Them

Destined Choices [COMPLETED]
Destined Choices
CHAPTER 5

-

So Eun woke up in shock that her head was laying on Kim Bum’s shoulder. Her shock was deepened when she saw the clothes messily scattered in their room. She gently moved her head and tilted her gaze to Kim Bum’s sleeping face.

“Aish!” So Eun smacked her head as she realised her mistake. She had not planned to be on such intimate terms with Kim Bum right from the start. Kim Bum playfully opened his eyes to look at his wife who was smacking her own head in a dejected manner. Kim Bum had actually been awake earlier but he had wanted to observe his wife’s reactions.

“She is so adorable. Why is she smacking her head with a frown? Did I not perform well last night?” Kim Bum wondered and grabbed So Eun’s hand.

So Eun glared at Kim Bum in surprise. “You are awake?”

Kim Bum nodded his head and grinned. “Why are you smacking your head, my dearest wife? Did you not enjoy the night we had? I remembered you calling for me throughout.”

So Eun shivered slightly at the word “wife”.

“Calling him throughout the night? I thought I had been calling for Ki Bum. Oh no! Luckily, he had heard it wrongly.” So Eun frowned and used her other hand to smack her own head.

Kim Bum frowned and then grabbed her other hand. So Eun stared at Kim Bum with her eyes, expressing her thoughts about Kim Bum had got everything wrongly. So Eun forgot that Kim Bum and she could amazingly communicate through their eyes.

“What do you mean by I get everything wrongly? Are you trying to tell me that you were not calling for me last night?” Kim Bum glared at So Eun and tightened his grip on her hands. No one had ever found him to be unattractive. Therefore, if So Eun was not calling for him last time, it was a total disgrace to him.

“I told you we should start getting along as friends first and stop taking advantage of me!” So Eun pulled her hands away from Kim Bum’s grip and avoided Kim Bum’s question.

“Who would sleep with friends then? Moreover, who would sleep with friends whom they meet for one day? Do you often have one-night stands?” Kim Bum teased.

So Eun slapped Kim Bum in anger. He was hurting her pride with such words, implying that she was an easygoing and cheap woman.

Kim Bum stared hard at the fuming So Eun who then rushed into the bathroom.

“What the hell was that for? Damn, it hurts.” Kim Bum rubbed his burning right cheek. “She sure has a lot of strength.”

Kim Bum then walked to the bathroom and knocked on the door. “Hey, I am sorry. I was just trying to tease you. And please don’t take a long time in the bathroom. We already missed breakfast since you slept for such a long time. We have to have lunch with our families.”

So Eun refused to reply Kim Bum and took her shower slowly. Indeed, she knew she was a deep sleeper. Ki Bum had that before.

“I think you will be burnt to death since you would not wake up from your sleep even if there is a shrilling fire alarm? I guess you will need a specialized alarm.” Ki Bum laughed.

So Eun’s tears escaped from her eyes again. Ki Bum had really recorded a special alarm for her and she had it in her phone. She would always wake up immediately upon hearing the alarm. Then, she would smile to herself. She had switched off her handphone yesterday and hence she could not wake up this morning. In addition, the alarm should never be heard by Kim Bum.

After Kim Bum had taken his shower, the newly-weds proceeded to the restaurant where they would be meeting their families for lunch.

“Hey, don’t be angry please.” Kim Bum pleaded with his puppy eyes at So Eun who had been ignoring him after the slap. “Let’s be practical. We are meeting out parents for lunch later and I bet they would love to know that we are getting along very well with each other. Many people are waiting to see our marriage fail and I don’t want them to ever see it. Even if we don’t love each other, this marriage must last.”

So Eun finally turned her attention to Kim Bum who had a serious face on. So Eun once again hooked her pinky finger with Kim Bum’s pinky finger. Kim Bum knew that meant a deal between the two of them. The marriage would last and not fail. So Eun then diverted her gaze away from Kim Bum and she began to admire the scenery outside, through the windows of the car.

Kim Bum’s eyes scanned So Eun, starting from her head, and then to her feet.

Her long hair complimented her dainty face. Her eyes were beautiful and her lips were alluring. She did not have the y body of Lee Hyo Ri but she surely had a figure. Kim Bum was slightly embarrassed when the images of last night flitted through his mind. He then moved nearer to So Eun and hugged her from behind. So Eun was surprised at his act.

“I think we need some practice at getting intimate. So, I guess you better get used to me hugging and kissing you at random.” Kim Bum advised and kissed So Eun on her lips when she turned back to look at him.

“No wonder, he is a well-known Cassanova. However, that is a good thing too, since we need to convince our parents first.” So Eun thought to herself as she responded to his kiss. She had wanted to reprimand him for taking advantage of her again, but on second thoughts, she really needed some practice to constantly be reminded of the fact that she was married and married to Kim Bum.

Kim Bum pulled So Eun closer to him as he pushed his tongue forward to share a deeper and more passionate kiss with So Eun. In actual fact, So Eun did stir some feelings in him with her elegance at the wedding ceremony, her childishness with the hooking of pinky fingers and her tough side with her slap. All these had carved deep impressions on Kim Bum. Kim So Eun was one lady who was different with her many sides, and moreover, she did not succumb to him easily because of his looks. Kim Bum was intrigued.

So Eun enjoyed her kiss with Kim Bum and had truly felt that he was one charming man. The negative impressions of him on the media were of no impact on her as she genuinely felt that her husband was an affectionate man but he was poor at words. So Eun pushed Kim Bum away gently as they were approaching their destination. Kim Bum appeared to be disappointed, his eyes revealing his dissatisfaction. Somehow, Kim Bum reminded So Eun of the pouting Ki Bum. So Eun’s heart sank at the thought of Ki Bum. She did not know exactly how to face him right now.

“Hey, no frowning when you are with me.” Kim Bum used his fingers and tried to pull So Eun’s lips upwards. So Eun then managed a wide smile in an attempt to please Kim Bum since they had to put up an act together. “That’s better.” Kim Bum praised, laughing.

Kim Bum and So Eun held hands as they approached the table where their parents and Ki Bum were sitting. So Eun unknowingly tightened her grip on Kim Bum’s hand and Kim Bum gladly held her hand tightly too, assuring So Eun that everything would be fine.

“He must have thought that I am nervous to put up this act in front of our parents when I am just afraid of facing Ki Bum. Aish! So Eun, you are such a coward. I thought you have always held your principle that honesty is the best virtue. Now, you are lying to everyone that Ki Bum is just your best friend and nothing more. You are even lying to your own aching heart. How pathetic,” So Eun chided herself mutely as she tilted her gaze towards Ki Bum.

Ki Bum sat silently, trying his best not to reveal his pain at the sight of So Eun with his elder brother.

“Once again, Kim Bum got the best.” Ki Bum mumbled miserably to himself as he drank yet another glass of wine.

“Ki Bum, stop drinking. Your brother and sister-in-law are here.” Ki Bum’s mother gently reprimanded.

“Ahnyeong, Appa, Umma, Ki Bum.” Kim Bum and So Eun greeted harmoniously. They smiled to each other when they saw the grins of approval on their parents’ faces.

“So Eun, you should eat more. You are too skinny.” Kim Bum’s mother commented and then chided Kim Bum, “Get more food for your wife, Bum!”

“Yes, Umma,” Kim Bum listened to his mother and took a lot of food for So Eun on purpose. So Eun angrily smacked him lightly on his arm, with a pout. Kim Bum merely grinned at her and pinched her nose. “Just eat more.”

Ki Bum was feeling uncomfortable at the sight of Kim Bum and So Eun behaving really like a couple. He knew that So Eun was not in love with his elder brother but Ki Bum also understood that So Eun no longer belonged to him.

“So Eun …” Ki Bum excused himself as he went into the restroom. He needed to cry to vent his feelings of anguish.

So Eun worriedly glanced at the leaving Ki Bum. She realised that in order to put up a wonderful act of being the compatible husband and wife with Kim Bum, she was hurting Ki Bum deeply. However, she had no other choices.

“I am sorry, Ki Bum. I am really sorry.” So Eun then excused herself as she proceeded to wait for Ki Bum outside the restroom. Kim Bum had a hunch that So Eun was going to meet Ki Bum but he decided to let So Eun go as he trusted that they were just best friends. The parents continued to chat happily and they decided on the final fate of the two companies. They were going to merge. Kim Bum listened intently to their conversation, distracted from his previous thoughts of Ki Bum and So Eun.

Ki Bum stepped out and saw So Eun waiting.

“Ki Bum,” So Eun approached him first.

Ki Bum’s puffy eyes met So Eun’s worried gaze.

“I am sorry, Ki Bum. I didn’t know you were the younger son or else I would have chosen to marry you then. I am sorry, Ki Bum. However, it is too late for regrets now, isn’t it? I am already married to Kim Bum even though he is not the one I love.” So Eun began to sob.

Ki Bum pulled So Eun into a tight embrace. “I miss you so much, So Eun. I have been searching for you after reading that letter of yours. How could you do this, So Eun? You could have told me what was happening to you. I am sorry too. I rejected the marriage proposal when my mother asked. I didn’t know your identity then but now I realised that I had been an idiot then. If only … If only …”

“Ki Bum …” So Eun hugged him tightly. She was hugging the love of her life and she did not want to let go.

Ki Bum stared at the sobbing So Eun and gently wiped her tears away. “You should not cry, my love. Tell me if Hyung ever bullies you. I will help you.”

More tears rolled down So Eun’s cheeks. Ki Bum felt disconsolate when So Eun cried even harder in his arms. He pulled So Eun into the restroom which had the label reading, “For Staff Only”, and locked it.

“So Eun, I love you.” Ki Bum pressed his lips against So Eun’s. He knew that he was committing an act which was not morally right but he could not care more. He wanted So Eun, he needed So Eun and he loved So Eun. So Eun allowed herself to indulge in the kiss too. She missed Ki Bum, she desired for Ki Bum and she loved Ki Bum.

After a few moments, they stopped their kiss and prepared themselves to return to their table in the private room.

“So Eun, please remember I love you.” Ki Bum finally gave a genuine smile. He felt blissful after the kiss as he knew So Eun still loved him.

“I love you too, Ki Bum!” So Eun grinned happily from the bottom of her heart.

When they reappeared at the table together, no one suspected anything. Kim Bum held So Eun’s hand as she slipped back into her seat. “Do you know that we are having our honeymoon here? We are staying here for one week.”

“I know.” So Eun replied, smiling. She was still in buoyant spirits since she knew that the mutual love that Ki Bum and her shared was still valid.

“Good. I just want to tell you that I will be spending tonight with my brothers. So you may have to be alone for some time … Do you want me to get Hye Sun to accompany you or shall I get Ki Bum? I mean, since you two are best friends, and perhaps, you two need some time to adjust your relationship to that of a sister-in-law and a younger brother?” Kim Bum inquired cautiously.

So Eun was grateful for Kim Bum’s understanding but she could hear that Kim Bum was trying to warn her that she should maintain her status as a sister-in-law to Ki Bum. “I think I will get both Ki Bum and Hye Sun, can I?” So Eun decided that she should play by Kim Bum’s rules. If she was to choose Ki Bum only, Kim Bum could have been more suspecting but she could not bear to give up this chance to spend more time with Ki Bum. So Eun knew that Hye Sun would help her since Hye Sun knew and understood her.

“Aren’t you greedy?” Kim Bum pinched So Eun’s nose playfully and told Ki Bum to accompany So Eun tonight as he had some matters to attend to. Ki Bum gladly complied.

“Ki Bum, when are you leaving, by the way?” Kim Bum asked as he sipped his glass of red wine. “Are you leaving with Appa and Umma?”

Ki Bum had been thinking about his departure too and since his elder brother asked, Ki Bum decided that he should leave with his parents. “Yes, Hyung, I am leaving with Appa and Umma tomorrow afternoon.” In addition, Ki Bum needed to go back to attend to Ga Eul who was alone in Korea. He kept a mental note to himself that he would discuss with So Eun tonight about Ga Eul and their situation in the future. He could not give her up.

Soon, the afternoon went past and it was night.

Hye Sun knocked on the door of So Eun’s door. They were living in the same hotel. Hye Sun was slightly stunned when she saw a man opening the door.

“Ki Bum?” Hye Sun recognized Kim Bum’s younger brother.

Ki Bum shyly nodded his head and invited her in. Hye Sun somehow knew why So Eun was in love with Ki Bum. He was sweet, meticulous, understanding, respectful and polite. All these traits in a man made him a good lover.

“Unlike that Lee Min Ho,” Hye Sun thought and recalled about all his flirtatious dates. He could kiss another female in front of her without shame. Hye Sun sighed. So Eun brought her a cup of water and thanked her for coming.

So Eun then sat beside Ki Bum and they gazed lovingly at each other. Hye Sun was envious of them. They were so in love with each other but Destiny played such tricks on the. Even though Kim Bum and So Eun actually appeared to be more compatible to Hye Sun, Hye Sun still felt regretful for So Eun and Ki Bum.

“So Eun, pardon me asking. But are you going to continue your relationship with Ki Bum as lovers behind Kim Bum’s back?” Hye Sun scanned So Eun’s and Ki Bum’s faces.

They both nodded their heads. “We know this is wrong but … I just want to be with him.” So Eun declared firmly as Ki Bum held her hands tightly.

“What if Kim Bum finds out?” Hye Sun frowned. Kim Bum was not a man to be messed with. He had many supporters and he was smart. He could easily make use of anyone and could attain what he wanted almost effortlessly.

“I will think of what to do when he finds out. For now, we just want to cherish and take advantage of all the time we could have.” So Eun replied, smiling in blissfulness.

“I wish you all the best then. Ki Bum, I could tell that you are a good man. Take care of So Eun,” Hye Sun hugged the both of them and then stayed on with them. Ki Bum and So Eun began to relate their love story to Hye Sun.

Eventually, after Hye Sun left, So Eun hugged Ki Bum to sleep but Ki Bum left afterwards. He did not want his elder brother to catch them red-handed that fast. He had to be careful. Therefore, he only left a message in So Eun’s handphone.

Meanwhile, in Korea, Ga Eul was browsing through the newspaper and almost the entire newspaper was on So Eun’s marriage with Kim Bum.

Ga Eul sighed as she recalled about her phone conversation with her two best friends just a few minutes ago.

“Ga Eul, this is Ki Bum speaking.”

“Ki Bum, are you alright? How is So Eun? Did she explain to you what happened?”

“I am fine, Ga Eul and So Eun is alright too. She is right beside me now; I will let her speak to you.”

“Ga Eul, I am So Eun. I am sorry for causing so much problems and worry.”

“Aish! You silly girl! You could have told us what happened to you and we could think up of a marvelous plan together! Kim So Eun, you lied to me about your identity. Kim Ki Bum too! Aish!” Ga Eul was pretending to be angry when in actual fact she was almost dying of worry for her best friends.

“I am sorry and he is sorry too.” So Eun laughed at her best friend’s violent reaction. So Eun could imagine Ga Eul’s frown and pout.

“So, what are you two planning to do?” Ga Eul inquired in a serious tone.

“Commit adultery.” So Eun replied curtly.

“Are you serious? What if your husband finds out? What if your parents find out? And worse, what if the media finds out? All the newspaper, magazines and news broadcast are about your marriage with that Kim Bum. Imagine it when they had gotten news of your affair with Ki Bum?”

“I don’t know. But we are not giving up. Ga Eul, in school, you are the first and the only one to know about our actual relationship as a couple. And now, you are also the first one to know about our decision to continue our affair secretly. I know you will help us keep it secret but what we want to know is whether you will support us?”

“Of course! Even though I know it is not right, but it had been wrong for you to marry Kim Bum in the first place. Ki Bum and you were meant to be!” Ga Eul was in total approval of So Eun’s and Ki Bum’s decision.

“Thanks, Ga Eul! I love you lots! Ki Bum will be returning to Korea tomorrow. So you would not be lonely anymore. I have to stay in Italy for one week for my honeymoon.”

“Araso (Alright). Do enjoy yourself no matter what and take care.” Ga Eul smiled to herself.

“Sure. Bye!”

“Bye!”

Ga Eul flipped through the newspaper and felt bored of the news. She decided to turn in for the night then.

In a pub, the four men were having fun again.

“So, how was your first night with your pretty wife?” Kim Joon drank his drink.

“Perfect!” Kim Bum commented and hugged the lady beside him.

“Wow! She must have been really good then. Our Kim Bum always complains about his nights with ladies.” Min Ho chuckled and kissed the lady he was hugging.

Hyun Joong kept silent and continued drinking, ignoring the ladies who were trying their best to attract him.

Kim Bum grinned when he heard the words spoken by the lady whom he was hugging.

“I could give you a more than perfect night, Bummie, if you could remember my name.”

Kim Bum stared hard at the lady and thought hard.

“She must have been one of the many women whom I have flings with. What is her name?” Kim Bum scrutinised the figure of the lady. She was wearing a strapless, low-cut and tight-fitting black dress. Her curvaceous figure was perfectly drawn out and highlighted by the dress. Her figure was near to that of Lee Hyo Ri. Then, Kim Bum spotted the tattoos of two butterflies with the initials ‘B&L’.

“Linda,” Kim Bum answered with a smirk.

“Smart. It appeared that I did not waste my efforts by following you to Italy.” Linda kissed Kim Bum passionately and Kim Bum spent the night with Linda, abandoning his wife.

Kim Bum did not listen carefully to Linda’s words but instead focused on kissing her. He did not bother changing himself into a one-woman gentleman just after he was married. He was in Italy and he felt that there was no need to avoid any media since he was not that well-known in Italy. Furthermore, Kim Bum still wanted to keep to the principle of the four, “never keep to one or else you will be in the grave”.

-

sorry. i cant reply to comments. =D i mean i have only one comment. THANKS, UNNIE! =D ENJOY! i m busy now. sorry.

th1rd3ye