fantasizing thy future ahead

When Music Makes Us One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai leans his back on the red gate with one leg supporting him and hands in pockets. The weather today was very beautiful, the sun shining brightly, the air so scented, birds tweeting all around, but something’s bugging him. His breathing seems abnormal. He’s foot is so unbalance that it was shaking. He was sweating like he has never sweated before and yet he was wearing a plain denim polo. Why is he acting like this?

“Why do you keep on positioning yourself like that?” a sharp voice comes from the side. Kai felt shock, he almost stumbled to the ground but he manages to catch a branch that was able to hold his weight. When he stood up properly, he found Krystal with her arms folded on her chest.

“How long were you standing there anyways?” she retorted another question with her icy tune. Kai could only scratch his nape.

Knowing that he doesn’t have an answer, she rolled her eyes and released her arms.

“Seriously.” She said and walked passed by him. Kai’s naughty eyesight noticed Krystal’s body. Her outfit was indeed fitting; her perfect body posture was recognizable. It was unsure if he was drooling or not but the sure thing was, he was erted.

“There’s a doorbell right here you know?!” Krystal’s icy voice breaks his fantasy mood. He shook his head and saw Krystal pointing at the doorbell, which he totally forgot. He only nodded. And she rolled her eyes.

“Hey Kai!” a manly voice greets from behind. When the two turned to see who it was, Kris was there with a flashing smile and his perfect white teeth.

“Soojung, why don’t you let your guest in.” said Kris as he moves away from the gate to let Kai in. Kai could hear Krystal scoff and she passed by him again. And once more, his naughty eyes again observe her body.

 

“Hello Kim Jongin.” A voice almost similar to Krystal’s greeted Kai.

Kai was amazed. He saw Jessica Jung, Krystal’s older sister, seating by the couch with a sketchpad on her lap. The young and childish Jessica Jung before has now become a well known fashion designer. Jessica stood up and greeted Kai a welcome hug.

“It’s good to see you again.” She pulled away from the hug. Kai was blushing madly. Who was much hotter? The younger sis or the older sis?

“Ehem.” Someone cough act. When Kai turn, he sad Krystal again with her arms folded. Her eyes looked like it was filled with jealousy.

“Are you two done with your small reunion?” she asked coldly. Kai hears Jessica giggle and see her happily nodding.

“Good. You! ‘Points at Kai’ Let’s go!” she said coldly and walked to the music room. Kai, who was left dumbfounded for a bit, hurriedly catches after her.

 

When the two teens finally left, Kris stood next to his sister and gave her a pat in the back.

“Nice work.” He complimented her with another pat in the back. Jessica folds her arm and smiled.

“You weren’t bad yourself.” She replied. When they heard the door close from the music room, the two siblings couldn’t help but smirk at the same time.

“This is going to be a fun day.” Said Jessica devilishly.

 

“Stay here. I’m gonna get my violin. Don’t you dare do anything stupid while I’m gone?” Krystal sarcastically snapped at Kai who just nodded like he was disciplined by his mother. Krystal closes the door and runs to her room.

When she arrives to her door, she grabs hold of the door know but something finally made her stop her track. The picture frame.

“Oh my god.” She said with a pure American tune. That picture from of her and…

She’s now thinking twice of going back there, but he’ll just notice. What is she gonna do?

“Oh man! !” she cursed silently since her siblings and the helpers have no idea of her other language.

She’s taking so long to make a decision. She was shaking, what if he sees it? What would he think of her now?

No.

Kai wouldn’t do that. She told him to not do anything and she knows he’ll follow. Krystal places her hands on her chest and breaths in and out. She finally went in her room and hurriedly got her violin out from its case. And out of nowhere, she founds a duplicate of the picture in the music room. She blushes. They were youngsters before. So youthful, so bright, so happy.

She shook that idea off and ran back to the music room.

 

Kai was seating on the piano stool, waiting for Krystal to come back from her room to get her violin. He looks around and found it the same as usual. The instruments we replace where they belong. The wall didn’t look like it faded its colors. The floor seemed wax, slippery though.

Then Kai’s eyes notice the unfamiliar table on the side. The tiny table had picture frames on it. Curious, he came forward to it. When he was in front of it, he observes every frame one-by-one. One picture contained a picture of little Krystal at around 5, holding a plastic violin in her hand. He smiles, seeing how cute and innocent she was when she was a kid. He remembers that she would always scold him whenever he touches that toy of hers.

He shook his head and observes the next frame. This one has her at somewhere near the age 8. She looked different here from when she was young. Her hair was much longer, her face has gotten a bit whiter and she became taller. Stood next to her was another girl, a bit taller than her. Kai could tell that was Jessica noona. He chuckled when he noticed the two girl’s teeth, they were a bit crooked. But thanks to braces, they’ve turned into goddesses.

He then looks at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter