Their Sorrows

Destined Choices [COMPLETED]
Destined Choices
CHAPTER 15

Kim Bum hurriedly left the company to rush for the meeting at Ga Eul’s house tonight. For the whole afternoon, he could not keep a focused mind on his work. His thoughts kept drifting back to So Eun and Ki Bum. As he imagined the two of them getting intimate with each other for such a long period of time, he was not only disgusted, but also depressed.

Once seated comfortably in his car, Kim Bum hit the steering wheel hard.

“What the hell is this? Why am I feeling so angry? Why am I so agitated over So Eun and Ki Bum? Where the hell is this grief coming from?” Kim Bum ranted out loudly to himself.

Kim Bum stared hard at the mirror and scrutinised himself.

“My eyes are rather seductive still and I did not grow fat either. What the hell? The problem is not with me! It is all Ki Bum! Why must it always be him? Even So Eun also…” Kim Bum decided to drive to his destination.

Meanwhile, So Eun was already waiting and preparing herself for the worst in Ga Eul’s room.

“So Eun, are you sure that you are able to do it? I mean, I don’t mind helping you to retort Kim Bum too. Are you really going to just succumb to Kim Bum?” Ga Eul inquired. Though she knew So Eun could never divorce Kim Bum, she had always believed that So Eun would want to stick to Ki Bum for eternity. She really had faith that their love was unbreakable. However, just right after Kim Bum realised their adultery affair, So Eun was ready to give it up.

Ga Eul shook her head in disbelief.

“Ga Eul, it is the best for all of us. I am sorry. You had helped us so much but yet I had to give it up like this…” So Eun apologised genuinely. So Eun had given in to Kim Bum because of several reasons.

Firstly, she knew she was at fault but Kim Bum had been flirting too, but she was not as shameless as him. Secondly, she did not want Kim Bum to hurt Ki Bum in any way. Thirdly, she had felt that her love for Ki Bum was faltering. The two of them had been trying so hard to get back to how they were in the past, but somehow, it was getting tougher and harder. No matter how hard they tried, they could not mould their present into their past. Sorrow was inevitable though, since they really had loved and created many pleasant memories together.

“Ding Dong…”

“It should be him…” So Eun mumbled as Ga Eul rushed to open the door.

“Ki Bum, you are here! Take a seat first! So Eun is already waiting.” Ga Eul led Ki Bum in. “Ki Bum, please survive through this. You can do it.” Ga Eul prayed silently in her heart. She was afraid that Ki Bum could not take it.

Ki Bum gave Ga Eul a slight smile and moved to a seat in the kitchen. He supposed he knew what was coming now.

Afterall, he had felt the distancing in his relationship with So Eun. He had this ominous feeling that they had to break up really soon. Though he had these depressing thoughts, he never thought that the day for them to break up would be so fast and so soon. He had never expected Kim Bum to know about this matter too since he only thought that So Eun was the one who wanted to just be friends with him.

“So Eun, I guess our love can’t last… I guess your love for me is diminishing while my love for you is just not enough. We can never return to how we were.” Ki Bum shut his eyes and inhaled in a deep breath as Ga Eul silently stepped out of the house. So Eun had appeared in the kitchen then.

“Ki Bum,” So Eun called out casually, with no love in her voice. Her voice was still lovely and comforting but there were no emotions attached to it.

Ki Bum looked up and revealed a small smile again. He could not manage any bigger smiles or any grins. The pain in him was so unbearable. He felt like begging So Eun not to leave him but he could not do it. He did not want to force her to stay by his side or allow her to see his weak side.

“Let’s break up, So Eun!” Ki Bum decided to take the initiative. He could see from So Eun’s face that she did not know how to speak to him. Her lips were tightly pursed and she was twirling her fingers non-stop. Those were her expressions which gave her away. Every time she did not know how to speak her mind directly, she would unconsciously start showing such expressions.

On So Eun’s face, there was only shock. “How did you know…?” So Eun wanted to ask how Ki Bum knew what she wanted to say but was interrupted by a stream of noises created by someone pressing the doorbell without nay patience.

“Ding dong! Ding dong! Ding dong…”

So Eun stomped to the door and was greeted by an irritated Kim Bum.

“What took you so long to open the door? Is Ki Bum here already? Have you finished the matter?” Kim Bum strode in and faced Ki Bum who stood up from his seat.

“Hyung!” Ki Bum called out politely, masking his nervousness.

“You still dare to call me Hyung? Do you even remember that I am your elder brother? Do you even treat me as your elder brother? How could you commit adultery with So Eun? You…!” Kim Bum’s hand was already in the air, ready to punch Ki Bum, when So Eun’s voice rang out.

“Remember our deal!”

Kim Bum glared at Ki Bum as he allowed his hand to slide back down to his side. He grabbed So Eun to his side and put his hand around her waist firmly and tightly.

“What deal? What is going on?” Ki Bum asked in bewilderment.

So Eun stared hard at Kim Bum as he spoke, “So Eun and me made a deal. I found out about your affair. As long as she ends her stupid and disgusting affair with you, I will not touch you in any way.”

“That’s it? Is that why you want to break up with me, So Eun? If that is the reason, I take back my words. I do not want to break up with you! I still love you!” Ki Bum burst out. If So Eun were to break up with him just because she wanted to protect him, he would never agree to it.

“You idiot! What did you just say? You love her? She is your sister-in-law! You!” Kim Bum was ready to hit Ki Bum really hard. Kim Bum’s blood was literally boiling.

So Eun stopped Kim Bum and stated, “Ki Bum, I am sorry. I have to break up with you! It is not just to protect you. Our break up will do all of us good. Ga Eul has been there for you, for such a long time. Did you ever realise it? It pains my heart when I see her tolerating when we are happily enjoying the company of each other! I did love you, Ki Bum. However, didn’t you feel the distance between us now? We had been trying hard, the both of us, to go back to the past. It is impossible to achieve, Ki Bum! I am sorry! I am really sorry! Let’s just break up!”

“So Eun…” Ki Bum could not believe what he was hearing. It seemed like So Eun was really giving up their love. She did no longer love him as passionately as before. The past was really just the past. They could not return to it again.

Kim Bum was taken aback as well. He could not hide his smile as he pondered her words, “the distance between us…trying hard…impossible to achieve…”

“Does that mean that she does not love him as much now?” Kim Bum wondered. Somehow, he could feel that the anger and despair he felt early dissipated. Joy was settling in instead.

“So Eun, do you not love me anymore?” Ki Bum questioned directly. That was the answer he wanted to hear the most though he was afraid of a dreadful answer.

“I am sorry, Ki Bum.” So Eun replied.

It was not that she did not love him anymore, she did. However, the love she had for him was not as deep as before. Even she herself was confused and lost about her own feelings. She only knew that the love that Ki Bum and she once shared, the deep and passionate love, could only be part of their wonderful past and nothing more. They could no longer maintain that lovely relationship.

“Alright then, let’s break up! However, I have to say this first. If he ever bullies you, I will be here for you. I will be always ready to protect you and keep you company. My love for you will remain strong. As for Ga Eul, I will tell her that I am sorry. So Eun, do take care!” Ki Bum declared bravely.

“Thank you, Ki Bum!” So Eun’s tears were falling.

“No worries, Kim Ki Bum! I will make her the happiest woman on Earth. I will be the best husband!” Kim Bum pulled So Eun nearer and left, sending Ki Bum one last threatening deathly glare.

Ki Bum sighed as he watched the two of them leave.

“Kim Bum, you better keep your words. So Eun, I still love you. Ga Eul, I am sorry…” Ki Bum whipped his handphone and decided to call Ga Eul back. He had to make things clear to her. He had to tell her his truthful feelings towards So Eun. He had to narrate what had happened between Kim Bum, So Eun and him.

Back in Kim Bum’s car, So Eun kept crying. Her shoulders were shaking. Though Kim Bum had felt really satisfied at her answer just then, he could feel his heart aching for So Eun. He was at a loss. Kim So Eun was the first woman who cried in his company.

Kim Bum took one last glance at So Eun and then started to drive really fast. His car zoomed on the roads and they finally arrived at a dark and empty carpark at an isolated place.

“Get out and then continue crying!” Kim Bum ordered as he opened the car door for So Eun. So Eun did not know how to react to him. Kim Bum was the first man who never consoled her when she was crying. In her mind, she was chiding Kim Bum for being so ungentlemanly. In her heart, she was still in pain about the loss of Ki Bum.

Kim Bum pulled So Eun out and before she could let out a yelp, So Eun’s head crashed onto the broad chest of Kim Bum.

The wind was howling and blowing. The night was chilly and cold. Kim Bum embraced So Eun securely and firmly.

“Just cry! The wind can help to dry your tears and no one will hear your annoying cries here. I can always get a new shirt too!” Kim Bum spoke randomly, assuring and consoling So Eun in the best way he could.

So Eun was amused by Kim Bum and she hugged Kim Bum tightly back.

The wind was howling and blowing strongly. The night was chilly and cold. However, the aching hearts of Kim Bum and So Eun were warm and beating. At that point of time, both of them were really glad to have each other, though they did not say so.

-

UPDATE! SORRY! NOT REPLYING TO COMMENTS! I WILL REPLY NEXT TIME! ALL I CAN SAY TO YOU PEOPLE IS I REALLY LOVE YOU ALL! YOU KEEP COMMENTING AND I FEEL SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY! hahas. REALLY. this fanfic is one of my most beloved.

if interested, scroll down winglin list and check out my other fanfics. i updated about four of five today, including this, i think. :p

THANKS!

CHEERS! =D

th1rd3ye