Her Distress

Destined Choices [COMPLETED]
Destined Choices
CHAPTER 19

“Bye, love. Take good care of yourself! I have a lunch appointment so I can’t pick you up! I will call you later!” Kim Bum kissed his wife on her forehead and left for work. So Eun stepped into the school and searched for the figures of her two best friends. While she had been trying to calm herself down and everything, she did not contact Ga Eul or Ki Bum. Now, she was a little worried and guilty since she stopped contacting them for some time.

“Hi, So Eun! Are you looking for us?” Ga Eul popped out suddenly and greeted So Eun with a wide grin.

“Ga Eul, I missed you so much! So sorry for not contacting you. I was…” So Eun’s eyes trailed off to Ki Bum who was beside Ga Eul. His bright smile was back on the face. So Eun felt so relieved.

“Ki Bum, you look happier now!” So Eun commented as she held Ga Eul’s hands tightly. “Did you two move on?”

“No way!” Ga Eul burst out, chuckling and blushing. Ki Bum coolly shrugged his shoulders. “It is just that we went out on the weekend and we visited so many fantastic places. I shall tell you all about them!” Ga Eul’s eyes twinkled with much delight.

So Eun turned to catch a glimpse of Ki Bum’s smiling face. Ki Bum gave So Eun the See-I-have-made-her-happy face, and then, an aren’t-you-satisfied smirk.

So Eun laughed. It was good to be back to the pleasant and gleeful trio. However, a trap was awaiting So Eun in the afternoon…

Kim Bum went back to his office and began to do his work. In his mind, So Eun’s images kept dancing through. He had this premonition that something bad would happen.

“She is in school now. Nothing should go wrong. I shall call her during lunch time later to check again…” Kim Bum was getting a little restless as his worries of So Eun increased as time went by.

However, it seemed that Kim Bum was the only one who sensed the danger. So Eun was blissfully oblivious of it. There were the other two who were getting hyped instead.

“Brother, turn on your deadliest charm later. Make sure you have the best weapons with you too!” A sinister laughter rang loudly in Nathan’s office.

“Right, sister. Linda Chung, make sure we both succeed in getting what we want. I could picture her on the bed now, you know… Her fair skin, her luscious lips and everything… I can’t wait.” Nathan chuckled in a malicious and lustful manner.

“Cheers, I can’t wait too! Man, I have been waiting for him to stay by my side for so long. I have chased him enough. It should be time for him to repent and realise my presence!” Linda finished her red wine in one gulp.

The highly awaited afternoon came.

A black limousine arrived outside So Eun’s school and Nathan Chung stepped out of it, not failing to capture the attention of many in the school compound.

“Oh guys! I have to go! He is the head of the Chungs’ Company that I told you about!” So Eun waved and rushed to meet Nathan.

“Ga Eul, do you sense something fishy?” Ki Bum asked worriedly.

“Let’s follow them!” Ga Eul could sense something wrong as well.

“Kim Bum, meet me at the Bliss restaurant!” Kim Bum read the message and set off.

“Here we are.” Nathan opened the door for So Eun and motioned for her to step out. They arrived in front of a well-established, elegant-looking hotel.

“Charm Hotel,” So Eun said the name of the hotel to herself, viewing the magnificent building. Once she stepped in, she loved it. The ambience was more than romantic and it was more than elegance. There was a sense of hope around in this hotel and somehow, So Eun felt spellbound with all the luxurious furniture, the orangey lights and glittering reflections. In addition, the paintings hung on the walls were all masterpieces of breathtaking sceneries.

“Wow!” So Eun let out a gasp. She was really charmed.

“May we?” Nathan curved his arm, signaling for So Eun to link arms with him. Together, they stepped into the restaurant. “First impression: perfect!” Nathan thought to himself in triumph.

As they began eating, Nathan kept a folder under his arms, “We shall discuss this after we eat. Eating and negotiating business deals will cause indigestion.” Nathan added a charming smile to his little amusing statement, which successfully earned a sweet smile from So Eun.

“Lovely,” Nathan thought.

Ga Eul and Ki Bum who were following the two were inside the hotel lobby. They could not enter the restaurant since the restaurant seemed to be booked and they had no means to. They were not even in proper attires even if they wanted to enter the restaurant.

“This hotel is really high-class.” Ga Eul mumbled, while Ki Bum nodded his head in agreement.

“Are we going to continue loitering here or shall we wait outside? I am getting a little embarrassed and I feel really out of place.” Ga Eul whined and pouted. Ki Bum gave her an understanding smile and pulled her out.

“Let’s have lunch at the opposite cafe then. We can eat, wait and watch for them until they appeared in the lobby.” Ki Bum sweetly and gently held Ga Eul’s hands. They were not together, but both of them were more than good friends now, though less than lovers. They were intimate confidants.

Kim Bum was savouring his lunch as well, with a seductive lady, Linda Chung.

“Linda, so what is the business deal?” Kim Bum asked straight to the point.

“Chill, Mr Kim. Have lunch first.” Linda cajoled.

Kim Bum looked at Linda who seemed to be in really high spirits. There was the weird feeling in him again.

“I need to make a call, excuse me for a while.” Kim Bum said formally to Linda. Linda gazed at his distancing figure.

“Kim Bum, you are mine. I don’t know how that woman can make you change so much when I tried so hard, following and tempting you everywhere. But, you are mine. My brother will not fail me and himself. He will get your wife too. Mr Kim…” Linda sneered.

“So Eun, where are you?” Kim Bum asked.

“Charm Hotel,” So Eun answered truthfully. She had just finished lunch and was about to start discussing with Nathan when she received the call. She left the table then.

“Charm Hotel? That is under the Chungs’ Company. What are you doing there?” Kim Bum asked, his stomach twisting into knobs of anxiety.

“Nathan Chung invited me to lunch. He said that he wanted to discuss some business deals. I wanted to help the Kims’ Company and so here I am. Don’t worry about me. I can handle this. I will inform you at night about the details, alright?” So Eun pacified Kim Bum though she had no idea why she was doing that. She was afraid to keep the famous Nathan Chung waiting.

“So Eun! Be careful and take care. I will pick you up later. Call me later!” Kim Bum cautioned. “Damn it. What is this weird feeling? I feel that something bad is going to happen to her.”

“Yes, husband!” So Eun chortled softly and then continued, “Goodbye and enjoy your lunch!”

Kim Bum smiled and he felt the uneasiness in him reduce as he heard So Eun’s soft laughter. He really loved the sound of that.

So Eun went back to the table. “So, shall we begin?”

Nathan smiled and took out some sample designs of dresses. “These are just some samples…”

So Eun began looking through the files. The serious look on her face made Nathan more determined to get her more than ever. Normally, women would flirt with him continually during meals and would not bother to look through the files at all. This woman was definitely different and very unique.

“Interesting!” Nathan commented silently; a wicked glint shone in his eyes.

“Mrs Kim, how do you find it?” Nathan probed.

“I think there should be no problem. Do we need to sign a contract now?” So Eun questioned, her lips.

“Relax, have a sip of the drink first. I thought you wanted to discuss with your husband?” Nathan hinted. Pleasure was all over his face. So Eun took more than a sip.

“Yes, I would love to bring these files back to him. Can I?” So Eun took another sip. She was worried that Nathan would say ‘No’. Afterall, these designs were his company’s, and So Eun was from a rival company.

“I think you could. I think your husband can come up with amazing ideas for collaborations after looking through these files as well. In my opinion, it would be beneficial to both companies if we worked together.” Nathan grinned as So Eun looked at him intently, paying serious attention.

“Mrs Kim, can I call you So Eun?” Nathan leaned nearer to So Eun and asked in a soothing voice which worked to calm women down and get them to listen to him.

“Well, sure…” So Eun stuttered a little as she could feel the warmth of Nathan’s breath near her. She could feel heat rushing through her body and that she was getting giddy.

“So Eun, you are really beautiful.” Nathan gave a light peck on her cheek and then moved behind So Eun. “We should get going now,” he whispered in So Eun’s ears.

So Eun nodded her head and was in Nathan’s arms. “I am sorry, I can’t seem to balance. I am getting a little giddy…”

“No problem with me, So Eun.” Nathan wrapped his strong arms around So Eun’s petite waist as they strolled out. “How about we get a rest?”

So Eun’s eyes were shutting already. She merely nodded. She really wanted to sleep.

“Let’s go! There is something really wrong!” Ga Eul and Ki Bum rushed to the hotel lobby upon seeing So Eun in Nathan’s arms.

“I will call my brother!” Ki Bum dialed. They lost Nathan and So Eul as the lift doors closed.

“Seventh storey!” Ga Eul pulled Ki Bum and they rushed up the stairs.

Kim Bum answered the call and rushed off, though Linda tried to hold him back. “Kim Bum, we are not done yet!”

“You planned this, didn’t you?” Kim Bum pushed Linda onto the floor, ignoring to spare her any considerations. “You and your brother! It must be!” Kim Bum sped off.

So Eun was led into a spacious room and she was placed onto a big and comfy bed.

Nathan closed the door and placed a “Do Not Disturb” sign.

“Kim So Eun…” Nathan caressed her cheeks lovingly and leaned to take a sniff of her scent. “Beautiful and fragrant…” Nathan continued to trail his fingers against the fair skin of So Eun who was in a deep slumber now.

“Now the perfect lips…” Nathan bent to press his lips against hers. Desire was burning in him.

“Ki Bum, you stay here and try to break the door or something! I will go down to create havoc to get attention and to get them to open this damn door!” Ga Eul rushed down. Ki Bum stared hard at the door with the “Do Not Disturb” sign.

“Damn, what can I do?” Ki Bum pondered hard.

“Hey, there is a weird guy on the seventh floor! He just shut me out of my room!” Ga Eul screamed. “I can’t get into my own room! Give me the spare keys!”

“Sorry, lady, please keep your cool. What is the room number?” The lady at the desk asked professionally.

“Great, what is the number?” Ga Eul tried to register the picture of the door of the room in her mind.

“704!” She replied. This was easy.

“Ga Eul, where is she?” Kim Bum rushed and asked.

“Seventh floor! Ki Bum is outside! Go!” Ga Eul pushed Kim Bum forward.

“Damn, why is my phone ringing now?” Nathan cursed as he left So Eun. “Baby, I will be back for you in a while.”

“Bro, Kim Bum found out and I don’t know how. Be prepared.” It was Linda.

“Whatever, I’m tasting her already, and you are disturbing me.” Nathan ended the phone call.

“So he is coming, isn’t it?” Nathan moved on to So Eun’s shirt…

“Ring…” The fire alarm rang. That was Ki Bum’s plan to get everyone out of their rooms. He had crashed the glass to activate the fire alarm.

“Crap!” However, the Nathan man was not out with So Eun. Others were rushing out though.

“Ki Bum!” Kim Bum shouted.

“Hyung, she is in there. That bastard!” Ki Bum pointed to the room.

“Let’s crash the door down! We can do this!” With that, the two brothers worked together and knocked their shoulders against the door.

“What is up with the banging?” Nathan wondered. “There is the fire alarm too!” He was distracted from So Eun as he walked to the door.

“Quick! The fire must be there! The room is not mine! I admit that. But, you see, everyone is running, except for the people in that room! Isn’t it weird! Have some common sense, Miss!” Ga Eul pulled the lady at the desk.

“But that man is our boss!” The lady retorted.

“Just get the damn keys and get your up there! Can you be responsible if your boss accidentally caused a fire which would kill the other clients staying here?” Ga Eul was really pissed now.

The lady gulped and rushed up with Ga Eul.

“Damn, the door is not giving way!” Kim Bum scolded and he threw punches on it. “So Eun! Can you hear me?”

Nathan who was behind the door heard the voice and recognized it. “Kim Bum, so it is you then. I think I can go back to enjoy myself already.” Nathan smirked.

“Faster!” Ga Eul could not hold it down any longer. She snatched the keys and threw them to Kim Bum and Ki Bum.

The door was finally open. Kim Bum’s eyes dilated with rage when he saw Nathan on top of So Eun.

“Idiot! Bastard!” Ki Bum pounced on the guy. “Hyung, I will handle him. Take care of So Eun!”

Kim Bum nodded his head and wrapped his jacket around So Eun. He rushed out, carrying So Eun in bridal style. He gritted his teeth as he thought of the Chungs. “Despicable.”

Ga Eul went to punish Nathan physically with Ki Bum. After a few moments, as Nathan was ready to retaliate back, Ga Eul pulled Ki Bum with her and they escaped.

“Who was the one who gave them the dumb keys?” Nathan roared. The lady at the desk scurried away. “Damn.” Nathan rubbed his head. His face was ruined with the punches, and his body ached from all the beatings.

“So Eun…” Kim Bum placed her on the bed and stared hard at her sleeping face. He clenched his fists in anger as he thought of how Nathan had tried to trample on So Eun’s innocence.

“I will take revenge for that, Nathan Chung. Linda Chung, I will not let you off either.”

The doorbell rang later and in came Ga Eul and Ki Bum who were panting hard.

“How is So Eun?” They asked immediately.

“Sleeping. I swear I won’t let those two off.” Kim Bum stated.

“Count us in!” Ki Bum answered as he patted his brother’s shoulder.

The deal failed, sadly.

However, this would not be the end.

The brothers and the lady’s best friend swore for revenge.

The lady was still sleeping soundly, unaware of the happenings.

Would revenge be the best way out?

Would it cause their downfall or would they succeed?

Or would they give it up halfway?

Once a choice was made, at one particular moment, at the next moment, there would be no time for regrets. Impacts of the choice might be unknown but be the impacts beneficial or adverse; these would guide the people to move on with their lives. Destined choices; those would be the choices that they made, each and every moment.

-

ENJOY! COMMENTS!

CHEERS! THANKS!

th1rd3ye