Their Situation

Destined Choices [COMPLETED]
Destined Choices
CHAPTER 7

-

So Eun did not return to school immediately when they arrived in Korea. She was ordered to take rest for a few more days, by her in-laws. Despite her desperation to meet Ki Bum again, So Eun continued to accompany Hye Sun. Hye Sun needed her.

So Eun watched Hye Sun stare at the dropping sand in the largest hour glass.

Hye Sun had never stopped crying; So Eun’s heart was aching at the sight of Hye Sun. Hye Sun had really given her everything in loving Min Ho. She tolerated him, she was the one who always gave in, she loved him deeply, but she received nothing in return. She only received the honey-coated words and big lies that hurt her again and again. So Eun understood that Hye Sun was exhausted. The love Hye Sun and Min Ho shared had been taking its toll on Hye Sun while that Lee Min Ho was still enjoying his flings, taking Hye Sun for granted. So Eun was furious at that self-centered egoist, Lee Min Ho.

Then, So Eun sighed. Her situation was no better than Hye Sun, in actual fact. She was pathetic, married to the brother of the man she loved, having to commit adultery behind her husband, putting her and all her loved ones at risk. Reputations were at stake.

“Hye Sun, I cooked some porridge.” Hyun Joong walked in with a bowl. “Be careful, it’s hot. I know you have no appetite but just finish this small bowl to entertain me, alright?” Hyun Joon cajoled. Hye Sun used her hands to wipe off her tears and nodded her head.

So Eun excused herself, wanting to give Hyun Joong and Hye Sun some space to talk. However, Hyun Joong stepped out of the room soon after, claiming that Hye Sun required some time alone.

“You love Hye Sun, don’t you?” So Eun blurted. She could see Hyun Joong’s feelings for Hye Sun.

Hyun Joong kept silent, and replied, “If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it is yours forever. If it doesn’t, then it was never meant to be.”

So Eun thought about Hyun Joong’s words and understood that Hyun Joong knew that Hye Sun would never love him back the way he loved her. Hye Sun’s heart belonged to Min Ho, only.

“Falling in love is awfully simple, but falling out of love is simply awful. So true, isn’t it?’ So Eun asked, her head tilted towards the silent Hyun Joong.

Hyun Joong gave a bitter smile, “True, and the hardest thing to do, is to watch the one you love, love someone else.”

So Eun nodded her head. Hyun Joong had been suffering silently all these times.

“Don’t worry, buddy! We will help Hye Sun get back on her feet and I swear I will make that Lee Min Ho sorry for all that he had done.” So Eun patted Hyun Joong.

“Count me in!” Hyun Joong chuckled a little. So Eun was an adorable and righteous lady and Hyun Joong felt relieved for Kim Bum for having such a great wife.

Suddenly, the delightful atmosphere just established between Hyun Joong and So Eun was disrupted with the noise of breaking pieces inside Hye Sun’s room.

“Hye Sun!” Hyun Joong and So Eun rushed in to find Hye Sun unconscious on the floor, the bowl of porridge spilled on the floor and the bowl broken into pieces.

Hye Sun was sent to hospital.

However, Min Ho was still having fun in Italy. It was not that he did not miss Hye Sun, in fact, he was feeling a little anxious as Hye Sun had not even called him once in a few days. Whenever they argued, Hye Sun would call just after a day or two and they would patch up. This time, things were really different. Min Ho was slightly worried that Hye Sun would really leave him but being the spoilt rich man, Min Ho refused to give in to Hye Sun first. He did not want to admit his mistakes and apologise to Hye Sun; it would hurt his pride and great ego if he easily succumbed to a break-up threat from a woman.

Kim Bum was actively involved in helping out with the business affairs as the two well-known companies were merging. Kim Bum wanted to ensure that he still had a big role to play. His plan was working up till now, his parents could literally die without him. They were dependent on him to help bring in money for the company and they needed him to order people to do their daily chores. In addition, Kim Bum’s father’s health was failing him. Kim Bum’s mother’s eyesight was deteriorating too.

Kim Bum smirked at the weakness of his parents. He knew he had the attention now; he was the man player and the one setting the rules of the game. He felt that he was in total control. His thoughts wandered, and soon, So Eun’s image popped into his mind. Kim Bum chortled to himself.

So Eun was surely attractive and unique. He was attracted to her, but he did not love her. So Eun was also a good partner in helping him succeed in his plan. She was just what he needed, a woman with acting skills and reputation. In fact, it was a bonus to have her being an attractive lady. Kim Bum, it was as if So Eun was a gift to him for aiding him in fulfilling his plan. He wanted his parents and their beloved company to be reliant solely on him. He wanted to make his parents regret. He wanted to make them realise that their company should never be more important than him.

Then he thought of the seductive Linda. She had been always there for him whenever he needed a fling with some lady.

Kim Bum found it alluring – Linda’s presence. She seemed to be ubiquitous. Though Kim Bum found it weird at times, he enjoyed the company of Linda.

As if telepathic, Kim Bum received a call from Linda. They would meet tonight again.

“Hey, pretty lady; help me with one favour, will you?” Kim Bum smiled flirtatiously to his secretary, who just stepped in, into his office. He began to flirt with his secretary and asked her to cancel any appointments for tonight. The secretary gladly agreed and began to flirt with Kim Bum too.

Afterall, to the ladies in the company, to flirt with Kim Bum was a blessing. To be able to sleep with Kim Bum or even touch or kiss him was an honour, despite the fact that Kim Bum was a married man. Kim Bum just had all the attention that he needed and craved for.

Kim Bum did not realise the vibration of his phone call then. It was from So Eun, who wanted to inform him about Hye Sun’s hospitalization.

Kim Bum eventually visited Hye Sun in the evening but did not stay for long as So Eun decided to accompany Hye Sun throughout the night in the hospital. Kim Bum went on his date with Linda, leaving So Eun there.

Ki Bum received a message about Hye Sun’s hospitalization from So Eun too. He rushed there immediately after school, with Ga Eul. However, both of them did not stay for long as they had to complete a project due the next day. Ki Bum hugged So Eun tightly to support her and implanted some warmth and strength and love into her.

“Remember that I am always here for you, So Eun. I love you. Be strong,” were Ki Bum’s sweet whispers to So Eun.

Hyun Joong silently observed and waited worriedly for Hye Sun to wake up. She was overwhelmed with fatigue and emotional stress, according to the doctors.

In addition, Hye Sun was three weeks pregnant. Only Hyun Joong and So Eun knew about it. The two promised each other that no one else will ever know about it.

“Should I tell Min Ho this? Should I even tell Hye Sun this?” Hyun Joong contemplated.

Things were getting complicated.

-

=D ENJOY! =]