Sick

I think I...

YURI POV:

 

“Yul?!”

 

“Yuri unnie!”

 

“Yuuwwree!”

 

“How about we pour her a bucket of cold water?”

 

“Yah! Yuri! Wake up! We’re going to use the bathroom, sleep somewhere else!”

 

“Sica! Stop kicking Yuri!”

 

“I’m just trying to help!”

 

“Aaiisshh, she’s sweating like a pig! Sunny-yah! Tell manager oppa to call a doctor!”

 

“YURI?! What the hell happened to her?! Why is she here? Take her to the couch, damn it!”

 

“Yoona unnie, calm down.”

 

“Calm down?! How can i calm down?! Yuri is sick! You let her stay here!”

 

“But Yoong, she’s smell like vomit!”

 

“Shut up, Soo. I’m taking her to our room.”

 

“Uugghh, go away, guys! This is so embarrassing.” I mumbled softly.

 

I opened my eyes weakly and saw the girls all cramped in our small bathroom. Suddenly, i felt someone lifted my body. I’m too weak from reacting but i suddenly calmed down when i felt the familiar warmth wrapped around my body.

 

“Yuri unnie? How are you feeling?” Yoona whispered at me as she walked towards our room.

 

“I’m going to die.” I mumbled.

 

“No! Don’t say that! You’ll be fine once the doctor is here. Just rest for a while okay?”She said as she put me down on my bed.

 

When she was about to release me, i felt my stomach churn again. I put all my energy to run towards the kitchen and puke everything that i have left in my body.  I washed my face and slumped down the counter and rest my head by the sink.

 

“Aww, Yuwree. You look awful.” Tiffany’s crescent-shaped eyes turned into a frown.

 

“I know, Tiff. I’m gonna die soon enough.” I said hoarsely. My body is already drained from all the vomit that i did last night which led me sleeping on the bathroom floor with all my puke.

 

Yoona came up to me with a towel and wiped me all over my face. I feel so embarrassed that she have to take care of me while i feel so awful and smells like puke.

 

I held her hands to stop her and said, “Yoong, you don’t have to do that. I can do it by myself.”

 

I closed my eyes and exhaled. “Unnie, is that what you call taking care of yourself? Look at you, you’re too weak.” Yoona said as she continued to wipe my face.

 

The girls looked at me sympathetically. “Yah, stop looking at me like that. I’m fine.” I murmured.

 

“C’mon let’s get you back to bed.” Yoona said softly as she started to lift me up effortlessly. I put my head comfortably at the crook of her neck and sighed. If i’m going to die at this moment, this would be a perfect place.

 

I groaned not at the excruciating pain that i’m feeling but at the loss of the comfort of her neck.

 

‘What do you mean that you don’t care about your stomach? It hurts so badly as if you’re going to die, and you’re still thinking about Yoona’s neck?! Aaaissh, babo,’ My subconscious accused me.

 

I groaned at my brain and my stomach for being a jerk.

 

“Do you feel any pain?” she asked immediately as she saw me rolled on the bed and hugged my legs to ease the pain in my stomach.

 

I nodded at her. “it’s cold, turn down the  Aircon please.” I said weakly.

 

“The AC is not on and you’re sweating too much.” Yoona said. She put her hands on my forehead and gasped.

 

“Oh my God! You’re burning!” she ran to the door and yelled, “Taengoo unnie! Have you called the doctor? Yuri Unnie is burning hot! Sica unnie! Get the thermometer! Fany unnie, get the basin with cold water!”

 

Yoona commanded each girl with their tasks. She came back on my bed and put a comforter around me.

 

“What is happening to you?” she frowned.

 

“I’ll be fine. No need to worry. I’ll just drink some medicine.” I said hoarsely and hugged the comforter close to me.

 

“No! You’re not fine! You’ll never be fine until the doctor is here!”

 

Just then, someone knocked at the door. Yoona ran to answer it and we saw that the girls are there including manager oppa and the doctor.

 

“Thank goodness, doc, you’re here. Come in.” Yoona smiled and walked towards me to sat beside me.

 

“Yuri, you look awful, honey.” Manager oppa said.

 

“i can’t help it, oppa.” I smiled weakly at him.

 

He laughed at me and said, “The ever funny, black pearl.  Anyways, this is Dr. Bang and he’ll do some test for you.”

 

I nodded at the doctor as he started to take out his stethoscope. He ran some test by asking me questions.

 

“So, Yuri, how long you’ve been nauseating?” Dr. Bang asked.

