Their Choices

Destined Choices [COMPLETED]
Destined Choices
CHAPTER 12

The following school days were of the same old routine.

Kim Bum would kiss her passionately right in front of everyone and then she would meet up with Ga Eul and Ki Bum. After school, the three best friends would go to Ga Eul’s house to do all that they want. Ga Eul’s house was the only place So Eun could go to without getting the attention she detested.

The media was infiltrating her personal life and she could do nothing about it.

As for Kim Bum, he was busying himself with an upcoming project that he seldom returns home. In fact, he had never returned home for the last few days. Either he stayed in his office, or he would be staying in Linda’s apartment. Linda had been calling him to accompany and he missed her too.

“I guess a few nights with her won’t hurt.” Kim Bum shrugged his shoulders after a phone call from Linda. She had prepared a sumptuous candlelight dinner for him.

B&L.

Kim Bum’s mind could not erase the image of the tattoo of the two butterflies with these initials on Linda’s shoulder. He had tried asking her but she merely replied him with a wry smile and a passionate kiss.

Linda was such a mystery and it was why Kim Bum was interested to continue to go out with her.

B&L.

“Boy and Linda.” Kim Bum mused and chuckled at his juvenile guess.

So Eun walked around her room and stared hard at her own wedding photo.

“If it were Ki Bum, would I be standing here alone in this spacious and thinking about the past? If only I had checked who I was to marry, would I be feeling the same regrets?” So Eun bit her lower lip.

No doubt, Kim Bum was a charming and doting husband. However, his ambitions were really great and he enjoyed manipulating the media. He also loved the attention thrown upon him.

Kim Bum was the total opposite from her.

“To think that people say that opposites attract …” So Eun sighed. She stared hard at her handphone now and was tempted to listen to the specialized alarm that Ki Bum created for her.

Somehow, she lost the strength to press the button to listen to it.

So Eun sighed again.

Despite the three of them trying their best to bring themselves back to the past, they all realised that they could not do it. Although none of them spoke about it, So Eun knew that the three of them were facing the same problem. So Eun was deeply grateful to Ga Eul who always tried to create more opportunities for Ki Bum and her…

“So Eun and Ki Bum, please, do keep yourselves busy in my room. I am going to make us some food in the kitchen!”

“So Eun and Ki Bum, I am going to watch my favourite show now. Please do not come out to disturb me!”

“So Eun and Ki Bum …”

That was Ga Eul, always attempting to keep Ki Bum and her, stuck in a room together. So Eun let out a giggle when she thought of Ga Eul’s silly lies. However, Ga Eul’s attempts were not really successful.

Stuck in Ga Eul’s room, Ki Bum and So Eun had nothing to converse about, initially. After they began to talk about their schoolwork and everything else, whenever the topic of So Eun’s marriage to Kim Bum came up, their conversation reached a dead end.

Silence reigned in the room.

The past which they had shared together, so blissfully, would be the next topic they would talk about.

“Do you remember the alarm that you created for me? I am still using it. It is the only alarm that can wake me up!” So Eun laughed.

“You sleep like a pig! A dead log! I bet none of anyone can wake you up! That alarm is a miracle!” Ki Bum chortled too. He could recall So Eun’s sleeping face on his bed. She was sleeping so deeply. Her smile on her face accentuated her elegance and made her appear like an angel. He was so in love with her.

“Right! All thanks to you for creating the miracle for me then!” So Eun smiled.

The two would continue all about the past they shared together.

However, silence would reign once again soon.

At the end of the conversation, realization hit them so hard that they were left speechless.

The past, which they were talking about, was their desired destination.

They would love to return to it but they would never be able to reach there ever again.

They could not reverse time.

They could not undo the choices they had made.

They could not go back to the pleasant and memorable past.

The past was only memories and nothing more.

They had made their choices, not knowing the future lying ahead of them, then.

Choices were the fundamental strings of Destiny.

Destiny had put in place many strings for each and every one of us.

So Eun, Ki Bum and even Ga Eul, Kim Bum and Linda, had chosen to let go of some strings and pull some strings. They could only depend on themselves and their choices to move on with their lives until their final destinies.

Afterall, all lives end with death.

Destiny will have an end, too.

All objects are born in a way, and they will die in a way eventually.

It is a cycle.

What will they end up with?

-

=] Sorry. I am not replying comments this time round. I am going to sleep. Lols. ENJOY! DO COMMENT! =]

CHEERS! =]

th1rd3ye