Goodbye

I think I...

A/N: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YURI'S HUSBAND...IM YOONA :) WOO0O0O0O0TTT! I KNOW ITS BEEN A LONG TIIME SINCE I'VE UPDATED YOUR FAVE FICS, I JUST GOT PROBLEMS WITH MY LAPTOP BUT THANKFULLY EVERYTHING'S OKAY NOW! I'M GOING TO UPDATE OTHER FICS. SO PLEASE ANTICIPATE FOR THAT :)

 

Yuri POV:

 

I panted as I wiped my sweat and sat haphazardly on a bench by the park. It’s a beautiful day that’s why I decided to run. I inhale the fresh air and exhaled loudly. This past few weeks has been the usual for us. We got used to our routine. Work separately on weekdays and spend quality time on a weekend. Things with Yoona were okay since we haven’t got a chance to catch up with each other except seeing her in our room, already asleep. I spent my nights at the park working at the playground in replace of my gym routine. I couldn’t face Taecyeon anymore despite Jay oppa’s pleading on me to get back at the gym because Taecyeon is harassing him to get me back.

 

As for Yoona, she seems to make an effort just to make sure that i’m okay. She always put a sticky note beside my pillow every morning before she went to her schedules, she left me with words like, “Good luck on your CF shoot today, Yuri unnie!” or “Hwaiting Yuri unnie!” or “Smile, beautiful J” Those words never failed to make me smile.

 

I suddenly remembered the sticky note Yoona left on my pillow. I haven’t got a chance to read it because I’m too eager to do my run. I took the sticky note out of my pocket and flipped it open.

 

‘The Heart has its reasons that reason knows nothing of.’

 

I read it again and again trying to decipher what she wrote. What does she trying to say? I shrugged. Maybe i better go home and ask Yoona about it later. I kept the paper back in my pocket and jog towards home.

 

“I’m home!” I shouted as I put back my running shoes on the shoe rack. I skipped happily to the living room and I was surprised to see Hyoyeon, Sunny and Seohyun glued on the TV.

 

“Hey guys! What are you watching?" i jumped to sit on the sofa.

 

They seemed unfazed so I turned towards the TV to see what they are looking at. It’s the entertainment news featuring Yoona and Taecyeon. They showed the paparazzi clips and photos of them holding hands and acting sweet but it suddenly cut into photos of the couple arguing. I read the headline at the bottom of the screen: IT’S OFFICIAL! 2PM TAECYEON AND SNSD YOONA BREAK UP.

 

I gasped after I read the headline. What is happening? Seohyun turned up the volume of the TV to hear the announcer delivering the news.

 

“Every fan all over Korea is mourning to hear that the Nation’s beloved KPop couple, 2PM’s Taecyeon and SNSD’s Yoona broke up. Their publicists confirmed that the couple broke up after the paparazzi photos of them fighting at the parking lot last night were released.  According to the paparazzi who took the photo, there were a lot of tears during the argument. The fight ended with Yoona leaving abruptly and Taecyeon left by himself, crying. Both camps refused to disclose the reason of the break up.” 

 

The announcer said as Hyoyeon turned off the television. We all sighed and the atmosphere around us is getting very heavy.

 

“I felt so sorry for Yoona unnie that it has to end this way.” Seohyun said.

 

We’re supposed to felt relieved that this one already ended. We can all get back to our normal lives without people asking about Yoona and Taecyeon oppa. But my mind is boggling with questions if that “fight” is really real. Yoona is not the type of person who would agree in that kind of set-up. I can sense that something’s not right.

 

“Why do they have to end this so-called relationship like this? Manager oppa should’ve release a press release or something but making Yoona look bad for leaving Taecyeon?” Hyoyeon wondered.

 

“Something’s wrong here.” Sunny said and i just nod at her. Just then, Seohyun’s phone rang. She looked at her phone and answered it.

 

“Manager oppa?” she said. We all looked at each other nervously as Seohyun talked with manager oppa.

 

“Ne, we’ll be there. Annyeong, Manager oppa.” Seohyun said as she put down the phone. She looked up at us, anxiously.

 

“Manager oppa wants us immediately at his office.” She whispered. We all looked at each other and sighed.

 

“Why do i feel something’s wrong?” Hyoyeon said.

 

We all went to our rooms and started to get ready. I looked at my phone to see if Yoona left a message or something. I sighed because there are no new messages nor missed calls from her. What could she be doing right now? Is she okay? I went back to reality when Seohyun called me and we all went to manager oppa’s office.

 

All of us were gathered in manager oppa’s office. He was seated by his desk, thinking deeply. He didn’t even notice that all of us were here, except Yoona.

 

“Yul, where’s Yoona?” Tiffany whispered at me.

 

I shrugged at her because i don’t even know the answer. She and her girlfriend, Sica, hugged me, as if to remind me to be strong but my tears were stubborn to listen to my brain. They flowed slowly from my eyes as i wiped them hastily.

 

“She’s not answering her phone.” Sooyoung said as she looked at her phone.

 

The room filled with our whispers, thinking where our Yoona has been. I don’t know what I am going to do with myself if something happened to her. Then, we were silenced by clearing of manager oppa’s throat.

 

“Don’t worry about Yoona. She’s somewhere safe.” Manager oppa, said.

 

“Oppa, what is happening? Why is Yoona gone?” Taeyeon asked. Manager oppa looked at us, one by one and sighed heavily.

 

“Taeyeon and Yoona’s break up was not staged. Those pictures were real.” He said.

 

We gasped at manager oppa’s admission.

 

“What do you mean, oppa?” Jessica voiced out.

 

Manager oppa looked at us and said, “JYP and I did not expect this to happen, we plan a different break up where it will end quietly.  We both asked Yoona and Taecyeon what is happening between them but they refused to tell us. The paparazzis caught their fight. There’s nothing we could do, so we confirmed that the pictures were true.”

 

“Why did you take Yoona into hiding, manager oppa?” Jessica asked.

 

“The fans were violent especially Taecyeon’s fans. They were posting death threats towards Yoona all over the internet so we decided to hide her for a while.”

 

“So where is Yoona, now?” I insisted.

 

“I can’t tell you that. But she’s safe, don’t worry. We’ll just let this issue die down before I let Yoona come home. I know how violent some fans are especially those pictures were evidently made Yoona a bad person for leaving Taecyeon.” Manager oppa said, calmly but for me, it’s the opposite. I am worried sick about her. People are going to criticize her and she needs us to be there for her, yet she’s all alone somewhere.

 

“How could you be so sure that she’s safe?! Have you ever tried calling her and see that she’s not answering her phone?! There are vultures out there, waiting to condemn Yoona! She’ll be safer if she’s with us!” I enraged. The girls tried to calm me down. I will not calm down until I could see Yoona’s face in front of me.

 

“Yul, i understand how worried you are about Yoona but i can tell you that she’s safer wherever she is. I cannot tell the reason why Yoona refused to answer her phone. Give her time, she’ll call you.” Manager oppa said.

 

I sat down and cried. I know that it’s embarrassing to cry in front of them for no apparent reason but i don’t give a damn anymore. I need my Yoona.

 

“Unnie, Yoona unnie will come back. Maybe she has a reason why she did this. Just give her time.”  Seohyun said, hugging me. I calmed down a bit, thinking the sticky note Yoona sent me this morning.

 

’The Heart has its reasons that reason knows nothing of.’

 

I wish that I was enough for her to stay here with me.

 

TBC.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

PLEASE COMMENT :)