Her Call

Destined Choices [COMPLETED]
Destined Choices
CHAPTER 8

“These newspapers are so idiotic!” So Eun complained. Ki Bum had messaged her to take a look at the newspaper published. The headlines were about So Eun frequenting a hospital and the rumour about her being pregnant. Being Mrs Kim was not easy.

“Ignore the newspapers. They are nonsense.” So Eun replied Ki Bum. She wondered if Kim Bum had known about her being followed, but she chose not to message the narcissist. “Just in case he thought I care about him. As the great Kim Bum, who was known for his scandals, I am sure he had his way of handling all these media and nonsense.”

A tap on So Eun’s shoulders interrupted So Eun’s train of thoughts.

“Hyun Joong Oppa,” So Eun called out.

“So what do you think we should do?” Hyun Joong asked.

“Let’s make use of Hye Sun’s hospitalization then. This is that Lee Min Ho’s one last chance. If he does not grab it, show us that he loves Hye Sun, I will matchmake you and Hye Sun.” So Eun replied, smiling.

Hyun Joong let out a small chuckle. He truly admired So Eun for her bravery and ideas. “That means I have to inform Min Ho about Hye Sun’s hospitalization then.” Hyun Joong returned to his usual gloomy and silent self.

“I can do that if you don’t want to. It will be fun to talk to him again!” So Eun volunteered.

Hyun Joong chortled again at So Eun’s silly excited expression. “But about Hye Sun’s pregnancy, let’s just keep it under the wraps first. I don’t think Hye Sun needs another reminder of Min Ho. She will get hurt further.”

“Agree. But Hyun Joong Oppa, you have to ensure that Hye Sun stay in the hospital for a few more days without her suspecting her real situation.”

“Why? Create more time for you and Ki Bum to see each other?” Hyun Joong joked. He was initially shocked about So Eun committing adultery with none other than Kim Bum’s younger brother, Ki Bum. However, after his observation, he knew and understood Ki Bum and So Eun really loved each other. Furthermore, he understood the pain of not being able to be with the person one loves, thus, he decided to help So Eun hide her sin too.

“Oppa!” So Eun blushed, “I mean that Lee Min Ho needs some time to come back here and visit Hye Sun. So, Hye Sun obviously needs to stay hospitalized for a few more days.”

“Alright, I will make the necessary arrangements with the doctors and the nurses. Here is your man,” Hyun Joong pointed to the advancing figure.

So Eun embarrassingly smacked Hyun Joong lightly on his shoulder, “I will call that Lee Min Ho!”

Hyun Joong smiled and walked away to find the doctors.

So Eun met up with Ki Bum and they hugged. Ki Bum had been rushing to the hospital after school to meet So Eun and accompany her and Hye Sun. So Eun was glad that she had Ki Bum, but at the same time, she felt a little guilty towards Hye Sun who just lost her love.

“Ki Bum, help me take care of Hye Sun Unni for a while, please. I have to make a call to that Lee Min Ho!” So Eun pushed Ki Bum into Hye Sun’s room and walked off.

“Hye Sun Unni, how are you feeling today?” Ki Bum asked politely. Hye Sun stopped browsing her magazine and turned to look at the young gentleman, Ki Bum. He had been great company to her, even though Hye Sun knew his main aim in coming was to meet So Eun, she was still glad to have him present to keep her company. He was just like a younger brother.

“I am fine, thank you. How about you?” Hye Sun replied and the two continued to talk like siblings, sharing their day with each other.

So Eun tapped her fingers on the wall as she waited for Lee Min Ho to pick up the call.

“Aish! Why is that Lee Min Ho not picking up his call? This is your last chance, dumb man!” So Eun reprimanded, though she knew Min Ho could not have heard her.

“Hello? Mr Lee Min Ho is busy right now. Please leave your message after the beep. Thank you.”

“Irritating Lee Min Ho!” So Eun shouted into her phone after she heard the beep and continued, “Hye Sun is in hospital right now. Too much stress and fatigue. If you still want to see and care for her, hurry back. Before I keep her to myself and you know you will regret. You must have been ill-treating her. I am just informing you out of courtesy since you are Hye Sun’s EX-BOYFIREND. Hyun Joong Oppa is taking good care of her, for your information. That’s all.” So Eun ended the call.

She had purposely emphasized on the fact that Min Ho was just Hye Sun’s ex-boyfriend and highlighted that Hyun Joong was the one taking care of Hye Sun. She wanted him to feel jealous and worried; in addition, he had been prideful, he would not allow others to think that he was one who would mistreat women. That would definitely spoil his image.

So Eun returned to Hye Sun’s room and began to peel an orange.

-

Meanwhile, Min Ho was drinking liquor as if it was plain water. His feelings were greatly hurt by Hye Sun. He realised the love he had for her was much more than he had ever thought. No doubt, she was his girlfriend for the longest time. However, he never thought he would have really fall in love with her.

The fact that she had initiated the break-up and her lack of contact with him went to prove that Hye Sun was serious and determined in leaving him. That fact upset him. He wanted to call her and hold her back but his pride was holding his desires back.

“Stupid phone! Stop vibrating!” Min Ho shouted at his phone and threw it down on the floor.

However, someone behind stopped him from doing so.

“Buddy, it is time to go back.”

It was Kim Joon. He could not bear to see Min Ho staying alone in a foreign land. Kim Joon knew Min Ho was at fault but the four of them had been used to womanizing. It might have been a tad too difficult for Lee Min Ho to change, but Kim Joon could see that Min Ho loves Hye Sun, thus he decided to return back to pay Min Ho a visit and drag him back to retain Hye Sun before everything was too late.

“Look, you had a message, it may be Hye Sun. Take a look,” Kim Joon cajoled.

Min Ho silently pressed on the button of his handphone, seeing the message. “Voice massage?” he thought and continued with the operations needed.

So Eun’s voice message was played and Min Ho listened.

“Stupid woman. How can you not take care of yourself when I am not around you? Aish!” Min Ho suddenly became sober and he ordered Kim Joon to help him get the air tickets back to Korea, as soon as possible.

“Woman, your man is going back for you. Hyun Joong, thanks for taking care of her, but I think I am the man for her.” Min Ho mumbled to himself determinedly. Kim So Eun had smartly manipulated his personality traits.

-

Kim Bum was ready for his commercial photo shoot. His new project for the merged company was to promote couple attires. No doubt, the news about So Eun’s so-called pregnancy had reached him and he only laughed at it. He knew Hye Sun was hospitalized so he had already called the largest news agency to report that a friend of So Eun was hospitalized. He had no need to do that but he knew So Eun could not have really known how to solve such a matter regarding the media. In fact, by telling the news agency the truth, Kim Bum knew that once the newspapers were published, Kim So Eun would definitely leave a good impression to the public. Then, if So Eun appealed to the mass public, it would be useful for Kim Bum and the merged company.

Kim Bum saw the female model wearing the other half of the couples’ attire. No doubt, she looked good but something was missing. Kim Bum counted the couples’ attires designed and to be promoted.

“Black and white, blue and pink, green and yellow … plus the jackets… No, this is not right.” Kim Bum immediately called for a change of female model. However, after viewing the few models wearing the clothes, Kim Bum was still dissatisfied.

Kim Bum played with his wedding ring while waiting for another female model to appear. Then he got it. He knew who he wanted for the photo shoot.

“Tell the next model that she is not needed, I will get my model. Mianhae, my dearest photographer, you may have to wait for some time. Anson, take this money and treat the people here to lunch.” Kim Bum grinned in self-pleasure as he thought about his plans. “This would be a big hit.”

The photographer was taken aback at Kim Bum’s polite remarks. Kim Bum had always been insolent and had disregarded others’ efforts and time but he had behaved differently then. “Marriage really changes a man,” the photographer mumbled and chuckled to him.

-

“Hello?” So Eun answered her call. “Kim Bum?” So Eun turned to look at Ki Bum and Hye Sun.

“I am in the hospital. Why?” So Eun questioned, “Hello? Hello?”

“He ended the call. I wonder what is wrong with him.” So Eun grumbled.

Ki Bum grabbed So Eun’s hand to assure her and him that everything was just fine. So Eun smiled at Ki Bum’s reaction. She knew he cared and loved her. Hye Sun smiled, watching the two of them. It did hurt her, watching them being so blissful in love and so courageous to forsake the morals for love, but Hye Sun convinced herself that she too would find a man worthy of her love.

Hyun Joong then stepped in and Ki Bum and So Eun released their hands off each other.

“Oops, sorry.” Hyun Joong chuckled and took a seat, focusing his gaze on Hye Sun.

“Feeling better? The doctor said you have to stay in the hospital for a few more days to ensure ample rest. You have been overwhelmed with work and this is the time to rest. No arguments, please, Hye Sun. You need this break.” Hyun Joong affirmed. Hye Sun nodded her head obediently. She had been told that she fainted due to too much stress and fatigue.

So Eun went to pat Hye Sun’s hand and gave Hye Sun a smile of encouragement. Then, So Eun patted Hyun Joong’s hand. “Thanks for all the help for Hye Sun.”

Hyun Joong returned a smile conspiratorially, “My pleasure.”

Then, suddenly, Kim Bum burst into the room.

“Oh hi, everyone! So Eun, I need you! Let’s go!” Kim Bum grabbed So Eun’s hand and the two of them took off.

“Hey! What is this about?” So Eun asked Kim Bum when they were in his car speeding off. “Are you trying to kill me?”

“No, I am trying to help our company.” Kim Bum stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

“Mwoh?” So Eun was bewildered.

“For this season, we are coming up with couple wear. I cannot possibly continue with the commercial photo shoot without my wife, right? You are my other half.” Kim Bum grinned and turned to give a light peck on So Eun’s cheek.

“Aish! There you go taking advantage of me again. I get it. I have to be your model.” So Eun complained.

“Smart wife.” Kim Bum praised.

“Don’t be too happy. You owe me a favour.” So Eun decided to make the best of this situation.

“Sure, what favour?” Kim Bum readily agreed.

“I will tell you when I know what favour I have to ask of you.” So Eun casually stated.

“Alright. And let me warn you first, reporters and the media are going to keep following us around. So I may really be taking advantage of you all the time.” Kim Bum winked at So Eun.

“Araso.(Alright)” So Eun replied nonchalantly. She knew she had to take Kim Bum’s kisses since she was his wife. They were husband and wife in name and physically but not emotionally. They needed each other and so they stayed together, not because they wanted each other. It was necessary for them to stick together.

When they finally reached the venue for the photo shoot, So Eun quickly changed into the clothes and allowed the make-up artists to have her make-up done.

“Beautiful and perfect!” Kim Bum commented when So Eun appeared ready for the commercial photo shoot.

Kim Bum then pulled So Eun into an embrace and whispered to her, “Remember that we are husband and wife now, promoting couple wears.”

Kim Bum and So Eun then began posing.

Kim Bum would give a peck on So Eun’s cheek and So Eun would act embarrassed and vice versa.

Kim Bum piggybacked So Eun.

So Eun placed her head on Kim Bum’s shoulder.

The two of them an ice-cream together.

Kim Bum used his jacket and hugged So Eun within it.

Kim Bum and So Eun kissed on the lips, holding hands.

Kim Bum and So Eun stared intently into each other’s eyes.

The photo shoot was a total success, with Kim Bum and So Eun effectively showing the perfect chemistry and the compatibility in wearing the beautifully designed couple wears.

“You two are absolutely made for each other! Good job! Let’s pack, people!” The photographer praised genuinely.

Kim Bum grinned as he held tightly onto So Eun’s hand. “Let’s go! I shall treat you to dinner.”

“But we are still in the couple wear.” So Eun thought they had to return their clothes.

“All the better,” Kim Bum pulled So Eun.

They then ate at a high-class restaurant. Kim Bum kept feeding So Eun and vice versa. So Eun also helped Kim Bum to wipe off the excess sauce on Kim Bum’s lips. Part of them was doing all these for the sake of the reporters who were hiding and snapping photographs while part of them was doing it because they really felt like it.

When they reached Kim Bum’s car after their dinner, Kim Bum kissed So Eun passionately. So Eun did not resist it and she wrapped her arms around Kim Bum’s waist.

Both of them knew that they had enjoyed the photo shoot, the dinner, the kiss and all of the times they spent with each other. When they reached home, So Eun quickly switched off her handphone. She had no time to reply to Ki Bum’s message and Kim Bum had started kissing her neck.

“So Eun …” Kim Bum called out lovingly.

“Damn. Why must he be so seductive?” So Eun cursed in her heart. Kim Bum was a charming husband and despite her logical mind protesting violently, she still gave in to Kim Bum. Afterall, they were husband and wife in name and in physical terms.

-

Ki Bum stared at his handphone and could not sleep. This night was a lonely night for him.

-
HIP HIP HOORAY! ENJOY!!!! THIS CHPT TOOK ME HOURS AND LIKE ABOUT 5-6 PAGES ON MICROSOFT WORD. ENJOY!!!! THANKS FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL COMMENTS! =D

cheers
th1rd3ye