His Cold Fury

Destined Choices [COMPLETED]
Destined Choices
CHAPTER 13

Kim Bum returned home during the wee hours and found his wife sleeping holding her handphone tightly.

His lips curved upwards.

He had chosen to return home earlier as Linda was already in deep slumber and he missed So Eun.

This was the first time he missed someone so much, particularly a lady, who was coincidentally just supposed to be his wife in name only.

A mischievous smirk replaced the smile on his face.

She was just supposed to be a brilliant tool for his plan to become a success. However, he seemed to have too many feelings placed into his tool. His tool was no longer a tool, but a living person, whom he missed.

“Great, Kim Bum?! A professional heartbreaker like you has feelings for a fake wife? How cool is that?” Kim Bum mocked at himself, silently. His eyes were fixed on the sleeping So Eun.

“An angel,” Kim Bum recalled his first impression of So Eun.

“She really looks like one innocent angel, sleeping so peacefully, with such a special aura of grace and elegance.” Kim Bum thought as he leaned forward to place a peck on her foreword.

Love was a foreign word to Kim Bum, much more unfamiliar as a feeling to him, since his status was a professional heartbreaker. Such a status would require Kim Bum never to place his real feelings on anyone or someone, much less love anyone.

He pulled her handphone carefully from her hands and placed it on the table beside their bed.

Kim Bum quickly took his shower and slipped onto the bad, besides So Eun. He playfully kissed So Eun on the lips before turning in…

Who would expect the next morning to be so disastrous?

Kim Bum woke up early and prepared breakfast for his wife. Even though he had not been returning home for nights, he made it a point to rush home and prepared himself to send her to school, so that the media would not be able to make a fuss over anything.

Indeed, the media had titled them as the “Most Perfect Couple”. They had also given up following them to school and work everyday now, since they were convinced that Kim Bum and So Eun were totally and madly in deep love with each other.

Humming a sweet love ballad to himself, Kim Bum stepped into their room.

“Kim So Eun, wake up now! Or else, Kim Ki Bum will hurry here and sweep you off your feet! Kim Ki Bum will kiss Kim So Eun! Sleeping Beauty awakes! Hahahaha!”

So Eun’s specialized alarm rang out loud.

So Eun jolted up immediately and smiled radiantly. She took her handphone and switched off her alarm. What she failed to realise were how her handphone had ended up on the table and Kim Bum’s presence in their room.

Kim Bum stood rooted to the ground.

That laughter was unmistakable.

It belonged to his younger brother, Kim Ki Bum.

Each and every word confessed by Ki Bum, to So Eun, sunk into Kim Bum’s mind.

What stung Kim Bum’s heart deeper was So Eun’s blissful reaction upon hearing the alarm.

All the days that they had being husband and wife, Kim So Eun had never showed such glowing blissfulness.

“Not with me, she was not so happy with me.” Kim Bum clenched his fists.

“What was that?” Kim Bum hissed in a low and menacing voice.

So Eun finally sensed Kim Bum’s presence and the looming danger ahead.

“Kim Bum… I…” So Eun was at a loss of words.

“What was that? Don’t make me repeat my question for the third time or you will truly regret it!” Kim Bum’s face was contorted into a frame of cool fury. Though his brows were not furrowed and his lips did not form a frown, his eyes were menacingly piercing. His fists were clenched tightly and his lips were pursed together. He was holding his fury in.

Too cold. Too angry. Too scary.

The above three adjectives were what So Eun would use to describe Kim Bum.

“It is just my alarm.” So Eun answered truthfully, with a sheepish smile on her face. She was hoping that Kim Bum would soften up a little. He had transformed into a man whom she had never seen before.

A furious man who was holding all his rage within his body, keeping his cold and hard stare, and, stony face.

He was an explosive, So Eun knew.

“Who is Ki Bum to you? I want nothing but the truth!” Kim Bum snapped.

He was losing his patience.

He was losing his logical mind.

All along, he thought he was the one in control of their whole act. He was supposed to be the dominating person. However, So Eun had cleverly hid some truth from him and he could not take it lying down.

In addition, it was related to Ki Bum.

From young, Ki Bum had been the one whom everyone cared about, after he was sick. No matter how hard Kim Bum tried to do exceptionally well in all aspects, his parents never cared for him like they do for Ki Bum.

That was why he wanted revenge.

He needed So Eun to help him get his revenge back at his parents.

He wanted full control of the company, bringing it to its greatest peak, and then to destroy the company right in the face of his parents.

He wanted to show them so desperately that business should never be as important as their sons, especially a son trying so hard to gain the parental love that he yearned so much.

However, the unexpected had caught him by surprise.

“Ki Bum is my lover.” So Eun closed her eyes and stated the truth.

“Lover.” The word pierced through Kim Bum’s heart and mind.

“Lover.” Kim Bum repeated the word to himself.

“Lover. You two are lovers! You!” Kim Bum was enraged.

He breathed in deeply, putting in much effort in stabilizing and composing himself, and ambled towards So Eun.

So Eun eyed him as he walked near her.

“I am sorry.” So Eun could only manage these three words and nothing more.

“Thanks for being sorry; but I guess, you will not be returning to school today. We have some debts to clear.” Kim Bum’s heart was palpitating hard. Logic was thrown off in his mind. Rage had taken control of him.

“Kim Bum, I …”

So Eun did not manage to complete her sentence as Kim Bum forcefully crashed his lips upon hers…

There was no turning back.

-

ENJOY! =]

http://justrightjustpleasant.blogspot.com

TAG ME! =] AND COMMENTS PLEASE! =]

CHEERS! =]

th1rd3ye