 

“Since last night, doc.” I said while closing my eyes.

 

“Hhmm...Besides nauseating, what did you feel? Any pain?”

 

“My stomach hurts so badly.”

 

“Ok, may i ask what was your last meal before this happened?”

 

I remembered Amber and i went downtown to eat noodles at a shabby restaurant. We never thought much of the place because we’re too hungry and there are no other restaurants that were opened that night.

 

“I ate ramen downtown.” I murmured.

 

Dr. Bang removed his stethoscope and turned towards the girls and manager oppa.

 

“Based from the symptoms, i can confirm that Yuri has food poisoning. This was caused of bacteria called, Bacillus cereus that can be seen in rice and other starchy foods such as pasta and noodles especially if it’s not properly prepared.” the doctor said. The girls gasped and whispered among themselves. Manager oppa and Yoona looked at me sadly.

 

“Is it bad, doc? Is there a need for her to take to the hospital?” manager oppa asked.

 

Dr. Bang smiled at me and said, “Aniyo.  Yuri’s a strong girl so she’s fine to stay here. Her fever will subside if you wipe her with cold water from time to time. Just prevent from giving her solid foods for the mean time because it can cause nauseating. She’s dehydrated but you may just give her lots of fluids for hydration. After that she’s okay, try to give her gradually some solid foods. Keep those in mind and this pretty girl will be okay in no time.”

 

They all nodded at the doctor and thank the doctor for the help. Manager oppa led the doctor towards the exit as the girls came to my bed.

 

“Yuri-yah, get well, soon.” Hyoyeon said.

 

“Yuwrree, you’ll be okay.” Tiffany showed her eye-smile.

 

“Soo, you better stop eating or you’re next!” Sunny warned the Shikshin.

 

“Yah! No bacteria can stop me from eating!” Sooyoung defended herself.

 

We all laughed at Sunny who sticks out her tongue towards the tall girl.

 

Suddenly, manager oppa barged in to the room.

 

“So, i have to cancel Yuri’s entire schedule for the day until she gets better. So anyone wants to play nurse to our dear black pearl?” Manager said gladly.

 

“Eeeww, taking care of Yuri means dealing with her puke. So, no.” Jessica said firmly.

 

“Yeah! we agree with Sica!” Hyoyeon, Sunny and Sooyoung chorused.

 

“I can take care of her.” An angel-liked voice said.

 

They all turned towards Yoona and the girl immediately blushed.

 

“Great! Saves the time and the money to pay a hired nurse. So all of you let’s go to your schedules before we get late.” Manager oppa dragged the girls out of the room and leave me and Yoona alone.

 

We looked at each other for a while and we both smiled down shyly. Suddenly my stomach churned again and good thing Sooyoung left me a basin for my vomit. I slumped back to bed and sighed thinking, the doctor is lying that i’ll be fine. I felt like i’m about to die from this.

 

 I closed my eyes once again when I felt like my stomach is all calm.  Then, i felt Yoona wiping me with a cold towel.

 

“The doctor said that you need this from time to time.” She smiled shyly and continued to wipe me all over.

 

“Thanks, Yoong.” I sighed contentedly.

 

I felt the bed lose its weight, i opened my eyes immediately and saw Yoona at the door.

 

“Where are you going?” I panicked.

 

The doe-eyed beauty smiled at me and said, “just go back to sleep. I’ll just go to a store to buy the things you need. I’ll be here when you wake up.”

 

I nodded at her and closed my eyes again until i dwell into dreamland.

 

 

*

 

“Yuri unnie?”

 

“Yuri unnie, wake up.”

 

I slowly opened my eyes and i swear i died and gone to heaven because of the angel in front of me.

 

“Hwae?” i can feel that my throat is like a sand paper because it’s too rough. Yoona handed me a glass of water and i took it greedily.

 

“How are you feeling?” she asked as she felt my forehead.

 

“A little bit fine. Less vomiting is all that matters.” I smiled weakly.

 

“I just came back from the store. Sorry i took too long because i choose carefully what to get you.” She said as she gets the cold towel and wiped me again.

 

“It’s okay, i didn’t notice because i slept most of the time.” I smiled. “So what did you bought from the store?”

 

She grinned and gets the shopping bag from the foot of the bed then handed it to me. I opened the plastic and saw different items from the store.

 

“Wow! Ice Popsicle! It’s my favourite one too!” i gasped and suddenly i got excited grabbing everything from the bag. I saw bottles of Gatorade, boxes of dvds, cool fever patches and of course, my favourite chicken soup. I suddenly missed my mom, she used to buy these kinds of things when i ‘m sick.

