Her Secret

Destined Choices [COMPLETED]
Destined Choices
Chapter 1

-

“Ki Bum …” she called out lovingly as she caressed his cheek. “I love you.”

Ki Bum drew So Eun into a deeper and more passionate kiss and confessed to her, “I love you too.”

Together, the two were in Ki Bum’s little apartment. The two had been a couple dating in secret for two years now. Being classmates for years in the same public high school and university, they would always help each other whenever they could. Afterall, both of them were gracious gentleman and lady. An attraction soon formed between the two of them and they began their relationship in secrecy. To their friends, they were just the best of friends and nothing more.

So Eun inhaled a deep breath as vivid memories of the past Ki Bum and her shared. She recalled how he had asked her to become his girlfriend on a Valentine’s Day …

Seventeen year-old Kim KiBum had asked So Eun out on Valentine’s Day and they met at the amusement park. They had been classmates, friends and best friends. Ki Bum was afraid that by asking her to be his girlfriend, he would spoil everything he had. However, if he did not even try, he would regret totally.

They went on rides and finally, on the Ferris wheel, he confessed to her.

“So Eun, I love you. I hope that you will agree to be my girlfriend. I am not too good with sweet words, but all I want to say is, I will respect your decision and stay by your side till the end. I will always try my very best to double your joy and halve your sorrows. That is the least that I can do.” Ki Bum’s eyes sparkled with delightfulness and anticipation as he finally was able to tell So Eun his true hidden feelings.

So Eun was silent though, tears started streaming down her face. She had always thought he was not going to ask. She was deeply in love with him too. She nodded her head and from then on, they became a sweet loving couple, though they hid the fact from all their friends and family.

So Eun was pulled back to the reality from her memories when Ki Bum’s lips started moving down to her neck and then her shoulder. She knew she had been waiting for this day and she was planning to let it happen today. She moved her fingers down to the buttons of her shirt and started ing them.

“So Eun …” Ki Bum gave a shocked expression. “I am sorry. I … I …”

“Ki Bum, I want to belong to you.” That was So Eun’s sincere reply.

On that particular night, they lost themselves to each other due to love. So Eun did enjoy this night but upon scrutinizing Ki Bum’s peaceful sleeping face, two stinging tears carved a path down her cheeks. Ki Bum’s comment a few moments ago hit her hard.

“So Eun, I love you. Thank you for spending such an unforgettable night with me, though I think we had been kissing like there was no tomorrow. However, I just love everything about you.” Ki Bum chuckled slightly and kissed So Enl on her lips again.

“No tomorrow, indeed. I am sorry, Ki Bum. I love you.” So Eun kissed Ki Bum gently on his lips and prepared to leave.

She closed the door of Ki Bum’s apartment carefully, not making any noises, for fear of waking Ki Bum up. She had to leave or else she would let her emotions get the better of her and that would lead to deadly consequences. No matter what, she was thankful for being his girlfriend for two years. Though they argued at times, the times they spent together formed the best moments of her life, with true love and blissfulness felt. She had lied to her parents, claiming that he was just a best friend for fear of abrupt disruptions in his life.

She was now in a cab and her destination was the airport.

“Goodbye, Ki Bum. Goodbye, everyone and everything here.” She mumbled sadly. On the way, the conversation that she had with her parents a week ago kept playing in her mind …

“Kim So Eun! You are going to get married to one of the two sons of the Kims, Enterprise. Do you want the elder brother or younger brother?” Mr Kim Jung, So Eun’s father, had asked in a jovial tone.

“Father! What are you talking about?” So Eun was utterly shocked beyond words. She had visited her parents since they called her to, or else, she would be lazing around in her dormitory.

“Your marriage is in two weeks’ time, in Italy.” Mrs Kim forcibly shot out the words honestly.

“Mother!” So Eun knew she would lose this time round. Her parents had obviously made all the arrangements.

“Kim So Eun, know your place as the daughter of our Kim Company. Do you know that Kims’ Enterprise was our greatest enemy? By marrying you off to one of the heirs, we will greatly benefit. We have been suffering tremendous losses ever since the Kims Enterprise made use of their elder son, Kim Bum, to model for their clothes? You, however, refuse to acknowledge yourself as our daughter or help us to model for any of the products. So you must be married!” Mr Kim was going berserk. In fact, he knew that the Kims Enterprise saw their Kim Company as a thorn in the flesh as well. By proposing marriage, they knew that Kim Company would no longer be of a threat, especially since it had been suffering.

“Alright then.” So Eun knew she could no longer argue. She was tired and she understood her parents. They were suffering too. Indeed, as their daughter, she had done nothing to help them. She visited them when they called for her, she always tried to argue that she wanted to lead her own life outside; she had got her wish but left her parents alone, by themselves. She hated being born as such a rich young lady who always had to perform to perfection, she wanted to escape. However, her ‘escape’ from all these stress and expectations for being Kim So Eun, the only daughter, of the owners of Kim Company, for three years.

“Who am I supposed to marry? Am I supposed to meet him?” So Eun gave up her decision to resist and escape by herself, but her heart stuttered at the thought of Ki Bum. All the more, she knew she had to marry one of the heirs to the Kims Enterprise, so that her parents would not bring any harm to him and her other friends.

“We were hoping that you will marry the younger son. He has not been exposed to the media at all yet and there were rumours that he was not known as he was being trained to become the successor to Kims Enterprise. Kim Bum, the elder son, on the other hand, had too much exposure and negative rumours. Most likely, you would meet him once before the wedding.” Mrs Kim replied nonchalantly. Deep in her heart, she did not want So Eun to marry anyone related to Kims Enterprise, especially not the heirs to it. She had no choice too since Kim Company was really suffering now.

The Kims Enterprise and the Kim Company were the two big companies, in Korea, which sold clothes and other accessories. The competition between them was always stiff. However, this particular year, twenty-one year old Kim Bum, son of the owners of Kims Enterprise, modeled for the clothings and accessories, which were big hits in the market.

His friendly appearances made people feel close to him, and with his dimples, he easily charmed many females into buying the products from Kims Enterprise. In addition, he was born to be a striking star as no matter what he wore, he always looked perfect. This led males to thinking that if they wore the same clothes, they could become equally charming.

The competition was indeed too tough, since Kim Company could not find anyone to match up with Kim Bum to do the modeling for their products. Clients had decided to withdraw and invest in Kims Enterprise instead. Moreover, Kim Bum had a lot of rumours and scandals surrounding him; however, that made him become the limelight. Reporters would flock to interview him and he soon became the lead of trends.

“Then I will marry the elder son, Kim Bum, instead.” So Eun declared. Her words were like a big slap towards the cheeks of her parents. They gasped.

“Are you serious?” Mrs Kim asked worriedly.

“I am very serious. I am going back to my room now.” So Eun calmly composed herself and left. She knew Kim Bum. He was everywhere around her; in the newspapers, magazines and a hot topic in females’ conversations. She had no feelings of admiration or detest towards him even though he had a ‘bad boy’ image due to his scandals or that he was a ‘lady-killer’ with his adorable smiles. She could not bother to care about all these.

“Ki Bum …” she murmured between sobs as she lay on her bed. So Eun had wanted to marry the elder Kim Bum instead of the younger unknown son to spite her parents. She understood that her parents would never want her to marry such a jerk but she intentionally chose and declared seriously and clearly that she wanted to marry him.

“I am using my future happiness to anger my parents. How pathetic,” So Eun thought despondently.

“Passengers on Flight X0906 to Italy, please tighten your safety belts. The plane is going to take off …”

So Eun once again was pulled back to the reality; and she let her tears flowed.

“At least Father and Mother have given me one week to settle my matters. At least I am Ki Bum’s woman. At least …” So Eun could not stop thinking and sobbing.

-

ENJOY! HOPE TO RECEIVE MORE COMMENTS! SORRY. CANT REPLY COMMENTS TODAY. RUSHING OFF TO UPDATE OTHER FANFICS! PLEASE COMMENT!!!! =D

cheers.
th1rd3ye