Saranghae, unnie.

I think I...

 

Yuri POV:

 

Five...

 

Six...

 

Seven...

 

Eight...

 

Left...

 

Left...

 

“Aigoo! I couldn’t get it!” I shouted. The other dancers with me were laughing at my sudden outburst.

 

“Yuri-sshi, you’re doing it right. What’s wrong with that?” one of the dancers said.

 

“You’re so hard on yourself, Yul.” Jake, our choreographer said. “Okay, I guess we call it a night, then. See you tomorrow guys!” He shouted and the dancers were dispersed one by one.

 

I tried to do the dance routine some more until I slumped on the floor. I closed my eyes and tried to steady my heartbeat.

 

It’s been a week since Yoona came back in our dorm. Things with her were a little bit awkward; it’s as if were strangers and not the YoonYul we’re supposed to be. We know we haven’t talked about the things that need to be cleared because we’re afraid of the hurt that this might cause but we both know we are hurting right now. I miss the way we were before. I miss the old us.

 

“SM entertainment is not paying you to lay down on a practice, unnie.” A voice said.

 

I sat up and looked up to see Amber walking towards me. I smiled at her and wipe the sweat off my face.

 

“The practice is already over.” I said.

 

Amber sat beside me and leaned by the mirror. I watched as she played with the CD player beside her.

 

“So, how are the things with Yoona unnie? Are you patching things up with her?”  She asked.

 

I la

y back again and sighed. “I don’t know, Amber. Being with Yoona is so awkward. Whenever we’re in the same room, it feels like we’re strangers. We’re so polite with each other, maybe it’s because we’re both avoiding the topic that needs to be clarified.”

 

“Why didn’t you ask her directly? Why didn’t you get mad at her? Yell at her?”

 

“I tried asking myself that question but i can’t seem to find the answer.”

 

“That’s what you call love, unnie.” She smiled.

 

“I guess.” I smiled back.

 

We went on a comfortable silence for a while. I guess i loved Yoona too much that i can’t bear getting mad at her.

 

“I can see that Yoona has feelings for you too, unnie.” Amber said as she continued to play with the CD player.

 

I scoffed at her and said, “What makes you say that? If Taecyeon oppa’s right, she shouldn’t leave in the first place.”

 

“Maybe she has her reasons.”

 

My blood started to boil upon hearing those words. I’m tired of her reasons. “I am her best friend, she should’ve confided in me. She knows that I’m always there for her.”

 

“Why don’t you ask her so that you could get over that self pity?” she retorted.

 

I looked at Amber thinking that she has a point. I exhaled and brushed my stray hair upwards.

 

“I want to but I can’t. I don’t want to assume something just because somebody told to me.”

 

“There’s no harm in trying, Yuri unnie. Do you want your relationship with Yoona to continue like this?”

 

Damn, this kid is right.

 

I laughed at the silliness of the situation.

 

“Yah, we’re serious here, why are you laughing?” she asked as she pushed me.

 

I continued laughing until my laughter was heard all throughout the studio.

 

“It’s just that, i’m the unnie, i’m supposed to be the one guiding you not the other way around.” I said as my laughter subsided. Now, it’s Amber’s turn to laugh.

 

“Love can make you a fool, sometimes.” She commented as I smiled at her. “You know, I got something to say.” She said nervously.

 

I paused. “What is it?”

 

Amber looked at me and turned her gaze towards the ceiling.

 

“I’ve been liking you for a while now, unnie.” She mumbled.

 

I did not even hide my surprise and looked at her with wide eyes.

 

“Amber, I thought I made my feelings clear. I love—“

 

“I know unnie. I just want to tell it to you to get this out of my chest.” She defended.

 

I remained looking at her as I let her continue what she has to say.

 

“When I learned that you’re hiding your feelings towards Yoona unnie and you didn’t have the chance to tell it to her, i told myself that i don’t want that to happen to me so i admitted it to you. I’m not asking for a chance because i can see how much you love Yoona unnie.”

 

“Why are you saying this?”

 

“I don’t know. I just want you to know that there’s someone for you if the person you’re waiting for will never comeback.”

 

“That will never happen.” I said.

 

“I know.”

 

“You know?”

 

She nodded at me. “Yoona unnie seems so jealous whenever I’m talking to you or just hanging out with you. I can see the way she looked at me and whenever i’m offering you something, she’s always like, ‘Yuri unnie, try this or Yuri unnie, i’ll do that for you.’ It’s like she thinks she has a competition for your attention. I find it cute actually.”

 

“Really? Why didn’t I notice that?” I looked at her, shocked, from what she said.

 

“Maybe you are too preoccupied with your scepticism about her feelings for you. I can see that she feels the same way to you, too. Just be patient, you’re both testing the waters.”

 

I contemplated from what she said.

 

“Amber, i hope things are not awkward between us, now that we both know your feelings for me.”

 

“Aniyo. I just want you to know that.” She smiled. “Besides, i realized that what i felt for you is just like my real unnie. I never thought that there is someone who’s always there for me from the start.”

 

“OMO! You’re in love?! With whom? Do i know that person?”  i never got this excited for my dongsaeng.

 

Amber laughed at me and pushed me for being so curious about her love life.

 

“Yah Unnie! Let’s save that drama for next time! You still have your own to finish!” Amber teased.

 

“Yah! Amber!” I pushed her back to grab my things and ran towards the studio’s exit.

 

Amber got up immediately and we both ran towards the Seoul’s night skyline.

 

*

 

“AAAHHHHH!!!!! SOOYOUUNNGG!!!”

 

“SHIKSHIN! STOP HARASSING MY FANY!”

 

“i’M NOT DOING ANYTHING! IT’S HYOYEON!"

 

“WEH?! IT’S NOT ME! IT’S YOONA!”

 

“OUCH! IT’S NOT ME SICA UNNIE! SUNNY MADE ME DO IT!”

 

“SHUT UP YOONA! IT’S YOUR FAULT TOO! OUCH! TAENGOO! STOPTHIS MONSTER!”

 

“SICA UNNIE! STOP KICKING SUNNY UNNIE!”

 

“AALLLRRIIGGHHHT! EVERYBODY CUT IT OUT!”

 

As scary as it may sound, living with these girls is always fun. Who would’ve thought that the nation’s popular girl group is like this? They always thought that we look at the mirror 99% of the time and act all prim and proper because we are highly respected. Little did they now that being prim and proper is not in our book. Well, maybe, Seohyun’s.

 

I grabbed the keys from my bag and turned the lock. “I’m home!” I shouted as I removed my shoes. I walked towards the living room and saw Jessica, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Yoona and Sunny wrestling with each other. Meanwhile, Seohyun wrapped her arms around her unnie, Fany, whose eyes were red from crying and Taeyeon whose arms were in mid-air with a toy hammer in hand, aiming the girls.

 

“What is going on here?” too amused with view that i’m witnessing.

 

“Hi Yul!” they all chorused. Then, the kid leader hit the girls’ head which made the girl scrambled out of each other.

 

“What happened?” i asked as i make way to Seohyun and Tiffany.

 

“They made Fany unnie cry by putting fake bugs on her bed. Sica unnie went mad for pranking Fany unnie so she went kicking and punching them.” Seohyun explained.

 

I laughed at maeknae’s story, regretting that I didn’t witness the scene.

 

“Well, have fun with your fight. i’ll be going to my room to change. I feel icky from all the rehearsal.” I smiled and left them to go to our room.

 

After I closed the door, i immediately jumped on the bed, on my stomach and sighed.

 

“Knock, knock.” A voice said.

 

I rolled on my back and saw Yoona standing by the door.

 

“Yoona, what are you doing there? It’s your room, too.” I sat up.

 

She went on her bed and sat on it.

 

“I thought you’re already sleeping. I just want to ask if you had dinner. Taeyeon unnie and Sunny brought some food earlier.” She said as she looked down.