 

“Yoong, how did you know all of these? My mom used to buy these for me.” I asked her and saw that her eyes were dancing from amusement.

 

“Well, I called your mom earlier, i don’t know what to get you and she suggested me to buy these for you.” She smiled shyly.

 

I muster all my strength and hugged her. “Thanks, Yoona.”  She seemed so surprised but she immediately hugged me back.

 

“You’re welcome. I’m glad you liked it.”

 

We let go of each other and fall in an awkward silence again. I looked down and see the dvds she bought.

 

“Wow! Drama and movies! I’ve wanted to buy these!” i grinned.

 

She smiled at me and said, “Yeah, i remembered you keep on whining that you didn’t get to watch your favourites because of our busy schedule.”

 

We both giggled and then Yoona looked at her watch. “Oh my God, it’s almost time to drink your medicine.”

 

She went to the bedside table to get the medicine. She pushed the capsule from her hands and handed it to me.

 

“Do we really have to do this?” i pouted. I really hate medicine like Jessica’s hatred on cucumbers.

 

“Yes, it’s for you to get better.” Yoona reasoned as her hand still in front of me. I hesitantly grabbed the capsule from her and swallowed it with water.

 

“Good girl.” She grinned at me. “Now, eat this chicken soup.” She opened the packed soup and started to feed me.

 

“Yoong, i can do it by myself.” I said shyly.

 

“No, you’re still weak. And besides i’m the nurse, you’re the patient so just do what i told you to.” She said seriously but i can see that she’s fighting her laughter. She offered me a spoonful of soup into my mouth and i let her feed me.

 

*

“OMO! I think I ran out of water all over my body from crying this much!” I said as i wiped my tears.

 

“Ne, Why did you chose this movie, anyway?” Yoona sniffed.

 

“I don’t know. It’s because it’s good?”

 

She giggled and touched my forehead, “there, your temperature is quite okay. So, are you feeling any better?”

 

I nodded at my doe-eyed nurse. “i’m okay. I’m not nauseated anymore.”

 

She smiled at me and sat back on the bed, resting her back on the headboard.

 

“Good. I’m happy that you’re okay again.” She said as she closed her doe eyes. I looked at her intently, taking the opportunity to look at her angelic face as she rested her head on the headboard. I will never get tired of looking at her very beautiful face. Just by looking at her, all my nerves are calming down.

 

“T-thank you for taking care of me, Yoong.” I whispered. She abruptly opened her eyes and smiled at me.

 

Did i just say that loudly?!

 

“You’re welcome, unnie. I’m glad to take care of you.” She confessed.

 

We both smiled at each other shyly and fell into another uncomfortable silence.

 

“Yoong, I’m sorry about last night.” I started. I know this is not a great time to talk about this but this is the perfect chance without any interruptions from the girls.

 

Yoona looked at me; she’s obviously surprised that i brought up the subject from last night.

 

“Aniyo, unnie. I’m sorry it’s my fault too. I shouldn’t worry you for months.” She said, sincerely. I can feel how sorry she was for hurting me. “If there’s something i could do for you to forgive me, i would do anything because i broke my promise. That’s why i understand your anger and there’s nothing i could if you choose to be mad at me. I deserve that.”

 

I grabbed her face and made her looked at me, “Stop that. I’m not mad at you, okay? Sure, i’m hurt at first but i thought about it, so, i got over it quickly. Remember the sticky note you left me? It says, ‘the heart has its reasons that reason knows nothing of.’ I couldn’t understand it but i read it again and again until i understand its meaning.”

 

“What do you think its meaning?” she asked.

 

I shrugged at her as I put down my hands from her face. “Why don’t you tell me?”

 

She smiled sadly at me and reached for my hand. “Can I make you a promise?”

 

I looked at her beautiful face, totally confused with her question. After contemplating, I nodded back at her.

 

“I will tell you in the right time, at the right place, the reason why I left. Not right now that you’re sick.”  She said. “Please trust me, Yuri unnie. We will talk again about this once you’re okay.”

 

I tried to ask her but i stopped myself. I have to trust Yoona with this. I nodded at her.

 

“Ok, I will hold on to that promise.” I said to her.

TBC.

_________________________________________________

A/N: PLEASE COMMENT :) I HOPE YOU ARE ALL STILL ANTICIPATING FOR ALL OF MY FICS. SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATES :)