such unexpectations

When Music Makes Us One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She stares at her image from the mirror. She looked horrible. Hair messy, puffy red eyes, skin paler than ever. If only she did cry so much earlier, she wouldn’t have looked half bad. She takes out her brush from her bag and brushes her hair back to perfection. She then washes her face, only using the bathroom soap for help. When she looks up, she finds herself a bit better, but she still wasn’t contented. She waits another 20 minutes in the bathroom before she comes out.

“Soojung!” Jessica runs to Krystal and cupped her face. Jessica’s face could tell that she was really worried.

“Soojung, what’s wrong? You were gone for so long?” she asked numerous questions in which Krystal didn’t reply a single one. She holds her sister’s hands and pulls them away from her face.

“I’m fine unnie.” She said and gave a small smile. But Jessica didn’t believe what she said, even though her emotions looked fine. Krystal was a natural born actress; she was good at hiding her emotions.

“You’re hiding something from me.” She mumbles. Krystal again gives her a small smile and pulled her with her.

“Let’s just go home. Kris must be waiting.” She said.

 

“I swear Kim Jongin, if you ever make another scene like that again. I’m gonna make sure that keyboard of yours at home is gonna stay at the dubster. For real!” Hyoeon shouts at Kai as the two walk out from the school. Kai ignores the people staring at his state right now. As well as Hyoyeon.

“Geez you’re a loud mouth.” He said and earned a smack in the head.

“I’m serious here Kai!” she yelled out his nickname, earning everyone’s attention, including the schoo guard. Kai finally came to his sense that it’s getting embarrassing to be watched by a lot of people. He pulls Hyoyeon’s head down, along his, and he hurriedly walks to their car.

“Yah! Are you crazy?!” he releases his hand on Hyoyeon’s head and raged.

“If you didn’t cause trouble then that wouldn’t have happen!” Hyoyeon shot back and folded her arms. Kai rolled his eye, feeling a bit defeated.

“Let’s just go?” he said and opened the car door. Hyoyeon scoffed and was going to go in when she noticed a familiar guy in a red open car, like hers but his was red.

He had blonde hair, a tall figure that fitted for a model and he was wearing his black Rayban shades. His attire was simple, a plain raglan shirt and jeans with converse on. He was leaning on his car and when he took off his shades…

“Kris?!” Hyoyeon’s voice jolted which made Kai aware. Kris turns to see who was calling his name and was surprised to see Hyoyeon and Kai. He smiles slyly and approaches the two.

“Hey! It’s been a long time.” He greets them and his hands placed in his pocket.

“How have you been Hyoyeon?” he asked and offered a hand to Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon was still silent. That cry baby before turned into a ravishing model like guy. Boy, puberty must have stricken him that much she thought.

“I-I’m fine. It’s good to see you again Kris.” She accepted the handshake. Kris nodded and changes his direction the Kai, who was startled seeing him more matured than ever.

“Hey there Jongin. Nice to see you again.” He also offered a hand to Kai who took a very long time to notice Kris’s offering. He shakes back and only replied with a nod. Kris somehow felt a sticky sensation when he touched Kai’s skin. When he pulled his hands away, his hands smelled like strawberry.

“Hmm, moisturizer maybe.” He mumbles, thankfully Kai didn’t listen.

“So have you two seen Krystal and Jessica anywhere?” he asked the two Kim’s who were in a state of silence. Kai didn’t know what to reply, he also doesn’t want to mention what happened to him and his sister. Kris actually meant to ask that question, he just wanna now if he’s getting along with Krystal or not.

“Look I know you guys aren’t going a long but at least tell me if you’ve seen my sisters, Kai?” then something different comes into Kai’s mind. Kris just called him by his nickname, how did he know about his nickname.

“H-hyung? How’d you –“Kris cuts his sentence.

“Why I know you’re nickname? Simple, Krystal told me.” Kris answered before Kai could finish his question.

His eyes widen. Krystal has been talking about him to her family? Kai got more curious and wanted to asked more but then.

“Kris!” someone’s voice joins in the party. The three turned around to find the two Jung sis slowly making their way.

“There you guys are! What took you so long?” Kris asked but he wasn’t coming towards the sisters, he slowly made his way to Kai’s side. Again, another one of his attempt to get things back to normal. When Jessica was coming over to Kris, Krystal immediately stopped her track and went to the red car. Kris cursed at how smart his sister can be.

“Yah! Kris! Are you listening?!” Jessica tugged his sleeves to get his attention.

“Huh?” finally Kris noticed Jessica’s existence. She shot him a cold look before saying something.

“Let’s go you!” she said and pulled him back to the car.

“I’ll see you next time Hyo.” She turns to Hyoyeon and gave her a sweet smile. Hyoyeon didn’t know Jessica would be this bipolar.

“Uh, okay.” She waves to Jessica as she pushes Kris inside the car.

 

Kai wasn’t paying any attention to all the drama that was happening. He was staring at Krystal the whole time. He watches her walk to the car and when she slams the door shut, she takes her seat at the back seat and waits for her sister and brother to finish arguing. He was hoping she could turn around a bi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter