His Change

Destined Choices [COMPLETED]
Destined Choices
CHAPTER 9

So Eun slept till noon again, since she had switched off her handphone, and her special alarm could not have rang off to wake her up. She heaved a sigh of relief when she noticed that Kim Bum was no longer present. He had left a note to inform her that he had gone to work first. So Eun sat in the bed and thought about the previous night. Kim Bum and she had shared a more intimate ual affair, So Eun suddenly felt burdened.

On one hand, she loved Ki Bum deeply and was guilty, but on the other hand, Kim Bum was her rightful husband and she felt guilty towards Kim Bum for committing adultery. Her firm decision to stay with Ki Bum behind Kim Bum’s back was wavering. Then, she went to switch on her phone.

Ki Bum had been sending many messages to her. So Eun sighed and replied to him that she was alright and that she merely had to be a model for Kim Bum.

Ki Bum replied almost instantaneously. “It’s alright then, So Eun. Love you and take care.”

So Eun fixed her eyes at the ceiling and smiled blissfully. She had decided to stick with Ki Bum. Love and responsibility were two matters and So Eun wanted to fulfill both. She would continue loving Ki Bum and do her best as Kim Bum’s wife, acting along with Kim Bum and to help the merged company.

She then prepared herself to leave to visit Hye Sun. She was not going back to school until Hye Sun was discharged.

-

Ki Bum smiled in relief when So Eun replied him. He had been waiting throughout the night till noon for her reply. He guessed she must have switched off her handphone to prevent the alarm from ringing off and hence she had woken up so late and replied him only after noon. Ki Bum did not mind the late reply. He understood So Eun and loved her too deeply; hence, he would not act like a petty boyfriend who would become worked up over such a trivial matter like a late message reply.

Afterall, it must have been hard on So Eun too. Ki Bum yawned as he was tired from not sleeping. He was just about to close his eyes when someone hit him hard on his shoulders.

“Ga Eul! What was that about?” Ki Bum groaned.

Ga Eul handed him the newspaper.

Ki Bum’s eyes widened and his smile faltered. He felt more tired as if he was a flower withering.

The headlines for the newspaper were about Kim Bum and So Eun’s intimate relationship as husband and wife and how they publicly behaved affectionately. Photographs of them feeding each other and kissing passionately were splashed over the newspaper.

“Be ready for a fierce round of questioning by your classmates later. This is going to be frenzy!” Ga Eul warned Ki Bum casually. She understood Ki Bum’s pain but both of them should understand So Eun’s flight too. She was officially and rightfully Kim Bum’s wife. Ever since Ki Bum’s identity as Kim Bum’s younger bother was exposed, many people flocked to become friends with Ki Bum. Ki Bum had felt annoyed and suffocated.

Ki Bum sighed, “I guess she has to do this. Thanks for the reminder by the way. I guess I will do my usual trick then.”

Ga Eul eyed Ki Bum as he placed his head on his desk. He was going to feign deafness and blindness to his surroundings in class by pretending to fall asleep. Teachers would not dare to scold him nowadays since he was Kim Bum’s younger brother too. Ga Eul knew Ki Bum hated such biased treatment shown towards him. All he wanted was to be ordinary; but sometimes, the biased treatment could be advantageous too, since Ki Bum could make use of that to escape from the gossip.

“Poor Ki Bum,” Ga Eul commented.

-

Hyun Joong was in Hye Sun’s room, staring at the sand falling in the hour-glass he had given to Hye Sun. Hye Sun had kept in her drawer in the hospital room.

“You’re even harder to forget, Hye Sun. No doubt, she was my first love and she hurt me deeply. However, you are the one whom I really love. I think I love you more than her. But yet, you will never belong to me.” Hyun Joong was teary eyed. His first love was a model who left to further develop her career, leaving Hyun Joong alone. Hyun Joong had entrapped himself due to her absence. He had never forgotten his first love until he met Hye Sun and he regained the new courage and strength to fall in love again. However, in the end, he could only sigh in resignation as he seemed to not just have the fate with love.

He had gone on a trip overseas after Hye Sun and Min Ho were officially together. It was during that trip, a kind female fortune teller had given him a set of the hour glass and the respective minute glasses, teaching him how to forget. He had bought an additional one, since he had to forget two loves. He had gotten over his first love, but never over Hye Sun.

“Hye Sun …” Hyun Joong called out gloomily again.

“Hyun Joong, are you thinking of her again?” Hye Sun woke up and questioned Hyun Joong after noticing the pained expression and devastation in Hyun Joong’s eyes. Furthermore, he was staring at the falling sand in the hour glass. She thought he had remembered his first love again and was hurting.

Hyun just put up a smile placidly. His feelings for Hye Sun were kept to himself and So Eun; Hye Sun would and could never know that the person he was trying to forget was Hye Sun herself.

“No, I am just thinking and counting how long you have been asleep.” Hyun Joong joked in his gentle and calming voice. Hye Sun smiled. “Which glass are you using now?” Hyun Joong questioned.

Hye Sun’s eyes fell, “Still the same hour-glass. Sorry if I am really disappointing, but I just can’t forget him so easily…” Hye Sun looked as if she was ready to burst into tears anytime.

“You are not disappointing. I know forgetting an important someone takes time and it will take a really long time when you really love that someone.” Hyun Joong consoled.

“Hyun Joong, sometimes I wonder why I did not fall in love with you. You have been so caring and kind, though I know you have several flings but most of the times, you don’t behave like Min Ho, Kim Bum or Kim Joon. You don’t really play with girls like they are toys, changing girlfriends that often. In addition, I have known you earlier than I have known Min Ho. The way you treat me and the way he treats me …” Hye Sun laughed bitterly, mocking at herself, tears already rolling down her flushed cheeks.

“Hye Sun,” Hyun Joong smiled encouragingly.

“Life does not always go as planned. Love, all the more, is unpredictable. Be strong, girl. No matter what, I am here for you. I believe Min Ho loves you but he is a spoilt young rich man who is deeply afraid of being a laughing stock and embarrassed. He is prideful too, by having many flings, it seemed to show his charm, but at the same time, he has been hurting you deeply. I guess he has not noticed that point yet since you always forgive him so readily. He has been taking advantage. This time, your decision to leave him does not mean that you two can never be together again. In fact, I think you may have brought him back to his senses and let him think clearly whether you or his occasional flings are more important.”

Hye Sun cried even harder at Hyun Joong’s words. He had always been so comforting to her and sometimes she would really hoped to be in love with Hyun Joong instead of Min Ho. Hyun Joong hugged Hye Sun tightly.

“This is enough, Hye Sun. I am really just contented to be able to watch over you and take care of you and be there when you need me. I love you, Hye Sun.” Hyun Joong declared silently in his heart and tilted his head upwards slightly to prevent the tears in his eyes from falling out.

-

“Lee Min Ho?” So Eun was slightly taken aback when she noticed the tall figure loitering outside Hye Sun’s room. “Timid man,” So Eun commented and advanced towards him.

However, she was one step later as Min Ho had plucked up his courage and he opened the door to Hye Sun’s room. So Eun hurriedly followed behind as she did not want to miss any part of the excitement that Hyun Joong and she had planned. The fact that Lee Min Ho had returned to visit Hye Sun so soon confirmed So Eun and Hyun Joong’s beliefs that Min Ho still loves Hye Sun.

-

“Hyun Joong, I suggest you take your hands off my woman right now.” Min Ho hissed dangerously, his eyes were staring straight at the sobbing Hye Sun in Hyun Joong’s arms.

Hyun Joong and Hye Sun looked up and Hyun Joong purposely hugged Hye Sun more tightly though Hye Sun wanted to withdraw from the hug.

“Hyun Joong, this is the second time I am repeating my request. Don’t make me repeat the third time. Get your hands off my woman.” Min Ho’s voice had risen.

Hyun Joong refused to budge and So Eun admired Hyun Joong’s determination to protect Hye Sun. So Eun could infer clearly that Hyun Joong was trying to test Min Ho’s love for Hye Sun, despite the risk of being hit by Min Ho.

“Hyun Joong, you are going to regret this. This is my last warning. Get your hands off my woman!” Min Ho advanced towards Hyun Joong who was still holding Hye Sun tightly.

“Hyun Joong, I think you better let go. He looks ready to hit you.” Hye Sun whispered.

Hyun Joong smiled graciously at Hye Sun, “I won’t let go of you. Don’t worry about me.”

Hyun Joong’s lines led to Min Ho have incensed anger. Hyun Joong knew his friend well - He knew Min Ho could not tolerate Hye Sun being too intimate with other males, especially him.

Min Ho raised his hand up, ready to hit Hyun Joong, who was staring right back at him. Hye Sun closed her eyes and hugged Hyun Joong more tightly. So Eun grabbed Min Ho’s outstretched arm from behind.

“Lee Min Ho, let me clarify something to you. Firstly, violence is not the way to solve problems. Only towards stinking people who are so narcissist, egoistic, spoilt and self-centered, like you, violence is needed to awake you up and bring you to your senses. Secondly, you have no right to hit Hyun Joong Oppa. He has been the one taking care of Hye Sun and giving her the love, care, concern, security, protectiveness and understanding to Hye Sun, all those emotional support that you have failed to give Hye Sun. Lastly and most importantly, Hye Sun is not your woman anymore. You are just his ex-boyfriend.” So Eun ranted with much confidence.

Hyun Joong was once again amused by the petite lady’s courage and flow of thoughts. “She will be one of the finest debaters.” Hyun Joong chuckled lightly in his heart. Hye Sun was touched and relieved that So Eun had come to their rescue again. “Thank you, So Eun.” Hye Sun was grateful.

Lee Min Ho was infuriated by So Eun’s words. He wanted to retort her but realised he could not. All that So Eun had stated was loud, clear and honest.

“Alright, people, just give Min Ho a chance, please. He really loves Hye Sun.” a new voice rang out and it was Kim Joon who stepped in. He went to park his car before running to meet Min Ho and Hye Sun.

“Really? How can he prove it?” So Eun questioned playfully, her eyes staring at Min Ho. So Eun was provoking Min Ho, daring Min Ho to do something.

All eyes turned to Min Ho. Hye Sun was curious whether Min Ho was willing to change himself for her. She was being hopeful again.

Min Ho took a deep breath. He would do this for Hye Sun, he had realised how much he loved Hye Sun and how much he did not want to lose her.

-

whoosh. ENJOY! =D

cheers!
th1rd3ye