bring back those light and dark memories

When Music Makes Us One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a month already and the two musicians have been working their hardest for the upcoming show. But…

“Again!” Krystal shouts loudly when Kai misplaced his fingers on the wrong note. The lad squints his face in annoyance but had to do everything all over again due to the fact that the lady would only hit his head, again.

Kai groans one time and began pressing some specific tabs.

 

[imagine him playing to this]

 

After his short performance, he could hear a tired sigh from not a far. Kai turns around to see Krystal with her arms cross and with a poker face plastered on her face.

“What? Was it that bad?” he asked when he turned around to face her. She sighs again and took steps towards him.

“No. It’s just…” she stops for a moment and only stares at the ground. Kai was getting curious with what she was going to say.

“It’s just what?” he asked seriously. He stands up and now faces her. She still stares at the ground but only after Kai places his hands on her chin and lifts it up.

“Come on. You could tell me.” His voice sounds hopeful but at the same time demanding to know what’s wrong on how he plays. Krystal sighs once more and releases Kai’s hand on her chin.

“It’s just… something is lacking.” She said straightly, like she always does. Kai’s eyebrows furrow hearing those words. It has made him more curious. What does she mean?

“Lacking?! What do you mean lacking?! Don’t tell me I lack emotions cause I totally played that song with much feelings like how much I l…” he hurriedly closes his mouth with his hands and his eyes wide open. If he didn’t have the nerve to wake up in reality he would have said the “L” word. Krystal was no the curious one.

“What did you say?” she asked and step closer to him, only making the lad step back.

“Nothing! Nothing!” he said back very nervously. Krystal was still not letting it go and continue to take small steps forward and Kai taking fast steps backward. Well, not until Kai’s back softly hit the walls of the Jung’s music room.

“You say it’s nothing but you act like there’s something. Now, speak up!” Krystal demanded and crossed her arms and also forwarded her face a bit, but was much for him. Kai wished she couldn’t hear the strong heart beat that was playing inside his body. This was a very awesome but somehow uncomfortable situation; the girl he loathes to be with was merely inches away from his face. He wasn’t listening to anything she was saying, he was too busy observing her face.

God, she was beautiful! She was the most beautiful creature the heavens could create. Everything about her was perfect. Beautiful hazel eyes, jet black hair, white soft skin and those cherry colored lips of hers… Those lips he wanted to taste for oh so long…

“Yah! Kim Jongin! Are you even listening?!” Kai’s observation stopped when he heard her calling him by his real name. He shook his head back to reality and found the lovely girl in front of him in displeased.

“Ergh. Did you say something?” He asked bluntly. Krystal could only face palm and step away from him. She takes a sit on the piano stool and Kai slowly follows.

“Tell me, what do you mean my lacking?” Kai asked as he presses random piano notes that resembles Swan Lake and Krystal calmly listens.

“I don’t know. It’s just there’s one thing lacking and I don’t know what it is.” She said and closes her eyes while listening to Kai play.

“Must be love.” Kai said in a whisper.

“What?” Krystal heard something from him but the lad hurriedly shook his head and she could only groan.

 

Silence suddenly fell on their scene. Krystal was leaning her head on the piano while Kai watch her. She looked very tired, he could see those eye bags under her eyes and she was turning a bit paler than before. She looked stressed he thought. But what was bugging him was what she said earlier, something lacking. What is it that she sense that he can’t even sense? He was sure it was love, how could they perform a romantic song without even showing any affection? He was going to do something about it and he will.

Kai swiftly grabbed Krystal wrist and made her stood up. Krystal who was jolted in surprise could only give him a questioning look before asking.

“What are you doing?” she asked. But the only respond she could get was a smile from the lad. Again, Krystal looked more confuse than ever. He leads Krystal out of the music room and to her room. Another round of questionable look plastered on her face but another smile from him again.

“Get your shoes and coat on. I’m gonna take you somewhere.”

 

“What the hell are we doing here?!” Krystal shouts on Kai’s ears as he leads the girl to some festival in the city. The streets were crowded, what the heck is going on?

“Yah! Kai! Why did you bring me here?!” she irritated ask Kai and hit him sometimes on the arm, but she’s a girl. Kai could chuckle seeing her trying hard but finally spoke up.

“Can’t you tell?” he asked excitedly. Krystal just shook her head. He chuckles one more time and finally talked.

“We’re gonna have fun Soojung-ah!” he said excitedly like an excited kid. Krystal shots him a death glare but he shook that off.

“What?! Kai! That damn contest is showing up and all you could think of is having fun?!” she said coldly and crossed her arm. But Kai pulled her wrist first before implying so.

“Oh come on! It’s going to be fun!” he said and pulled her to the nearest store.

 

“Yah! Soojung-ah! Look at this!” Kai holds up an interesting looking sculpture that somehow resembles to a deer. Krystal gave him a weird look.

“That looks creepy.” She said lifelessly and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter