Their Child

Destined Choices [COMPLETED]
Destined Choices
CHAPTER 20

So Eun fluttered her eyelids and her eyes met those deeply concerned eyes of Kim Bum.

“So Eun, you are finally awake!” Kim Bum leaned forward to help her up.

“Kim Bum, why am I here?” So Eun rubbed her eyes and then her chest. She felt the urge to vomit but was holding it down.

“So Eun…” Kim Bum did not want to relate to her the nasty man and his disgusting acts towards So Eun. “Just know that Nathan Chung is a horrible man and he tried to do something to you.”

So Eun stared hard at Kim Bum. He clenched his fists hard, his lips were pursed tightly and his brows furrowed. She pulled the blanket closer to herself. She could guess what Nathan did to her, since she was feeling a little giddy still.

“It is alright now…” Kim Bum hugged So Eun tightly in his arms. He was afraid that he could not hold his anger for too long and would do something rash which might caused a lose-lose situation instead. Furthermore, So Eun’s face was becoming paler and she looked so fragile. He could never leave her alone now to seek revenge. It was not right. She needed him, or rather, he wanted to protect her now.

“I am sorry. I just wanted to help…” So Eun teared as Kim Bum wrapped his strong arms around So Eun’s waist. He patted So Eun’s head which was on his shoulder now.

“It was not your fault, silly girl. I am sorry. I should have been with you then. That Linda tricked me. Both the Chungs are up to no good.” Kim Bum decided to come clean about his affair with Linda then. He thought that that would be the best time but So Eun prevented him as she jumped away from his embrace and rushed to the toilet.

“So Eun, are you alright?” Kim Bum ran after her, panicking, and wondering if Nathan had done anything else to his precious wife.

“Damn, I swear I will kill him if So Eun’s health deteriorates or anything.” Kim Bum no longer questioned his concern for So Eun anymore. He knew it was love. Though he hated to conclude that, realization hit him hard when he heard and saw what Nathan was doing to So Eun.

The pain and hatred burnt within him.

The fear of losing So Eun crippled him.

So Eun stepped out, and landed into the firm embrace of Kim Bum. “I am alright. I just feel like vomiting. And again…” So Eun ran back into the toilet.

“I will bring you to the doctor. I will get the car and wait for me here. I will carry you to the car later!” Kim Bum rushed out while So Eun vomited again in the toilet.

Pacing up and down, Kim Bum waited restlessly outside the doctor’s. She was performing a check-up on So Eun. Meanwhile, Ki Bum, Ga Eul, Hyun Joong and Kim Joon had hurried over as well.

“How is she?” Ki Bum and Ga Eul went up to ask Kim Bum. Though both of them had initiated to stay with Kim Bum till So Eun awoke, Kim Bum chased them to their homes, forcing them to change and rest a while.

“You would scare and worry So Eun if she sees you two in such distraught states.” That was how he convinced the two of them to leave, though he himself was in a no better state.

“She is okay, I think. She just keeps vomiting. I don’t know. I swear I will hunt the Chungs down and make them pay.” Kim Bum banged his fists onto the wall.

“Relax, Bum. Don’t do anything rash first. The doctor is out!” Hyun Joong and Joon went to comfort their best friend.

“Doctor! So Eun! How are you? Feeling fine?” Kim Bum frantically ran to So Eun and held her with a tight grip on her arm. He was so fearful of her falling or hurting herself in any way. He could no longer stand seeing her in any pain or difficulties.

“Don’t worry, Mr Kim Bum. Your wife is totally fine, though she is suffering from fatigue. She is two weeks pregnant! Congratulations!” The doctor announced and left soon after.

“Pregnant?” This word lingered in the minds of those present.

“Pregnant?” Kim Bum repeated the announcement and turned to look at So Eun who was blushing madly. She did not expect almost everyone to be here and to know this news so quickly. She lowered her head in embarrassment.

“Congratulations, bro! You have got yourself a successor!” Kim Joon was the first one to snap back into reality as he gave a friendly pat on Kim Bum’s back.

“Congratulations, Bum! Your status has been promoted to being a father. Man, aren’t you getting old too quickly?” Hyun Joong joked.

“So Eun, come on! You are a mother now!” Ga Eul rushed beside her best friend and grinned happily.

“Congratulations, Hyung and So Eun! You will now have a more complete family! I guess I will become an old uncle too!” Ki Bum let out a chortle. The news indeed upset him to a certain extent, but somehow, he knew the bond between Kim Bum and So Eun was unbreakable and only getting stronger. Especially after seeing how hard his brother tried to save and protect So Eun, Ki Bum knew that his brother had fallen in love with the very same girl as him.

“Thank you, So Eun!” Kim Bum whispered sweetly into So Eun’s ears. She shifted her gaze to him, with a shy smile.

“Alright, this calls for celebration! I want to the godfather of the child!” Kim Joon proclaimed.

“I want to be the god mother!” Ga Eul chorused after Joon.

“Does that mean that we have to become a pair too?” Kim Joon winked at Ga Eul.

Ga Eul merely rolled her eyes and pulled Ki Bum in front of her, pulling him to act as a shield for her.

“Poor Joon just got rejected in front of all of us.” Hyun Joong chuckled. Euphoria surged through him. So Eun and Kim Bum deserved to have this happy ending. He just hoped that Kim Bum would confess and be honest to So Eun about his feelings and doings. He hoped Kim Bum realised that he should give up his revenge on his parents and cherished all that he had now.

“Let’s have dinner outside, my treat!” Kim Bum announced.

Happiness bloomed and the atmosphere was joyous.

However, at the Chungs’ side, the two siblings were cursing each other and hurling vulgarities.

“I am not going to give up on him!” Linda screamed. “He is mine!”

“Just shut up, Linda! I am not going to join you in any of your devious deals anymore!” Nathan angrily yelled.

“You called me devious? What are you then, despicable, nasty and disgusting? You sleep with your employees and older women when you need to get benefits from them!” Linda retorted fiercely.

Nathan slapped Linda and growled, “Get lost!”

Linda’s eyes burnt and reflected rage, hatred and disappointment.

“I hate you, Nathan!”

-

enjoy!

th1rd3ye