Him and Her

Destined Choices [COMPLETED]
Destined Choices
CHAPTER 10

“Kim Bum, we need your help.” So Eun called Kim Bum and smirked at Lee Min Ho.

Then, Hyun Joong and Min Ho rushed to support Hye Sun who was feeling a little dizzy after the commotion in the room. Kim Joon was chuckled at the sight. He admired So Eun for coming up with such a brilliant plan.

So Eun winked at Hyun Joong. Their plan was going well. Now, they were left with a final step.

Together, the five moved down and stood outside the exit of the hospital. Kim Bum had arrived and was advancing towards them.

“Hey, let me declare it first. This is not the favour that I ask of you. Together, we need your help and you should do your rightful part to help your friends too. So, you still owe me a favour. Get it?” So Eun whispered in Kim Bum’s ears.

Kim Bum grinned at his wife’s petty behaviour, “Araso.” In Kim Bum’s heart, he was commenting about his wife being so adorable, getting so worked up over a trivial matter.

Media reporters had gathered in masses in front of the six people who stood outside the hospital now. Flashes and voices could be heard audibly but not clearly since the reporters and media were busy taking photographs and discussing.

“Thank you for coming. We have decided to make things clear to you so I have called all of you to gather here.” Kim Bum spoke up. He had been requested by So Eun and friends to gather the media to the hospital. “My wife, Kim So Eun, is not pregnant. She has been concerned for her friend, Goo Hye Sun. and has been visiting Hye Sun who happens to be one of my friends too.” So Eun smiled gracefully at the crowd.

“Why are the famous four all here then?” a reporter shouted. This was too big a piece of news to be missed.

“Well, we are all friends of Hye Sun and …” Kim Joon spoke.

“Right now, Lee Min Ho has an announcement to make.” Hyun Joong continued, with a jovial smile which melted some of the female reporters’ hearts.

Attention was on Min Ho.

“Er-hmm.” Min Ho cleared his throat; he had never felt so humiliated before but yet he was feeling blissful at the same time. “Lee Min ho, once you get over this, you will be fine.” Min Ho convinced himself. He had to do this for himself, Hye Sun and their love.

“I, the heir of Shinhwa Company, Lee Min Ho, declare that I am going to stop being a philanderer or a flirt. I will love Goo Hye Sun with all my heart and not hurt her feelings anymore. I will be a better man and boyfriend and husband. I hereby politely dare all media to be ready to capture photographs of me having dirty ual affairs with other women in public, because I am never going to commit such acts again. Goo Hye Sun is my most beloved woman. And in front of all of you, I would like to ask her to marry me. Hye Sun, will you marry me?” Min Ho knelt down, with a proposal ring in his hands.

The other five people were shocked. Their plan was to let Min Ho confess his love for Hye Sun and made a promise to Hye Sun in front of the media that he would change to be a better man. In the hospital room, Min Ho had said the exact same words he just announced to the media, excluding the part about marriage.

Hye Sun’s tears flowed down form her eyes and she nodded her head. Min Ho jumped up and quickly grabbed Hye Sun. He pulled her into a tight embrace, slipped the ring onto her finger in haste and kissed Hye Sun passionately on the lips.

The media cheered as well as Hyun Joong and friends. Hyun Joong felt relieved at the radiant happiness showing on Hye Sun’s face. He was glad she would be blissful now and that Min Ho had proven himself to be worthy of Hye Sun’s love.

So Eun was touched by Min Ho’s words and tears were glistening in her eyes. She used her fingers to rub her eyes to prevent her tears from escaping. Kim Bum noticed it and turned So Eun to face him. He used his fingers to brush So Eun’s fringe behind, and pulled her hands down. “Silly girl,” he commented with a charming smile and pulled So Eun into an embrace. He had hugged So Eun because he cared for her; he had forgotten the presence of the media. So Eun sobbed. Their plan was an overwhelming success.

“Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” another person among the media shouted excitedly.

So Eun and friends turned to face one another, wondering what the commotion was about. Min Ho and Hye Sun were still kissing, lost in their own blissful world.

Then, the media chorused, “Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!”. They were pointing to So Eun and Kim Bum.

So Eun’s cheeks flushed in embarrassment as she looked up to see what Kim Bum’s expression was. Kim Bum was simply amused but he pressed his lips against So Eun’s. He was glad the media had requested for their kiss. He had been itching to kiss So Eun when she was sobbing in his arms. He had desired so much to caress her face lovingly but he restrained himself from doing so. He knew that this was supposed to be Min Ho and Hye Sun’s event, not So Eun and his.

-

Double Happiness. Successful Couples. Match-made in Heaven. Enchanting and Hot and Famous Couples and Their Passionate Kisses Revealed.

These were the headlines on the newspaper in the afternoon and evening. The media worked fast.

The six were now resting and savouring their dinners. They had stayed together in Kim Bum and So Eun’s house the entire day to celebrate for Min Ho and Hye Sun.

“So, should we tell them about it now?” So Eun whispered to Hyun Joong. They were alone in the balcony.

There was still one more puzzle piece to fit in – Hye Sun’s pregnancy.

Hyun Joong sighed and nodded his head.

“I will make the announcement. It has been hard on you,” So Eun patted Hyun Joong on his back. She knew his pain and his sacrifice.

“As long as she is happy, I am willing. Min Ho is basically a good man.” Hyun Joong smiled but So Eun could sense his melancholy.

“Hey! What are you two doing there? Committing adultery?” Kim Joon joked.

Hyun Joong and So Eun eyed each other and laughed loudly. They walked out of the balcony and joined the rest.

Kim Bum hugged So Eun from behind and kissed her gently on her neck. So Eun turned to face him and the two indulged in a passionate kiss on the lips. So Eun was trying to uphold her responsibility of being a good wife to Kim Bum, satisfying his desires from time to time. She did not detest being intimate with Kim Bum, but she knew she was not doing her commitments out of love, hence she felt a little guilty. However, So Eun convinced herself that it was alright since she knew Kim Bum had continued having flings too. “I am not the only unfaithful one. We both are just acting and playing along because the circumstances require us to. No harm done.”

Kim Bum had kissed So Eun because he felt like it. He could not forget the previous night with her. He missed her lips, her fragrance and the entire her . In his heart, So Eun had gained an important and special place and was irreplaceable. He desired her but he was sure that desire was not equivalent to love.

“Hyun Joong, let’s kiss too!” Kim Joon ran to catch Hyun Joong as the two couples were behaving intimately, lost in their own worlds, neglecting Kim Joon and Hyun Joong, the two highly sought after bachelors. Hyun Joong chortled and ran away from Kim Joon.

The six were having great fun.

Then So Eun stopped her kiss with Kim Bum.

“I have something to announce,” her voice rang out loud and clear.

“Hye Sun is three weeks pregnant.” The words silenced the people.

“What?” Min Ho and Hye Sun exclaimed the loudest.

“We kept it from you because you were still emotionally unstable then.” Hyun Joong interrupted before So Eun could answer.

“I am going to be a father!” Min Ho cried out.

“I am going to be a mother!” Hye Sun shrieked in surprise.

“Oh My God!” Kim Joon let out a gasp and everyone turned towards him.

Laughter filled the place.

-

Ki Bum felt a little upset when he saw the newspaper in the afternoon.

“They kissed again.” He repeated that lone to himself profusely. He had an ill premonition that he was losing So Eun.

“No, I must believe in her.” He convinced himself again and again.

-

A few weeks later, Hye Sun was to be married to Min Ho. So Eun still had not attended school yet since she was busying herself with Hye Sun’s wedding preparations.

“Hyun Joong, I think I should return this to you.” Hye Sun lifted the set of hour and minute glasses.

Hyun Joong waved his hand and answered, “There is no need to. A gift is a gift. You can pass it on to others who may need it. I can’t take it back. I have already given it to you.”

“Like my heart.” Hyun Joong continued his answer silently in his heart. His feelings for Hye Sun would never be reciprocated but he could never withdraw his feelings of love for her too.

Soon, Hye Sun was walking down the aisle. Min Ho was waiting impatiently. The two lovers were smiling gleefully.

“Mr Lee Min ho, will you take Miss Goo Hye Sun to be your wedded wife …” The priest had wanted to continue but was interrupted by Lee Min Ho’s anxious answer, “Yes, I do and I do! Just get on with it quickly!”

Hye Sun nudged Min Ho, frowning. Hye Sun wanted a perfect and romantic wedding but Min Ho’s anxiety was embarrassing but at the same time Hye Sun could feel his strong love for her.

The people laughed and the media snapped more photographs. Ki Bum was attending the wedding ceremony too. He felt joyous for Hye Sun but yet dejected because he had missed the wedding ceremony between Kim Bum and So Eun. He could have objected to their marriage then and things would have been different.

Ki Bum eyed So Eun in her simple bridesmaid gown. She was still as beautiful as ever and Kim Bum was also handsomely dressed in his groomsman suit. “They looked so perfect and compatible together.” Ki Bum thought bitterly.

The wedding ceremony proceeded on.

“Miss Goo Hye Sun, will you take Mr Lee Min Ho to be your wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till in death you part?”

“Yes, I do.” Hye Sun declared meekly and blissfully.

“And with this ring I thee wed, and with my body I thee honor, and pledge my faithfulness,” Hye Sun pinched Min Ho’s arm, implying forcefully for him to slowly exchange the sacred vows.

The two of them exchanged and Min Ho hastily lifted up Hye Sun’s veil and kissed her. He then carried her in his arms and ran. Hye Sun laughed in sheer delight and surprise.

The groom and bride had left hurriedly.

Chortles and chuckles echoed in the hall.

“Does that remind you of our marriage?” Kim Bum probed So Eun as he went forward to hold her hand.

So Eun smiled and nodded her head, staring at the floor. Their wedding was not a pleasant experience for her. She had married Kim Bum due to circumstances but Min Ho and Hye Sun married out of love.

Kim Bum chuckled once again as he recalled about their wedding night. So Eun’s tears at the wedding ceremony and her calling out his name on their first night of marriage were fond memories as he truly believed that So Eun had happily married him despite seemingly forced to.

The wedding dinner was a success too. So Eun met Ki Bum but was unable to converse much with him since she was pulled away by Kim Bum to socialize with other rich important guests.

Ki Bum could only maintain a weak plastered smile on his face as he moved back to his seat. He did not want to spoil the buoyant spirits of people but his heart ached at the sight of his brother holding hands with So Eun, walking further and further away from him.

So Eun too felt that Ki Bum and she were becoming more and more distant. “Never mind, I will be going back to school soon. Everything will be fine.”

-
ENJOY! <3
CHEERS TO ALL
th1rd3ye