you laughing?!” I asked because i’m offended. Does he think that this is funny?!

 

He continued to laugh until i saw tears in his eyes. It’s not a tear from laughing but a tear from crying. Taecyeon oppa is crying. I was going to ask him what’s wrong but he beat me to it by talking.

 

“I’m too late. I already lost. You already choose her.” He whispered as he wiped his tears, calming down.

 

 “Who am i compared to her?” he scoffed. It’s as if he’s talking to himself. “Sure, I could give you anything but that is not enough compare to what Yoona could give you. You’ve known each other all your lives.”  He looked at me with such sadness in his eyes. “i should’ve known from the start but I was too preoccupied of the idea being with you."

 

I looked at him puzzled and asked, “Oppa, I don’t understand.”

 

“Yoona loves you, my Jinjoo.” He said despondently.

 

Yoona?! H-how? 

 

Taecyeon oppa seemed to notice my confusion so, he said, “I guess it’s my mistake for letting my rival realize her feelings towards you. I pointed out to her that she’s always talking about you and when i , ‘Yoona, you’re always talking about Yuri. If you’re not best friends, i would think that you’re in love with her.’ She just smiled and blushed. When she found out that i’m in love with you. She went furious and told me to leave you alone, that i don’t deserve you. You are too special for a guy like me. When i asked, who’s that person who deserves you, that’s when she admitted that she’s in love with you.”

 

I kept quiet, trying to absorb the things that he said. If she really does love me, she never left me. He studied me for a while before continuing, “i tried to prove to her that i can give you things much more than she could give. I tried to beg her to let you go. I even cried in front of her just to prove how much i love you but she’s too stubborn.”

 

I’m too speechless to react. After all these months of torturing myself that Yoona do not feel the same way is making me feel like a fool. All this time i thought she’s in love with Taecyeon oppa. She kept on leading me that she loves Taecyeon. Why is Yoona so confusing? Why does she keep on hurting me?

 

“My Jinjoo, aren’t you going to say something?” he asked me.

 

I looked at him and smiled weakly. “I’m taking it all in. I’m not sure if i’m going to believe everything that you said. The only thing that I am sure is that I love Yoona. I always will.”

 

Taecyeon oppa smiled at me bleakly, “I guess there’s nothing I could do to change your mind then?” I felt bad for Taecyeon oppa. I can feel his sincerity towards me but it’s not enough for me to change my mind towards Yoona. She’s giving endless reasons why I love her despite of what she’s doing to me right now.

 

I shrugged at him. “I am sure about my feelings.”

 

“Can I still call you my Jinjoo? At least we could be friends. I know it’s hard but I just want some proof that we’re okay.”

 

I smiled sadly at him and replied, “I think it’s better for us not to talk again. I don’t want to give you false hope. I hope you respect that, oppa.”

 

He just nodded at me, understanding. “You will always be My Jinjoo.”

 

Despite of Yoona, hurting me by leaving me, she’s still the one that i want.

TBC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ottoke! please don't kill me :) just leave a comment :)