under the cherry tree

When Music Makes Us One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday.

Kai hurriedly make his way to his classroom. He cursed why his car had to run out of gas, now he was 15 minutes late. Thankfully he had some bad boy skills to get in the school gate without the guard ever noticing him. He reached his classroom door only to peak and see his teacher writing down on the board and his fellow classmates not doing anything, or some. He closes his eyes, then opens it to see the teacher still writing on the board and he then does an attempt to sneak in the room. Quietly, he opens the door, no noise interrupts. He takes tiptoes to his desk. He was lucky his room had two doors. Silent tiptoes again and again until…

“Well, good morning Mr. Kim.” Said the teacher. Kai curses in his mind and stood up straight. The teacher who was still facing the board finally turns around. He’s spectacles slid down to his nose but he places them back. He closes the book in his palms and gave Kai and blank expression.

“Mind telling the whole class why you’re late?” the teacher asked.

“Uhm.” He hummed. He thinks deep on an excuse but the teacher knew him to well.

“As expected. Well you know what to do Mr. Kim. Off to the principal with you.” He says and turns to the blackboard again. Kai could hear murmurs from his classmates. He sees his male friends chuckling at his shame, while those flirtatious female classmates of him gave him a sad look.

 

He scoffed in defeat and turns back to the door. When he was outside his room, he drops his bag on the floor and slid down. Well, his not afraid, if he goes to the principal’s office then bye bye keyboard of his. He hides his face with his hands. He’s just a mess right now.

Suddenly a door bang was heard; he looks up and found Taemin out from his classroom.

“!” he heard him shout out loud. Taemin looked like he wanted to punch the door.

“Taemin?” Kai softly said. Taemin turn around and gave a disgusted face.

“Oh god! First that god damn teacher, now you?!” he hissed. Kai didn’t like his tune, he thinks Taemin got scold by the teacher for some reasons and got scold out.

“Taemin, I’m not here to cause trouble.” Kai said and stood up. Taemin scoffed and walk to the lockers in front of him and leaned with his left leg supporting him. Kai approached him slowly and followed, except he placed his hands on his pocket then get supported by his foot. He, Taemin, gave him a questioned looked before turning to the front.

“So what are you in for?” Taemin asked. Kai taunt and looked at the ground, Taemin sounded like a juvenile delinquent he thought.

“Oh, got late. Mr. Choi has good ears for an old man.” He said calmly and heard Taemin scoff.

“Please, that dude has earplug for help!” he said and started cursing. Kai could smirk at him, he sounded like a criminal but acts like a kid.

“Whatever, how about you?” Kai asked. Now this time, Taemin smirked.

“Oh, just accidentally placed thumbtacks on Mr. Kwon’s chair.” He faced Kai with that evil smirk on his face. Kai couldn’t help but laugh and shake his head at the same time.

“That’s genius.” He commends and the two slap then handshake their hands together. Taemin chuckled; this guy wasn’t such a pain after all.

“I know.” He proudly responded.

 

The two eventually ended up hanging at the back of the school. The two would talk about how they torment the teachers and thought how much they had in common.

“Man! You’re not half bad yourself!” Taemin commented when Kai told him how he snuck in the school gates while stealing the school guard’s sandwich for his breakfast.

“Oh it was an easy job considering that fact that the guard keeps sleeping.” Kai said proudly and got off the tree he was seating on. He pats off the dust that was on his pants and came near Taemin.

Taemin, who was seating on the bench, looks up at Kai to give him a friendly smile.

“You know, I never knew I could actually meet someone who actually has the same personality as I do.” He said dramatically. Kai could only nod his head.

“It actually fells nice you know?” Taemin said. This time, Kai lifts up a smile at him. He then offers a hand and Taemin knows what that mean.

“So we cool?” Kai asked hopingly and Taemin smiled.

“We’re cool.” He replied and accepted the handshake.

“But I’m not losing to you, Kim.” Taemin added then let’s go of Kai’s hand then turn around to leave with both hands on his pocket. Kai sighed and smiled to himself.

“Taemin is really stubborn.” He whispered and went back to his classroom.

 

After listening to another round of unmemorable words from the teacher, the bell finally came. Kai yawns, he was actually asleep the whole time at the back seat. He really praises himself for always taking the back seat.

He comes out of his classroom to be greeted by his three friends.

“Hey man!” the happy go lucky Chanyeol greets him again with his arm around his neck. Kai was still drowsy and kept on rubbing his eyes with his hands. His friends could only laugh at how cute he was acting.

“Oh my god! It’s them!” some girl’s voice shouted from not far away. The four turned around to find the three most popular girls in the school. Amber and Sulli looked like they were enjoying the moment while the girl in the middle was staring at the ground with hands on her jacket pocket and earphones on. And boy, they had a lot of fans.

“Man! Those girls are popular!” Sehun said and leaned beside Kyungsoo. The boy has always wanted fame to strike him. The three were busy drooling over the girls while Kai was staring at the beautiful girl in the middle.

Her hair made her entrance very exquisite, flowing as the wind pass by them.

“Hey they're coming our way!” Kyungsoo exciting said and with the, the three readied themselves, and Kai just leaning there.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter