Her Smile

Destined Choices [COMPLETED]
Destined Choices
CHAPTER 16

“So Eun, I am going for work! I have applied leave for you today. Hyun Joong and Kim Joon will be coming here to accompany you. Take care!” Kim Bum told So Eun in his soothing voice. He knew that her sorrow would not be easily gone overnight. Thus, he decided to leave her some time.

However, Kim Bum’s faith in her was still wavering, even though So Eun had broken up with Ki Bum, right in front of him. Therefore, he had called Hyun Joong and Kim Joon over. He needed people to help him look after So Eun.

So Eun merely nodded her head as she could understand that Kim Bum could not place total trust in her. In addition, she missed Hyun Joong and would love to seek some wisdom from him. Kim Joon would be fun to hang out with. Maybe she would feel better after meeting these two men.

So Eun then stared hard at her new handphone which Kim Bum had gotten for her. Her previous phone was down the chute, into a heap of garbage. To her surprise, Kim Bum had messaged her right after he stepped out not long ago.

“Hey, take care! I will be back early tonight. We will have dinner outside. Have fun with Hyun Joong and Joon!”

So Eun gave a little smile to herself. She could sense Kim Bum’s concern towards her but she was still not in love with him and his questionable antics used against her. No doubt, she had some positive feelings towards Kim Bum, but So Eun was sure that it was not love yet.

Just then, the door bell rang and So Eun found herself meeting Hyun Joong.

“Hey! Are you alright?” Hyun Joong asked with a knowing smile, as he handed a black box to So Eun.

“What is this?” So Eun opened the box to find her getting hold of the set of the hour to minute glasses.

“This is some form of therapy. This is for you to gradually to learn to forget and let go. The biggest one is an hour long and the smallest is one minute. You only allow yourself to think of him starting from an hour a day, after that, you should think of the love the two of you shared and him, lesser and lesser…” Hyun Joong explained.

“You are passing this to me? You have moved on?” So Eun questioned gently. She knew about Hyun Joong’s unwavering love for Hye Sun. Sacrificing for Hye Sun again and again, Hyun Joong had shown his unconditional love but had never asked for any repay.

“I decided to move on. That’s all. I know she is in good hands. I still think about her now and then, but I guess, I had to succumb to time and reality. You need this...” Hyun Joong was interrupted by the doorbell.

Kim Joon arrived.

“Hey! I can’t believe you are so daring!” Kim Joon playfully winked and gave So Eun a pat on her shoulder.

So Eun let out a short chortle.

“Thanks for the compliment!” So Eun replied and then kept the demure smile on her face.

“Hey, don’t be upset! I know it is hard on you! However, life is like that! You can’t always get what you want! Let’s have fun today!” Kim Joon was being really enthusiastic. So Eun turned to look at Hyun Joong who was shaking his head with a wry smile.

The three of them ended up in a gigantic shopping centre, which was empty. The shopping centre was under Kim Bum’s company and he had specially closed the centre, making it solely available to So Eun. As So Eun stepped inside the shopping centre, she was greeted by the many staff who bowed politely to her.

So Eun was slightly at the grand treatment towards her. Silently, she was thankful and a little touched by Kim Bum and his preparations, though he was the one who indirectly caused her deep grief.

“Wow, princess! Let’s move on!” Kim Joon excitedly pulled So Eun into one of the clothing store while Hyun Joong shook his head with a knowing smile on his face.

“So Eun, you should think positive! Having Kim Bum as your husband means you can get access to all the latest, newest and prettiest clothings and accessories, easily and quickly. In addition, they are all free! How great can that be?” Kim Joon jokingly spoke like a salesperson, busy promoting and advertising. His sudden change from a cool man into someone so jovial made So Eun chuckle genuinely with delight.

Hyun Joong started browsing through the fashion magazines on the great glass table, where a clear crystal vase beholding a dozen of roses was. No doubt, he had decided to move. However, now and then, images of Hye Sun would appear in his mind. He was distracted but he would always manage to keep a straight face on. Now, he stared at the roses.

They were beautiful, with their bright red, so striking and dazzling. However, there were little and almost unnoticeable thorns on them. “The roses are like love… Dazzling and dangerous…” Hyun Joong smiled to himself.

“So Eun, hurry and go try all of those on! As a respectable Mrs Kim, you need more of these clothes! Go! Go! Go!” Kim Joon was really attempting his best to help So Eun. Hyun Joong wondered why Kim Joon was being extraordinarily helpful this time round. Also, Hyun Joong caught the gaze from So Eun. She was clearly pleading for help to get out of the trying-clothes situation. He just shrugged his shoulders and walked towards the two of them.

“So Eun, just try them on. You should try something new!” Hyun Joong winked and gently shoved her in. So Eun let out a soft grunt as she succumbed.

“Joon, what’s wrong with you?” Hyun Joong asked.

“What is wrong with me? Obviously, there is nothing wrong with me! What’s wrong with you?” Kim Joon retorted.

“You are extremely helpful…” Hyun Joong paused as he scrutinised Kim Joon’s expression softened.

“Well, I guess she deserves a better treatment. Bum is not exactly the best husband. In fact, he may be the worst husband ever. He is always out with other girls, doing this and that work and not caring enough for his wife. So Eun is really a great girl! I mean she really loves and cares for people around her. Min Ho, Hye Sun, Ki Bum and Ga Eul… I can see she cares a lot for you too! Maybe I haven’t been that close with her but I can see that she surely deserves a better treatment. Even towards Kim Bum, she tries her best.” Kim Joon replied, ending with a sigh. That was truly why he had been trying so hard to cheer her up. He treated her as a proper friend and he did admire So Eun for her valour and strength.

Hyun Joong nodded his head in agreement and patted Kim Joon on the shoulder. “Great observations, buddy! How’s your life now?”

Kim Joon eyed Hyun Joong suspiciously and answered, “My life is getting more hectic. I guess I have to move to Singapore soon… My parents want me to get exposed to the countries which are developing and industrializing rapidly. Singapore is the first stop planned for me. After that, there is Japan, China and Indonesia… I don’t know!”

“Really? I am going overseas too. I am going to take a little break.” Hyun Joong gave a dreamy gaze.

“You are always so relaxed and you are still going to take a break?” Kim Joon inquired sarcastically.

“You!” Hyun Joong gently slapped Kim Joon’s shoulder.

“Guys, I am out!” So Eun stepped out of the dressing room. She was dressed in a satin dark blue dress. The dress perfectly suited her. Without straps, So Eun’s fair shoulders were nicely in view. With her long hair let down, she appeared like a lost fairy. The dress was also above her knees, exposing her pretty legs as well. Even with light make-up, So Eun was gorgeous. In addition, the little glossy crystals sewed on the edges of the dress glittered and enhanced So Eun’s beauty.

“Wow!” Kim Joon gasped while Hyun Joong merely glared at So Eun. They both knew she was pretty with an air of elegance. However, she had really surpassed the mortally beauty then, especially with the dreamy and melancholic gaze plus her demure smile.

“So Eun, you look really very beautiful!” Hyun Joong finally broke the silence.

“Really? Thank you!” So Eun then turned to Kim Joon, waiting for his comment.

“So Eun, you just made me feel… You just made me feel very jealous of Kim Bum!” Kim Joon stated truthfully.

So Eun giggled at his comment. “I am going to try the next one then!”

“Alright, we will make sure you get that dress! Kim Bum will be thrilled!” Kim Joon called out loudly. “Hopefully, Bum will be more appreciative.”

Hyun Joong agreed with Kim Joon.

Next, So Eun stepped out in a red dress, baring her back. Two thin straps intertwined at the back, holding the dress in place, revealing her curves and slim waist. A new image of So Eun was conjured as she looked strikingly and enchantingly beautiful. She was seductive in a way, despite her shyness.

The day proceeded on, with So Eun trying on more clothes and accessories. The three of them went to have a sumptuous dinner and ate tubs of ice cream, sharing jokes and stories about the people who they knew.

Meanwhile, Kim Bum received an invitation from the Chungs’ company. The Chungs’ company was a globalised company and known to be up and coming. It was a strong opponent for the Kims’ company. The Chungs’ company was organizing a social party for the top people in Korea. It would be a good opportunity to get more business opportunities.

However, for years, the Chungs’ company had been organizing such social affairs. For years, the Kims’ company had never been invited. Apparently, the president of the Chungs’ company had changed this year. The son of the older Chung had decided to retire.

Kim Bum was contemplating about the true reasons until he was distracted by a multimedia message from Kim Joon. The multimedia message revealed a grinning So Eun. Apparently, the shot was a surprise shot which So Eun should not be aware of.

“She is happier now, brother!”

Kim Bum smiled gleefully.

-

HELLOS! E N J O Y !

C O M M E N T

P L E A S E !

= ]

T H A N K S !

= D

L O V E S & C H E E R S & A L L T H E B E S T !

t h 1 r d 3 y e