Their Love

Destined Choices [COMPLETED]
Destined Choices
CHAPTER 25

“Hello to all supporters, I am Mr Kim Ki Bum. I am Kim Bum’s younger brother and I will be the new director of the Kims Company II. Please continue to support us!” Ki Bum then showed a brilliant smile and his eyes gleaming with anticipation.

Commercials were shown on the large screens of Korea. Nathan Chung’s company did not fall but rather it was renamed to Kims Company II and was not taken charge by the mysterious Kim Ki Bum who had not been exposed to the media.

Once again, the young masters of Kims never failed to capture the hearts of young women. Ladies giggled and swooned over Ki Bum. Many would stand below the large screens and stare dreamingly at the screen.

“Big shot! Now you are so famous and loved by so many girls!” Ga Eul commented in a mocking way.

“Spare me the teasing, Ga Eul!” Ki Bum sat down in the opposite seat facing Ga Eul. They were now in a small cafe hidden at a small corner in the dark end of an alley. It had always been the safe haven for Ga Eul whenever she felt suppressed by reality. The cafe named Until You Return was opened by a young man. In it, the furniture was of all colours and the orange lights shone gently. Ga Eul loved the cafe and its ambience; she was also very glad that this cafe was actually not that accessible because the tranquility there was a rare jewel.

She had brought Ki Bum here to her safe haven. She hoped what she had planned would be successful. It was time.

“Ki Bum…” Ga Eul spoke in a whisper. “I believe you have heard and you should know my feelings for you. Through all these times, even though I hope my feelings for you can fade, but they have in fact grown stronger.”

Ki Bum’s eyes were locked on Ga Eul’s serious yet dreamy expression. Her eyes also revealed some tiredness. His heart ached. He did know how hard and sad it must have been for her, afterall, he felt the same feelings when watching Kim Bum and So Eul together.

“I just want to know where exactly both of us are heading towards. Is there really no chance? Or are we going to try? Or we shall just keep status quo and be the best of friends? I just need to get an answer from you so that I will know whether to try to suppress or even eliminate my feelings for you or…” Ga Eul’s eyes darted up to Ki Bum and then back down to the table.

Whenever she was with him, she always hoped for something more. Though she knew it was because she loved him, but she hated herself for being greedy or even selfish. She needed a direction. If this dragged on, there would be no end and no new beginnings. She would be just moving on the same spot.

“Ga Eul…” Ki Bum cleared his throat and moved his hands towards her. He then places his hands above hers and held them tight. “All I know is I do like you very very much. However, I am unsure where we are heading to or how our relationship will progress. All I know is that I do not want to lose you and if you were to suddenly disappear, I would definitely pack up and search for you. I am sorry for being selfish but I really would like you to stay by my side. Maybe we can try to progress. If we missed this chance, and our lives end, this would be my biggest regret. I do not want it.”

Ga Eul focused her gaze on Ki Bum.

Should she take the gamble and try?

His feelings were not confirmed but he was willing to try. He did care a lot for her too.

At this point of time, the boss of the cafe went on stage.

“Hello to all customers! I hope you enjoy the coffee and light food. My band and I are going to perform another song titled I hope or I want. This song expresses my love for the girl whom I missed so much. I am still waiting for her return. To all, if you really love someone, don’t give them up or let them go so easily. The space these special people left when they are gone is just too hard to bear. Trust me.”

The boss’s husky voice revealed so much emotions. His songs and words always touched Ga Eul. This time, his song and speech gave Ga Eul the courage to embrace the unknown. She was going to accept what Ki Bum suggested.

“So… if we progress, what should be your next question?”Ga Eul asked teasingly with tears in her eyes.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” Ki Bum asked immediately as his hold on Ga Eul’s hands tighted. His smile widened as well.

Ga Eul nodded her head. A new couple emerged as the boss of the cafe sang powerfully.

Barae (I hope / I want) by FT Island

“…I see you again and you, you are my love.
I see you hundred times and I, I am your love.
You are my match made in heaven.
You took the wrong path, that's all.
Even if I am born again, I only want you.
Even if I love again, I only want you.
You will come back, you will come back.
Because without you, there is no me

Even when I look back again, you, you're my love
Even if I look (at you) thousands of times, I'm, I'm your love
Approved by the heavens, you're my love
We've been separated for a while, that's all…”

At the airport, Hyun Joong and Kim Joon walked side by side, with smirks on their faces.

“So did you get a new girlfriend?” Joon poked Hyun Joong.

“Well, I am a professional heartbreaker like all of you. What do you expect?” Hyun Joong replied jokingly.

“You have become more naughty, didn’t you? The way you speak is so…”Joon stated as he glared hard at Hyun Joong, hoping for Hyun Joong to reveal any hints of what had happened to him.

“It is just that you did not know me well, Joon. I am so hurt.” Hyun Joong expressed his sadness in a dramatic way as he placed his hand over his heart and pretended to cry.

“Oh man… Something went wrong. You are not Hyun Joong.” Joon could not believe how fast Hyun Joong could change so drastically.

Hyun Joong smiled and winked at Joon. Indeed he had changed after he travelled. He met little children who tried so hard to sell flowers to tourists. He met young women who were independently raising their own children. He met handicapped children who fought so hard to express themselves. All these people who were less fortunate than him, however, always had those lovely smiles on their faces. They seemed to laugh at every single little thing and were often making jokes out of everything they saw, heard or spoke.

He realized that if everyone lived like them, life would be much happier and enjoyable, for himself and the people around him. Not only that, he did meet a special girl as well, who was clumsily learning sign languages and moving items around to help the less fortunate. Her optimism and extreme emotional changes amazed him and he kind of loved it when he saw her behaving honestly, revealing how she felt even when she tried to hide it.

“What about you, Master Kim Joon?” Hyun Joong diverted the topic.

“Me?! Living as happily and extravagantly as ever! Well, I am still the same.” Kim Joon winked this time. Indeed he had learnt more about taking over some business and was in fact ready to be his father’s successor. The work was sometimes taxing, but being Kim Joon, he would often take breaks and could handle matters gracefully at the end of the day.

“Kim Bum that rascal! He finally came to enlightenment!” Joon grinned. Hyun Joong nodded his head in agreement and the two men burst into chuckles.

“Check. Check. Check. Great! Everything packed nicely! So Eun, let’s get home!” Kim Bum linked arms with his beloved wife.

So Eun pouted. “Why is there only you today? Where are the rest?”

“Why? I chased them away. We should spend some quality time alone. You have been hospitalized for quite some time. They have some matters to attend to.” Kim Bum turned and spoke in a relatively serious tone.

So Eun still pouted.

“Fine, Mrs Kim. Is there anything I can do for you to make you happier?” Kim Bum chuckled as he pinched So Eun’s nose lovingly.

“I want to go home!” So Eun stated and started walking hastily. She was actually not angry or disappointed that the others were not here. Everyone had kept her accompanied and had been taking care of her very well. She was just feeling a little unbalanced. Kim Bum had been exceptionally sweet and gentle to her during the times she was hospitalized but she was fearful that this bubble of happiness would burst.

She also knew about the revenge plan which had succeeded. The Chungs deserved it and she was joyful to hear that Ki Bum was the next director of Kims Company II. Her heart leapt in pure bliss when she heard that Kim Bum was the one who planned and executed the revenge plan. He had done it for her, according to Ga Eul and Ki Bum.

“He really loves you, So Eun.” Ga Eul’s words echoed in her mind.

“Why doesn’t he reveal his feelings to me?” So Eun bit her lips. Perhaps, being pregnant made women more doubtful as well.

So Eun was merely kept in the dark of Kim Bum’s great plans. He was ready for his confession to her. Though it was those three special words that she would want to hear, Kim Bum was totally serious about the confession to her.

He wanted to make it special and loud. He wanted everyone to be there when he announced his love to her. He wanted everyone to know that she was his and he was hers. He wanted desperately to hold onto her and never let go. He was more than determined to protect her and their child.

Kim Bum victoriously smiled. Everything was going as planned.

“Min Ho, you are so lousy. Can’t you even wear the bow properly?” Hye Sun grumbled as she went to straighten Min Ho’s bow.

“Stupid Kim Bum! I am the great Lee Min Ho! Why am I posing as a waiter for him?” Min Ho complained.

Hye Sun slapped him forcefully on his chest. “Great Lee Min Ho? It took you so long to really appreciate me, and to confess and prove that you really love me! At least Kim Bum had been protecting So Eun all these times, even if his feelings were unconfirmed at times. It also took him a shorter time to appreciate and show everyone that he loves So Eun. He did so much for her, and he is being so romantic and ambitious, which can really prove to everyone of us that So Eun is the only one for him. Stop complaining so much!”

“I love you, Hye Sun! Don’t be so agitated.”Min Ho wrapped his arms around Hye Sun’s waist.

“Never talk back to your wife, especially when she is pregnant. Females always compare and they have freaking good memories…” All the lines which his friends used to complain played in his mind. However, he realized that behind these lines, actually lay the men’s hearts which loved their women and hence they did not want to further incur wrath.

He then kissed Hye Sun on her right cheek. “Tonight is going to be an awesome night for all of us!”

Hye Sun turned and beamed.

So Eun paced up and down in the house. “Why is nobody picking up my call?”

“They are busy?” Kim Bum answered casually as he tried to drag So Eun to her room.

“Don’t pull me. Why are you forcing me to change into this formal dress for pregnant woman? Why must I still be a model for the company when I am pregnant? You are an abusive husband!” So Eun whined as she was gently shoved into her room.

“Don’t argue, Mrs Kim. A greater reward awaits you! Fine! You will model for something else and you will only get changed at the studio! Satisfied?” Kim Bum loved how So Eun whined and pretended to be angry. She was absolutely adorable, or rather, he was hopelessly in love with her and he did not mind this fact.

“Alright! Mr Kim Sang Bum! The studio it will be then!” So Eun gave in. She was being unreasonable but she wanted to test how far Kim Bum was willing to tolerate her. He had exceeded her expectations.

“Wedding dress? For a pregnant lady?” So Eun exclaimed when she saw what she had to model for. This was not making any sense.

“So Eun! Just wear it, you would be pretty!” Hye Sun’s voice rang out.

“Hye Sun! What are you doing here?” So Eun walked with big strides towards Hye Sun and wanted to hug her. Awkwardly, she realized that their big tummies were hindering them from having an affectionate hug.

“I am your personal make-up stylist!” Hye Sun grinned. “I miss you So Eun and do try that dress on. It was custom-made for you.”

“For me?! Why?” So Eun inquired.

“Because you are the model, silly!” Hye Sun pushed So Eun into the changing room. She had a slip of the tongue but she managed to cover it up. She stuck out her tongue to herself.

“Thanks, brothers! I own all of you a favour!” Kim Bum hugged his four brothers. Everyone was preparing for the big event.

“So Eun is out!” Hye Sun announced and winked to Kim Bum.

So Eun was dressed in a long white dress which was bare-shoulder. The dress was lacey at her chest level and had simply no designs. It was a simple but yet elegant white dress which suited So Eun. In fact, Kim Bum had tried to make the dress as similar to the wedding dress which So Eun wore when she was married to him. Kim Bum’s heart raced.

“So Eun, you are absolutely beautiful!” Kim Bum praised.

“Is that part of the advertisement? This dress looks like the one I wore last time, just that this time it allowed space for my big tummy.” So Eun teased mockingly.

Kim Bum and Hye Sun chuckled.

“We are starting the commercial shooting in a few seconds.” Kim Bum then held So Eun and pulled her into the venue for shooting. The background was one of a high-class restaurant. A few people were seated at the table.

“Dad, Mum!” So Eun called out. “Why are you here?”

“For the commercial too, my dear!”Her parents replied. Her in-laws were there too and they gave So Eun reassuring smiles.

“Kim Bum, why do you drag our parents into this too?” So Eun pouted.

“Well, they must be here to witness our wedding, don’t they?” Kim Bum winked as he placed his hands around So Eun’s waist. He pulled her closer to him and playfully kissed heart her earlobe.

“Kim Bum!” So Eun blushed. They were in front of both his and her parents and he was being so intimate to her. “We shall get ready for the recording of the commercial then.”

The two were now standing on a small stage created against the background. They were holding hands, waiting for the call of the director. Ga Eul and Ki Bum stepped in hand-in-hand, as they played the roles of the bridesmaid and groomsman.

So Eun was amazed at the crew for this commercial shooting.

“Lights, camera ready, ACTION!” A familiar voice rang out and the commercial was to be recorded.

“That sounds so familiar…like Joon…” So Eun muttered to herself and realization hit her. She had not been given any script. She turned to Kim Bum and communicated with her eyes to him again.

The expression in her eyes was bewilderment. Kim Bum flashed a cheeky smile.

A tall waiter stepped near them, bringing a large wedding cake in front of them.

“Min Ho?” So Eun called out in surprise as Min Ho smiled at her politely as a waiter should.

“Tonight, we are very glad to have Mr and Mrs Kim here with us. Tonight is a special and big night for all of us here, friends and relatives of Kim Sang Bum and Kim So Eun.” A soothing voice declared.

“Hyun Joong Oppa!” So Eun’s voice went higher.

Hyun Joong threw a mischievous smile to So Eun and continued his job as an emcee. “We are gathered here to witness Kim Sang Bum’s declaration of love for his wife. He had planned for this and he had many things to say. I shall now pass the microphone to him!”

Kim Bum threw a light friendly punch at Hyun Joong as he received the microphone. Hye Sun was now besides Min Ho.

“So Eun, surprise! I have called all of them here to show how important you are to me and for them to be witnesses to this sacred declaration.” Kim Bum spoke. Tears were forming in So Eun’s eyes.

“We had been married initially due to financial gains. We did not know each other. We merely were a married couple by name.” Kim Bum paused. “But after all these times spent with you, I hereby proposed to you to be my wife, not just by name.”

“I love you, Kim So Eun! I really do. You mentioned the dress was similar to the one you wore on our wedding day. Yes, it is. I asked the designer to design it that way. I have called Hyun Joong and JOon back. Joon is the director now! I have arranged roles for all the important people to you and me. They are all here. I, Kim Sang Bum, am proposing to you, declaring my love for you and hoping you will accept all of what I am doing and myself.”

“Will you be my wife and love me for who I am? Will you be my wife and accept me for what I have done?” Kim Bum knelt down and presented a ring to So Eun.

“Kim Bum…” So Eun’s tears rolled down her warm and rosy cheeks. She was touched and no words could describe her feelings. The man in front of her, the man whom she learnt to love so deeply, had trumpeted his love to her. He had once again exceeded her expectations.

“I do!” She finally managed to choke out the two simple words. Kim Bum raised his head and put on the ring for her. He then stood up and kissed So Eun’s eyes and cheeks,

“From now onwards, I will only allow you to shed tears of happiness. I love you.” Kim Bum then kissed So Eun passionately. Everyone at the scene clapped and cried for this couple.

“CUT!” Joon was being the perfect director.

All turned to stare at him, including the “newly-wed”.

“Well, children cannot watch this fiery kiss.” Joon scratched his head and smiled innocently.

All then gave questioning looks.

“Ask Hyun Joong. He came up with this idea.” Joon pointed a finger at a bewildered Hyun Joong who then started chuckling.

“Sorry, people. I decided to do a similar reenactment to how Min Ho confesses to Hye Sun. Simply put, this commercial was really shot right now, and it is being broadcasted on the television and those large screens out there, right now!” Hyun Joong answered truthfully, with a glint of mischief in his eyes.

Roars of laughter exploded.

So Eun’s eyes were locked with Kim Bum’s. All that mattered to them was each other.

“I love you.” Kim Bum kissed So Eun again on her lips.

“I love you too.” So Eun replied.

“From start, we were meant to be, isn’t it?” Kim Bum used his fingers to brush the falling fringe of So Eun back into place.

“Initially I thought it had been a mistake, Heaven’s joke but I think it was a destined choice.” So Eun answered philosophically.

A dazzling smile was on Kim Bum’s face and his lips crashed upon So Eun’s. Words were used to express his love but actions still speak louder than words to him.

As what Joseph Campbell said, “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” Every choice, every step forward in life we have made, has implications. Things may not go as what we planned but that do not mean our lives are horrible.

Destined choices… No matter what, our choices affect our destiny and maybe all along, destiny has determined our choices as well…

-

THE END

-

Hello to all. Finally this fanfic had reached the end. I would like to add in one quote here.

The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds- The Notebook.

 BIG THANKS FOR BEING SO PATIENT WITH ME. I hope the love that So Eun and Kim Bum shared reaches the extent mentioned in the quote:p

LOVE ALL OF YOU. THANK YOU.

LEAVE A FINAL COMMENT!? TY.

CHEERS, LOVES AND HUGS!
th1rd3ye