Their Deal

Destined Choices [COMPLETED]
Destined Choices
CHAPTER 18

It had been a long time since So Eun had properly attended an official function. She inhaled deeply to calm herself down. All of a sudden, she had to play her role as the respectable Mrs Kim well, in front of so many other rich and respectable people who were from the really upper-classes of the society.

This was the function that the Chungs’ company had organized. Inside the grand hall, guests were sipping their glasses of red wine or dancing to the slow music around them. Most of them were engrossed in their little conversations and trying to negotiate for business deals. Such functions were typical in the business world. However, this was the first time ever that the Chungs had invited their great rivals, the Kims’ Company to attend the function.

Kim Bum tightened his grip around So Eun’s hands and smiled. “We can do this together.”

So Eun smiled back. She was wearing the red dress and needless to say, she was more than gorgeous. Eyes of men were glued to her and they could not help but sigh in admiration. They envied Kim Bum so much. Females present at the function were stunned at So Eun’s beauty too, but they were more nervous at seeing Kim Bum’s charming smile and him in a smart Western attire. His build was portrayed clearly and many women would love to fling themselves at him.

Kim Bum and So Eun were really a perfect match to all.

However, someone was watching them with knowing eyes.

“You have good taste, sister. You understand me.” A man spoke in his deep, smooth and rich voice which had often led to females’ hearts thumping harder.

“Lovely, isn’t she? You can have her. I want him to be mine. That’s all.” The sister of the man replied.

“May we have a pleasant and successful cooperation!” The man knocked his wine glass against his sister’s gently and finished the red wine in it in one gulp. This was going to be interesting.

“Hey! Kim Bum and So Eun!” Kim Joon and Hyun Joong went over to join their good friends.

The couple smiled to greet their good friends.

“You two look really good, one pretty and the other is so handsome!” Joon hit his mate playfully on the shoulder. Kim Bum laughed it off and remarked, “You are not too bad too!”

“Thanks for inviting us here to the function, Bum.” Hyun Joong took another sip from his glass. It had been a long time since he had attended such a formal function too. He was leaving Korea soon to embark on a holiday, with plans to move on further to reduce his frequent thoughts about Hye Sun.

“Welcome, you deserve to enjoy such food and drinks. Furthermore, this is the first time Kims’ Company is invited. I wanted to share the joy with all of you. It is just a pity for the married couple!” Bum sighed as he thought of Min Ho and Hye Sun.

“They are enjoying themselves. Look!” Hyun Joong took out a postcard with another photograph attached. Hye Sun and Min Ho were grinning like fools in the photograph. Min Ho was clutching Hye Sun’s shoulders and they were on the peak of a mountain in winter clothings. On the postcard were a simple few lines about their fabulous honeymoon and asking all the others to take care.

“Hey! Unfair! Why didn’t I receive this?” Joon complained like a little child.

Hyun Joong just shrugged his shoulders and commented, “Well, I am more likeable and responsible.”

With that, the four people continued chatting happily until someone spoke.

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the Chungs’ Company’s function. I hope you will have a great time out there. We are having this function as we will be setting up one of our branches in Korea, and thus, we will love to associate ourselves with you. I am Nathan Chung and I hope you will benefit from this function and enjoy yourself to the fullest!” A man spoke elegantly with a rich and smooth voice. He was standing tall on stage, with broad shoulders and sparkling black eyes. With chestnut brown hair and tanned skin, he appeared to be a suave gentleman, speaking and acting with confidence and gracefulness. He was another sought-after bachelor as well.

Kim Bum fixed his gaze at the man who winked after his speech. In his stomach, he felt something burning and churning. A creepy sensation was within him. He felt weird. He turned to look at So Eun who still had her arm linked with his.

“How do you find him?” Kim Bum asked randomly. He felt that he needed to ask So Eun that question.

“Rather charming… I think your position will be threatened slightly.” So Eun giggled at Kim Bum’s question. He was so serious and intent.

Kim Bum smirked casually and gave So Eun a peck on her cheek.

“What was that for?” So Eun asked.

“No specific reason, I just felt like doing it. I have to go socialize for a while. Take care of yourself. I will be back for you later.” Kim Bum nagged and went off.

So Eun eyed Kim Bum’s distancing figure and went to take some food since she did not feel like dancing or chatting with others. She was still relatively tired after all the happenings.

“Mrs Kim, can I sit here?” So Eun turned to see the very man who was now the head of Chungs’ Company, Nathan Chung.

“Sure.” Nathan sat beside So Eun. So Eun had specially chosen a seat in a corner which seemed to be unnoticeable by the many who were indulging in such a lavish function.

“What do you thin of the function and everything so far?” Nathan asked casually, with his significant warm smile, which melted the hearts of many females.

“Nice.” So Eun replied simply with a graceful smile.

“Is there any other better synonyms or vivid phrases to describe your definition of nice?” Nathan continued in a playful manner.

So Eun tilted her head upwards and pondered hard. She did not want to lead Nathan into thinking that she was despising his function or anything. Afterall, So Eun understood the power of the Chungs and would not want to say something that would lead Nathan to dislike the Kims’ Company or herself.

“I am just joking. You don’t need to think so hard, though you do look very adorable when you are pondering hard.” Nathan chuckled. So Eun heaved a sigh of relief, blushing.

“Mrs Kim, may I know if you will be interested to help me out in a project? You can help us model and we may clinch some other deals with your company too.” Nathan directly brought up his main topic, or rather, a decoy.

“Me? I may need to consult my husband.” So Eun answered with caution.

“I understand. However, I would love to speak to you in private first before you consult your husband. I want you to be really interested and understand our project first, before you agree to it or consult your husband about it. This project is about establishing the latest trends in fashion with several new designs…” Nathan’s voice trailed off. He moved his hand nearer to So Eun’s.

“I hope you can consider this. How about meeting me tomorrow for lunch? I will pick you up outside your school. We can discuss a little and you can return home to discuss with your husband at night. Is that fine with you?” Nathan continued his moves verbally. His eyes twinkled with excitement.

“Well…sure.” So Eun was a little hesitant but she was afraid her refusal would cause the Kims’ Company harm. “It is just modeling and I may be able to clinch more deals for Kims’ Company. I am not hiding any secret from Kim Bum too. I will just know the details in the afternoon and discuss it later with him at night. There is no harm.” So Eun convinced herself.

Nathan then gently gained hold of So Eun’s hands and planted a kiss on them. “Thank you very much! I think I should get going now. See you tomorrow then!”

Nathan calmly walked off, with a brilliant smile on his handsome face. So Eun was a little dazed by his smile and actions. However, she dismissed his acts as the Westernized ways of greetings.

So Eun then continued to observe the people in the function and began to plan what to buy for Joon and Hyun Joong. The both of them were leaving Korea. She would really miss them...

Meanwhile, after negotiating for some meetings with business associates, Kim Bum bumped into a person he never expected to see.

“Linda!” Bum called out.

“Hey, dearest! Are you enjoying yourself? Where is your wife?” Linda purposely shifted nearer to Kim Bum, greeting him intimately.

“What are you doing here?” Bum inquired, not responding to any of her questions.

“My brother’s company organized this function. Why shouldn’t I be here then?” Linda chortled.

“Your brother? Nathan Chung?” Bum muttered as he pieced up the pieces in his mind. “Linda Chung… Right, you are his younger sister.”

“Smart man, this is another reason why I love you so much!” Linda complimented and gave Kim Bum a peck on his cheek.

“Linda, please.” Bum moved further away from Linda. He recalled his promise to So Eun that he would change.

“Alright, Mr Kim Bum, I won’t eat you up right here. It would be embarrassing and disgraceful to both of us and our companies. We should work together instead…” Linda gave a lustful smile.

“What do you suggest then?” Bum’s eyes lit up at Linda’s statement of “working together”. That would serve the Kims’ Company great benefits.

“If the Kims succeeded more, when the company fails, they will feel the most devastating pain.” Kim Bum had not forgotten his plans to revenge on his parents.

“Meet me tomorrow in the afternoon and we will talk about it slowly. I will message you the venue. I shall take my leave now. Bye, love.” Linda strolled away. A sinister smile was left on her face and a flicker of amusement danced in her eyes for a moment.

Kim Bum nodded his head determinedly and went to find So Eun. So Eun on the other hand was also waiting for Kim Bum. Suddenly, a surge of nausea hit her and she felt like vomiting. However, as she patted her own chest gently, the feeling was gone. As she looked up, she saw her husband walking towards her. Unconsciously, a smile crept up to her face.

The function would end eventually.

An interesting deal had just begun, though.

-

ENJOY! =]

th1rd3ye