Finally

I think I...

 

 

YURI POV:

 

Few days after that interview, I went back to my daily routine. My mind is still filled with the conversation that I have with Maggie unnie. She seems to be an interesting person because we continued on talking even though the interview is already finished.  We even carry on with our conversation to the cafe near the studio. I felt like we’ve been friends for a long time because Maggie unnie has a lot of stories to share.

 

Flashback:

 

“Yuri, I’m glad that you agree to be our first cover girl.’ She smiled as she stirred her coffee.

 

I put down my tea cup and smiled back at her. ‘I’m also glad that I did this. I hope I did well, unnie.’

 

‘You did excellent.’ She beamed. We stayed quiet for a while, enjoying a comfortable silence.

 

‘You know, you remind me of so much of myself.’ She confessed. I was surprised when she said that. A gorgeous woman like her to person like me?

 

‘Me? Why me?’

 

‘I was like you way back college. When we were doing the interview, it’s like that you’re holding back. You’re thinking too much before answering. It’s like you want to satisfy people by answering questions they want to hear.’ She explained.

 

‘Is it wrong? I’m sorry if you think that way, unnie.’ I said, embarrassed.

 

‘Don’t be. You did great. It’s just that i noticed that you tend to think a lot before answering questions, especially when it’s too personal. Don’t get me wrong, I’m also like that. I just hope that you’ll be more honest with yourself, because I can see that you’re lying in here.’ She said as she pointed her heart. I looked down because I know she’s right. I answered vaguely in some of the questions because I’m still unsure of myself.

 

‘You know, when I was your age, I’m unsure of myself, too. I’m always holding back. But one morning, I woke up thinking, I hate holding back. So I ran towards the door in my pyjamas and went to a place that’ll make me happy. When that person opened the door, I didn’t hesitate to kiss her’ she disclosed.

 

I was shocked when she said ‘her’. This beautiful woman in front of me is...She’s a...? Maggie saw the obvious surprise on my face and she giggled.

 

‘Yes, Yuri. ‘She’.’ She smiled.

 

‘Well, how did she react when you kissed her?’ I asked curiously.

 

‘She told me that i took a very long time to knock on her door to kiss her.’ We laughed along at her story.

 

‘So is it hard for the both of you?’ I asked.

 

‘Yeah, i’m not gonna lie about that. But I can proudly say that it’s worth it. A decade fighting for what we have is worth it, as cheesy as this might sound but I couldn’t wait for forever with her.’

 

‘Wow. It’s wonderful, unnie.’ I whispered. I was so amazed how far they have gone.

 

‘So, how about you? Who’s the lucky girl?’ she asked as I almost choke drinking my tea. How...?

 

She grinned at me. ’Yuri, I know one when I see one.’ She winked.

 

I stared at her blankly, really astound from what she said. ‘Yul?’ she asked encouraging me.

 

‘I...uuhh..she’s...uhhmm her name is...’

 

“My jinjoo!”

 

Taecyeon oppa’s voice brought me back to the real world. I glared at him for ruining my daydream.

 

“What is happening to you? Jay already left.” Taecyeon oppa, said.

 

“It’s none of your business!” I roared but I only got a laugh from that jerk.

 

“My jinjoo, you must be really hungry. Why don’t we eat first? We haven’t eaten our dinner yet.” Taecyeon oppa grinned.

 

“What makes you think that I’m going to eat with you? I can grab something to eat for ­MYSELF.” I said firmly.

 

“Woah there. Maybe you forgot our deal. You lost earlier from our push up marathon. Our deal is that, if you lose, you’re going out with me after gym.” Taecyeon oppa smiled triumphantly as he wiggled his eyebrows.

 

Ugghh. I totally forgot that. I don’t know why I made that deal. ‘Well, it’s maybe because you’re too pre-occupied thinking about your conversation with Maggie unnie.’ My subconscious accused.

 

I sighed at him and said, “Fine. Let’s get this over with. I’m tired.” I left him. He hurriedly followed me and held my hand to lead me to the opposite way.

 

“Now, I’m going to take you to a wonderful place.” He grins as he kept holding my hand as we walk the street. I tried to yank my hands off him but his grip is so tight, I just gave up and let him lead the way.

 

We walk a couple of blocks to some unknown place.  A few meters away from us is a small trailer that was made into a small restaurant.

 

How did Taecyeon oppa knew this place?

 

“I discovered this place accidentally. I was walking down the streets after some rough day from rehearsal. I got hungry and then, I got a sweet taste of heaven.” Taecyeon smiled as if he heard what I’m thinking.

 

We finally reached the make shift restaurant in a trailer and I saw a huge man, frying some beef. The savory smell assaults my senses, as if on cue, my stomach growled.

 

“C’mon, My jinjoo, I know you’re hungry.” Taecyeon grins. He turned towards the huge man and greeted him.

 

“Yo, Eun hyung!” Taecyeon oppa yelled. The man looked up from the grill and when he saw Taecyeon oppa, he smiled at us.

 

“Hey there, Big name! Long time no see!” The man named, Eun said. He looked at me and smiled appraisingly and said, “So, is this the one I saw in photos? The member of that girl group?”

 

Taecyeon oppa looked at me and laughed. Yeah, Yoona and I looked like a lot and people got confused at us. “Oh, Im Yoona? No, this is her twin. I would like you to meet Kwon Yuri, SNSD’s black pearl.” Taecyeon oppa said, imitating the way I introduce myself.

 

“Yah! Stop mimicking me!” I yelled at him.

 

Eun oppa laughed at us and asked, “So, what can i get you, two?”

 

“The usual Eun Hyung. Do you have any drinks there?”  Taecyeon oppa asked.

 

“I only got beer.”

 

“Alright, perfect!”

 

I watched how Eun oppa makes Taecyeon oppa’s “usual” order. I’m fascinated with the way he multitasks expertly. I didn’t even notice Taecyeon oppa went inside the trailer to grab two beers.

 

“So,Ms. Beautiful, what’s going on with the two of you?” He whispered at me while nodding towards the oblivious Taecyeon oppa. I was surprised at his question and it left me a stuttering mess.

 

“No! We’re not...He’s...” I panicked.

 

Eun oppa laughed at me and said, “Yeah, I know that he has a fake girlfriend. He came up to me to tell it himself. So, when I saw him with you, I thought you’re that girl but I was wrong, so I immediately knew that this one is real.”

 

What?! Taecyeon oppa and I are not real! No, it can’t be! Before I could answer Eun oppa, Taecyeon joined us.

 

“Yah Eun hyung! Stop harassing My jinjoo!” Taecyeon oppa said, jokingly.

 

“Me? Harassing this beautiful girl? Nah. I’m just jealous that you got a girl like this one. She seems a wonderful person.”  Eun oppa grins as he winked at me.

 

“She is” Taecyeon oppa proudly said.

 

Uh-what?

 

I treated Taecyeon oppa rudely most of the time and for him I’m a wonderful person? What is going on with him?

 

I was surprised when Taecyeon oppa dragged me away from Eun oppa. I didn’t even notice that he already got his order from Eun oppa. I just bowed to Eun oppa and waved goodbye at him. 

 

“Oppa, we’re not going to eat at Eun oppa’s reastaurant?” I asked as he still dragged me towards an unknown place.

 

“It’s just a stop. I’ll show you a perfect place to eat this!” Taecyeon said while showing me a paper bag filled with food.

 

I kept quiet and followed Taecyeon oppa. I noticed that we’re walking towards the woods. Oh my! What are we going to do here? Good thing there is a trail we could follow so, it’s easy for us to walk. We finally reached the end of the trail and i was amazed from what i’m seeing. We are at the top of a hill, overlooking Seoul’s city sky line. It’s very wonderful scenery, looking how small everything is from our view.

 

“Wonderful, isn’t it?” i jolted from what Taecyeon oppa said.

 

I just smiled back at him and replied, “Yeah. It’s amazing.”

 

We kept quiet for a while Taecyeon oppa fixed our food. He took out a foil and handed it to me.

 

“It’s a burrito.” Taecyeon grins. I took the foil cautiously and opened it. I was assaulted by the wonderful smell of beef and other ingredients. My stomach growled violently so I gingerly bite into the burrito but as soon as i chew a few bites, I kept on eating it greedily. Damn, I never thought I’m this hungry.

 

Taecyeon oppa laughed at me as he opened a bottle of beer and handed it to me. I took it and sip my beer. We kept quiet for a while as we ate our food. I looked around to admire the view.

 

“Oh wait a minute, I forgot to give you this.” Taecyeon oppa took out a gift from his duffel bag and handed it to me.

 

“Sorry for the delay. I was supposed to give this along with the key chains of the girls but I was having a hard time to find you a perfect gift. Go on open it.” He insisted.

 

I glared at him, hoping that this is not one of his pranks. I removed the pink ribbon along with the silver warp and open the box. I gasped when I saw his gift. It’s a silver bracelet adorned with seven angels and a deer.

 

“I do not understand why there’s a deer in there but maybe you could find the logic behind it. You like weird stuffs so I bought it.” He said, cautiously.

 

I grazed at the deer, thinking how it stood up among the angels hanging on the bracelet and then I smiled. I suddenly remembered one doe eyed beauty.

 

“This is perfect. Thank you.” I whispered.  We kept quiet for a while I played the deer on the bracelet. I thought of asking something just to change the topic.

 

“Oppa, how did you know these kinds of places? Eun oppa’s restaurant and this.” I waved my hand gesturing the place.

 

He put down the beer that he’s drinking and smiled, shyly. “Accidentally. I just needed a place to breathe, to think, so i walked and walked until I discover this.”

 

“Have you brought Yoona here?” i blurted out. I bet she’ll love this kind of place so I’m not going to be surprised if he brought her here.

 

He looked at me for a while, as if he’s thinking a right answer. “No, you’re the first person I ever brought here. You are also the first girl Eun hyung seen with me.” He whispered.

 

I was shocked to hear his revelation. What? Why me?

 

“What? Why me?” I asked him

 

He shrugged, “It seems like you fit here. I want you to be here...with me.” He said seriously.

 

I have never seen Taecyeon oppa this serious because we spend most of our gym sessions, bickering. I sipped my beer trying to absorb everything right now. Despite our fights, I can see what Yoona told me. He’s a gentleman. He’s every girl’s dream. If only I could like him like them, I’ll be so lucky for sure but that’s not the case. Our situation is more complicated because of Yoona. I think she admires Taecyeon oppa, she’ll hurt if she knew about this. I’m going to hurt so much if she’ll hurt.

 

“My jinjoo, is there something wrong? Is it because of what i said?” Taecyeon said, hesitantly.

 

I looked back at him. “Oppa, why me? There are other girls out there. Yoona, there is Yoona.” I whispered.

 

“Yoona is a very wonderful girl but she’s not the right kind for me. When i first found out that a SNSD member would be my fake girlfriend for a publicity stunt, I immediately expect that it’s going to be you. I’ve liked you for a while now, after seeing you on a show with Sunny. But when I was informed that it’s Yoona, i thought, ‘It’s okay. At least I’m with her best friend’. I know it’s a wrong thing to do, to use Yoona but I’m so desperate to be with you. They kept on pushing me towards Yoona but i want to be with you.” He explained.

 

I was stunned to hear those things. Yoona, all I could think about is her. Thinking that the girl she likes used her. I’m mad at myself for doing this to her.

 

“Stop.” I said, firmly. I don’t want to hear this anymore. I feel like I’m hurting Yoona right now.

 

“What?” he said astoundingly.

 

“Stop this. I can’t be with you.”

 

“Why? Is it because of my fake relationship with Yoona? It’s just for a show! We were just good friends acting to be in love to please people. I want you, Yuri. I want you.” He pleads.

 

“No, you don’t understand. It’s wrong. It’s complicated.”

 

“Tell me so i can understand!”

 

“You know what, let’s pretend this didn’t happen.”  I said as I stood up and ran away from him. I did not turn to look back at him.

 

I cannot be with him. Never.

 

I stopped by the nearby bench and exhaled. Why does it have to be like this? A few days ago, I admitted to myself that I finally accepted the truth. I can’t lie anymore because it’s always been here.

 

Yoona. She’s all I think about. What will she say if she found out that Taecyeon oppa liked me? I winced at that thought. What would she do if i admitted to her that i’m in love with her?

 

Yes, I can finally admit to myself that I’m in love with Im Yoona, my best friend, my twin.

 

TBC

_________________________________________________________________________________

Please comment :)