 

I blushed at Yoona’s concern, “Thanks, but i already ate dinner.”

 

She looked up, surprised and said, “Really? With whom?”

 

“Amber. We went somewhere downtown just to try some food there.”

 

“You’re always with her.” She said meekly.

 

“She’s a friend plus we’re rehearsing together.” I said as i played with the loose thread on my pillow.

 

“You’re never like that with other artists you collaborated with.” She reasoned.

 

I gasped at her and retorted, “What are you trying to say?”

 

She rubbed her neck, based from years of being with her, that’s a sign that the doe-eyed girl is agitated.

 

“I-uh...I’m just saying that you’re paying much time with Amber than with...m—us.”

 

Spending much time with Amber?! I’m just doing what i’m supposed to do!

 

I can feel my anger raising up because i don’t get why hanging out with Amber is such a big deal. I can’t help but being overprotected towards Amber because i owe it a lot to her.

 

“Did the girls tell you this?!” I got up from the bed and head towards the door.

 

“Aniyo!” she said as i reached towards the door handle. I turned to her looked at her confused.

 

“What?”

 

“The girls didn’t tell me.” She whispered and looked down.

 

“Then who?” I leaned by the door and crossed my arms to my chest.

 

“Me.” She looked up to me and bit her lip. “It’s just that you spend more time with Amber. We never got to be the YoonYul we’re supposed to be. I thought that when i come back you would welcome me back and hit me for worrying you but instead, you distanced yourself from me and spend much time with that girl!” she defended.

 

I was dumbfounded from what she said. She’s jealous that I spend more time with Amber than her?

 

“Do you think i would welcome you back after what i’ve been through since you left?!” i snapped “You didn’t even contact one of us just to make sure that you’re safe. We never heard anything from you! And now you’re expecting me to act as if nothing happened?!”

 

“I have a reason that’s why i left!”

 

“Oh what could that reason be? Is it that important that you forgot to think that there is someone who’s been worried sick about you?” I said sarcastically.

 

“Yes.” She mumbled.

 

“Tell me so i could be the judge of that!” I yelled.

 

She just looked down at the ground, unsure of what to say. I exhaled, keeping my tears from falling. I don’t want her to see that i’m hurting. I need her to see how mad i am.

 

“I am your bestfriend, Yoona. Why wouldn’t you tell me?” my voice is trembling, afraid that my tears will fall any moment. She looked at me with sadness in her eyes, she’s also afraid of what will happen for the both of us.

 

“I...uuhh—“ she started.

 

“Hey, we’re going to watch the movie, are you guys going to join us?” Jessica barged in. She looked at us as if she already knew what is going on between Yoona and i.

 

“Is everything alright?” Jessica asked again when no one answered to her movie offer.

 

I kept my stare towards Yoona who kept her gaze at me.

 

“Y-yeah, we’re fine, Sica. Yuri unnie and I were just discussing things.” Yoona said as she kept gawking at me. I turned to look at Jessica who seemed to be sceptical about Yoona’s answer but she nodded. The ice princess looked at me and asked,

 

“Are you going to join us, Yul?”

 

I shake my head and said, “ I think i’ll pass. I’m too tired from the rehearsal. You guys have fun.”

 

Jessica nodded at me and turned toward the doe-eyed girl, “C’mon, Yoona, I need you to help me when Fany fall asleep on the couch again. Good night, Yul.”

 

The two went downstairs and i slumped back on my bed.

 

What did just happened back there? Did i just have my confrontation with Yoona?

 

I know that there are times that Yoona and i were fighting but those are just petty fights. No heavy emotions, no anger, no frustrations.  I hate fighting with Yoona but I guess I reached my limit and burst it out on her.

 

I exhaled and hugged Yoongsan. I hate this. I hate everything right now. I know that this would happen when we let our emotions lead us instead of our brains but we need answers. So, is this the answer we’re looking for? Will we ever be same YoonYul again?

TBC.

________

A/N: Please don't kill me for making YoonYul fight. Please comment instead. GOMAWO. chu~ :)