childhood memoir; to find ways

When Music Makes Us One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That evening, the Jung residence was completely silent. Nothing occupied the mid silence of the big home. Three beautiful females were all gather together at the living room. One, whom was in her 30’s, was reading a novel that fits her age. The other, a teen, was sketching designs on her sketch pad. While the little one just stares at her mother and sister being occupied with what they’re doing. But the little girl decided that it was too silent. She takes out her precious violin, the one her father gifted for her, and started playing one of her most favorite piece: Closer by famous singer, Kim Taeyeon

 

{imagine her playing this; focus more on the violin}

 

Krystal played the violin with so much feelings, she ignores those little mistakes and continues to play. Jessica and Mrs. Jung stopped what they were doing and focus on the little Jung whom was serenading them with such grace. Mrs. Jung could help but smile and feel proud of her daughter. Never did she expect Krystal to love music so much. Jessica, as well, couldn’t help but smile seeing her little sister strum the violin their father gave her. Hearing those perfect notes hit makes her want to close her eyes and drift off to heaven. Krystal continues to play and also think of someone else at the same time. Kim Jongin. She smiles after thinking of him. She doesn’t know why but every time she thinks of him, her mind brightens. All she wants to do now is find him and capture him into her arms. Earlier, she wasn’t sure but she felt Jongin’s arms around her. Like he was protecting something very important to him.

But what is this tingling part that she’s feeling? Her stomach was like filled with butterflies fluttering with passion. What is this? Could this be love?

 

Krystal ends her short recital with a perfect note. She hears applause not from a far. She turns and sees her mother and sister clapping for her.

“That was beautiful Soojung-ah.” Her mother hailed her daughters magnificent violin playing.

“Yeah, well I heard a little wrong note but not bad.” her sister said sarcastically. Earning a light hit from Mrs. Jung. But Krystal just ignored her sister; she knows she didn’t mean it.

“Well, looks like the two of you are going to have a busy day tomorrow. Why don’t you two hit the hay now?” her mother asked as she carries little Krystal up. She holds Jessica hand as well and led the two to their bedrooms.

 

“Unnie?” a small voice head from Jessica’s bedroom door. Jessica puts away her sketchpad and found her little sister with her Rilakkuma stuff wrap around her arms.

“Soojung? What’s wrong?” Jessica worryingly said. Krystal approaches her sister and tries her best to sit down on her bed. Jessica looks worried and gives her sister a comforting hug, in which Krystal hugged back.

“Is there something wrong Soojung? Were there any monsters under your bed?” she asked a silly question but she was worried. Krystal pulls away from the hug and looks at her older sister.

“There aren’t any monsters in my bed unnie. You told me yourself, they’re only m-mit…” Krystal had a struggle pronouncing the last word but her sister helped her.

“Myths. They’re only myths Soojung.” she said and caressed the younger ones hair and smiled heavenly.

“So, what’s wrong?” she asked again.

“Can I sleep with you unnie?” Krystal innocently asked. Jessica smiles at her little sister and nod. Krystal makes a wide open smile and hugs her sister tightly.

“So is there bugging you? I know you’re having a hard time sleeping.” Jessica asked Krystal who was lying beside her with her stuff toy.

“Can I ask you something unnie?” Krystal didn’t answer but change to another topic. Jessica furrowed her brow.

“When do you feeling you’re being loved unnie?” Krystal asked. Jessica’s eyes widen after hearing that question from her younger sister who was 5 years younger than her.

“Umm… Love?” she asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter