Their Comeback

Destined Choices [COMPLETED]
Destined Choices
CHAPTER 21

-

After the dinner and helping So Eun to bed, Kim Bum went back to work. His mind could not rest until he knew that that the Chungs were going to pay it back, especially for what Nathan tried to do to So Eun. There was no way that he was going to forgive Nathan Chung for that.

No way.

His eyes softened again as he thought of his sleeping wife. She was pregnant with his child now. With a small smile, she appeared so graceful and elated. He wondered the reasons to her happiness of conceiving their child. Was she in love with him?

He shook his head. He did not think so. She had just begun trusting him after he promised her that he would change.

It was a good start for both of them though. He, Kim Bum, had never failed in capturing the heart of any female. He believed he could woo So Eun easily. He chuckled softly to himself. “Who begins wooing after only they are married?”

Switching on and staring at his screen, he was processing the information on all the malicious rumours about Nathan Chung.

“Sleeps with female employees and business partners, breaking families up, taking benefits and leaving them desolate!”

“Suspected of embezzlement, but no evidence!”

“Not giving employees their wages on time or even refusing to give them.”

“Workers forced to work overtime!”

“Company’s shares are falling but they are keeping a lid down on this issue. Nathan Chung refuses to speak.”

Kim Bum’s grin widened. He had a plan in his head. He was going to defeat Nathan in every way.

“Nathan, wait for your doom!”

Just as Kim Bum was grinning in an evil but silly manner to himself, he received a message from Linda.

“Bum, I love you. Remember my tattoo? B&L. It means Bum and Linda. From the first time I saw your face on the magazine, I was deeply in love with you. I stalked you, and took all photographs or whatever I could get my hands on. I really love you. Please meet me again, at our usual love hotel. I need you.”

Kim Bum was enraged at the message.

“How dare she? Doesn’t she have any sense of shame?” Kim Bum called her back directly. He wanted to set things straight with her once and for all.

“Bum, you call me back? I love you so much!” Linda on the other end of the line blurted out immediately. Her joy of receiving Kim Bum’s call was unmistakable.

“Damn. Woman, has some sense of shame instilled in you, please. This is the last time I will speak to you. I do not love you at all. You are just a fling, a more regular fling. Be glad to hear that. I will never meet or associate with you in any way, after the phone call. I will not have any other flings too, just so you know. You and your brother make So Eun suffer. You will only see me when you realise that your Chungs’ demise has arrived. Good bye!” Kim Bum shot his words without flinching. He then deleted Linda’s phone number and threw his handphone on the ground.

He was definitely getting a new phone and his phone number would only be given to the ones he could trust. So Eun, Hyun Joong, Joon, Min Ho, Hye Sun, Ga Eul and Ki Bum.

He smiled as he thought of his younger brother. After the episode of saving So Eun, he realised how deep Ki Bum’s love for So Eun was. However, Kim Bum being Kim Bum would not lose out. Kim Bum swore he loved So Eun more than anything else now, especially now that she had their child. Nonetheless, he was not going to confess any sooner. He needed to get the revenge plan ready first, and he needed to employ help from Ki Bum and Ga Eul.

“Maybe I shall play Cupid and be nice and make those two end up together!” Kim Bum’s eyes sparkled with amusement, care and love. His love for his younger brother never changed though he had been jealous of Ki Bum for a long time. “I shall ask So Eun to help me.”

However, with So Eun being his wife, he realised that he had no reasons to be jealous of Ki Bum anymore. So Eun was his most precious right now, his first priority and his plan to revenge his parents would have to be delayed. He had no mood to cripple the company now, though it was reaching its peak. So Eun would be upset, but he was hesitant to whether he should thwart his own plan of revenge against his parents. Afterall, he planned for so long.

“Whatever, main thing now is to get the Chungs down into Hell.”

The next morning, Kim Bum sent So Eun to school as usual. However, as he watched So Eun step into the school, he motioned for Ki Bum to come forward. The two brothers needed to speak.

“Ki Bum, I have a plan ready. Do you want revenge against the Chungs?” Kim Bum asked without qualms.

Ki Bum clenched his fists. He would love to “forgive and forget” and be a kind man, but, what Nathan Chung did to So Eun was unforgivable.

“Hyung, just tell me what to do.” Ki Bum replied, like a soldier prepared to be sent to the battlefield.

“Sure, I will message you the brief plan. By the way, this is my new number. Give me your number?” Kim Bum was slightly embarrassed to inquire but he had to. He wanted to contact his younger brother more often, now. He had lost contact with Ki Bum for too long.

Ki Bum stunned and then chuckled. His older bother had changed for the better.

Kim Bum laughed along with Ki Bum. “Ki Bum, I know you love So Eun. I can promise you that I will do everything I can to protect her and not let her get hurt. I won’t make her cry too. She will only shed tears of happiness.”

Ki Bum nodded his head as he saved his handphone number in Kim Bum’s new handphone. “Hyung, you love So Eun too, don’t you?”

Kim Bum kept silent. He knew the answer but he did not want to or dare to say it out loud. “Ki Bum, give me a brotherly hug. I miss you so much!”

The two bothers smiled heartwarmingly and hugged each other. Their smiles were dazzling, especially under the bright sunshine of the day.

“Want to move in to our big house? You can ask Ga Eul along too! Anyway, we are having a farewell party for Hyun Joong and Kim Joon tonight. Join us too!” Kim Bum offered.

“Move in? No thanks, won’t we be light bulbs?” Ki Bum reacted quirkily.

“No, you won’t be. You two can accompany So Eun more often too, since I am a great and busy businessman.” Kim Bum grinned.

“Back to the haughty and all-mighty Kim Sang Bum again?” Ki Bum joked.

“Hey, you know that I don’t like to be called by that name. Kim Ki Bum, I am your Hyung!” Kim Bum ruffled Ki Bum’s hair.

“I will ask Ga Eul and talk to So Eun about the moving in. The farewell party, we will surely be there! I bet Kim Joon will want to see Ga Eul!” Ki Bum chortled innocently, mocking at Ga Eul and imagining her quarrels with Kim Joon.

“Jealous, are you? Ga Eul is one great and brave girl. I admire her. So Eun does not know that I am asking you two to move in, but I am sure that she will not mind. See you tonight then! Wait for my message!” Kim Bum went off, giving his younger brother one more hug.

“Finally!” The two brothers sighed in relief and smiled happily. They were reunited in a way. The feeling of being close brothers was back, and the fact that they strongly loved and desired to protect the same woman, strengthened their bond and chemistry.

Throughout the day, everyone was feeling great, well, except the Chungs.

It was finally party time. Everyone was present in Kim Bum’s big house.

“Let’s drink!” Kim Joon cheered and danced randomly to the music blaring.

“Crazy guy,” Ga Eul mumbled.

“Come on, it is time to be crazy! Let your hair down! I am leaving! Won’t you miss me?” Kim Joon leaned near Ga Eul and ranted like a little child whining for his favourite candy.

Ga Eul pushed Kim Joon’s head away and laughed, “Idiot!”

The rest of them laughed and continued their conversations.

“Hyung, I already checked with my friend who is working at Chungs’. Her name is Serine. She said that there had many rumours and that one of her seniors did get pregnant and fired.” Ki Bum reported.

“Alright, tell her to find out more information. If she dare, ask her to seduce Nathan Chung or rather tempt him to do something wrong. The Kims’ Company will take her in afterwards, plus I want her senior to testify against Nathan Chung. I have asked around too. Some of my business associates do know something, but they want benefits so that they have courage to go against Nathan Chung.” Kim Bum discussed.

Ki Bum nodded his head, “What about the Chungs’ company shares?”

“I am going to buy them at a later rate. I will wait till their company falls first. Their shares will be at lower prices then. I will then negotiate to buy over the whole company. The shares will then rise given the takeover of the Chungs’ company by the all-so-great Kims’ company. I will then sell the shares and earn big money!” Kim Bum laughed as he pictured his triumph.

“No wonder you are the one to take over the business. I can never do this.” Ki Bum smiled and commented truthfully. He had no aptitude for business.

Kim Bum was taken aback at his younger brother’s words. He wanted to interrupt and tell Ki Bum that he was good at many other things too.

However, Ki Bum continued with a distant gaze, “Hyung, I have always been very envious and maybe even jealous of you. You seem to do so well in every single thing. Be it looks, studies, business or even sports, you are always the outstanding one. No one can compete against you. You are like the whole supreme king. I have such a hard time to catch up with you. I wanted so much to be like you. You are my idol, you know that?”

Ki Bum turned to look at the shocked Kim Bum. Kim Bum shook his head, “I didn’t know that. I always thought that you are better than me. You have freedom. You have the will and determination to step out of our house. Our parents allowed you so but it would never be the case for me.”

“That is because I have a frail body. You are healthy and they need you to continue their business. They have lost hopes in me; that was why they are willing to let me go.” Ki Bum sighed, his eyes revealing such deep melancholy, that it sent a pang of pain right into Kim Bum’s heart.

“I am sorry.” Kim Bum apologised whole-heartedly. Now, it seemed that he should give up his plans against his parents. There seemed to be no point to exact revenge against them. They were old and Ki Bum’s words made sense. They pinned their high hopes on him, not because they wanted him to become a robotic son who would obey them. They gave him choices. They never forced him to do anything, be it marrying So Eun or taking over the company. He was the one who chose all he wanted to do, but with the wrong mindset of having revenge.

“It is okay, Hyung. At least I met So Eun, though I lost her to you, again.” Ki Bum self-mocked, with a bitter smile tinged with grief.

“I am sorry again.” Kim Bum did not know what else to say.

Ki Bum sent a light punch against his older brother’s chest. “Don’t be. I will fight for her if you fail to make her happy.”

Kim Bum grinned, “No chance for you then. She will be the happiest woman. Ki Bum, I know this is mushy. I love you, bro! I have been jealous of you too but now I am not. I just miss you more than anything!”

Ki Bum pulled his older brother into a tight and firm embrace. “Hope you don’t find me a bother when I move in then!”

“No way! Let’s play soccer some time soon and all the other sports that we both love so much!” Kim Bum initiated.

“Sure, I will thrash you at your games then!” Ki Bum taunted.

“Come on!” Kim Bum faked a groan.

On the other side, So Eun and Hyun Joong were speaking.

“I emailed Hye Sun that you are pregnant. I think she would love to know.” Hyun Joong spoke calmly.

“Thanks. Oppa, you really don’t want to tell her your true feelings? I feel that you should be fair and let her know, even though she is married. At least, you can leave with a clear heart and mind then.” So Eun nudged Hyun Joong.

“Maybe I will, maybe I won’t.” Hyun Joong replied truthfully.

“Oppa!” So Eun called out, pouting, showing her slight dismay.

“Today is a happy occasion! Let’s not talk about this? Where is my farewell gift, Mrs Kim?” Hyun Joong changed the subject casually with a cheeky smile.

“Here, take it. It is something really small but I hope it can show my appreciation!” So Eun handed a small beautifully wrapped blue velvet box to Hyun Joong.

“Where is mine?” Kim Joon popped out and waved his hands in front of So Eun.

“Here it is.” So Eun handed another black velvet box to Kim Joon.

“Hey, we shared the gift!” Kim Bum joined them as he wrapped his arms around So Eun’s shoulders. Ki Bum just stood beside Ga Eul who was watching them.

“It is combined efforts!” So Eun pulled Ga Eul near her, and Ga Eul pulled Ki Bum along.

For Kim Joon, it was a watch with diamonds studded around its surface. It had a black leather strap and the numbers within the glass were not numbers, but replaced with small pictures of Joon. The funniest picture was the one at the position where the number “12” should be. It was a picture of Joon sleeping with a large “o” shaped mouth.

“What the hell?” Joon exclaimed though tears were in his eyes. He was very touched by the couple’s efforts. Everyone laughed hard.

The watch was obviously customized for Joon. In addition, in the box, there were photographs of everyone present at this party. Behind each photograph, there was a message written for Joon by the person in the photograph.

“Thank you!” Joon seriously expressed his gratitude, unlike the usual joker in him.

As for Hyun Joong, he received a customized music box. In it, there was no ballerina dancing. However, there were couples, with figures and faces; similar to all the people he loved. Hye Sun was dancing with Min Ho, So Eun with Ki Bum, Ga Eul with Ki Bum, Kim Joon with him, and two ladies sitting at the back with masks. The music playing was the famous Disney song, “A Whole New World”.

“Who are these two?” Hyun Joong asked, amused and touched.

“Your future partner and Joon’s.” Kim Bum replied.

“Why am I with him then?” Ga Eul asked Kim Bum, blushing.

“Both So Eun and I thought you two looked compatible.” Kim Bum replied in a as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

Ki Bum rolled his eyes while Joon patted him, “I pity you boy! She is so not feminine and graceful! I bet she will step on your foot when you two are dancing!”

Kim Joon reverted to his usual self.

“Idiot Kim Joon!” Ga Eul wanted to retaliate but Kim Joon pulled Ki Bum in front of him. Soon, the three were running about like young children.

Once again, there were the photographs and messages behind them. However, Hyun Joong received a special amulet. It was for his love life.

So Eun smiled, “That is especially for you. Joon will have no problems. As for you, you are a little too shy.”

Hyun Joong chuckled, “I don’t think you know me well enough.”

“Right!” So Eun rolled her eyes in amusement. Kim Bum just stared at the two. Their interaction and understanding of each other were amazing.

Then, there were loud knocks.

“What are those irritating knocks?” Joon complained in a silly manner while Ga Eul smacked his head. Ki Bum was behind Ga Eul now.

Kim Bum rushed to open the door.

“HELLO EVERYONE! WE ARE BACK!” Lee Min Ho barged in and announced. Hye Sun was behind.

“Hye Sun!”

“So Eun!”

The two young wives hugged each other.

“I am so happy for you! You are pregnant!” Hye Sun cheered. So Eun plainly smiled, her cheeks turning pink.

Hyun Joong, Joon, Min Ho and Kim Bum had their brothers’ talk.

Hye Sun, So Eun, Ga Eul and Ki Bum had their little talk too. However, Ki Bum was pulled over to join the four men later on, and they were teaching him how to flirt with all kinds of females. Ki Bum shook his head.

The party had just started and would continue on a joyful note, though farewell would be the next day, which Joon and Hyun Joong would set off.

-

SMILES & CHEERS & THANKS &

PLEASE ENJOY! =]

th1rd3ye