the mystery has yet to begone

When Music Makes Us One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What the hell are you doing here?!” Kai asked with disgust as he sees his cousin sitting comfortably on the sofa, flipping through pages from the magazine he is reading. Myungsoo finally looks up from the magazine and shots a mischievous smile at his cousin.

“What? I just wanted to visit my beloved relatives whom I’ve never seen for 8 years.” He said and lay his eyes back to the magazine. Kai was fuming with anger, his palm’s clutch so tight that his knuckles were really pale. He wanted to charge at him, grab his collar and give him a big punch in the face until his mom and sister came to the scene.

“Ah! Jongin! I see you’ve come home!” his mother wipes her wet hands on her apron. Kai turns to his mother and tries to soften himself. He turns his attention to Hyoyeon and seeing her expression, she tto wasn’t happy to see Myungsoo at all.

Mrs. Kim noticed the cold silent and tried to break the ice,

“So… how about I prepare dinner?” she said happily and heads to the kitchen. Kai finally spoke.

“I’m going to bed. I lost my appetite.” He didn’t want to be disrespectful but seeing Myungsoo again would cause World War 3. Before his mother could respond, he dashed to his room in a spick of time.

 

Kai slumps himself to his bed. He thought everything is going back to the way it was. He and Krystal are finally going along and all but he could tell everything would go back wrong if Myungsoo interfered.

He hears the door slowly opening.

“Mom! I told you I’m not –“his sentence gets cut off by a voice he thinks is helpful but annoying at the same time.

“It’s me you twerp.” Hyoyeon jumps on Kai’s bed, making the younger groan.

“Hyo! Get off!” he demanded but his sister didn’t move an inch. Well, he totally gave up on pushing her off and accompanied her staring at his room’s ceiling. At the same time, planning on what to do with Myungsoo.

“So… what’s your plan?” she asked as if reading what he was thinking. Kai knew who she meant. He shrugs, he totally doesn’t know what to do. Hyoyeon finally sits up straight, her hair messy but she doesn’t care.

“Look, if you’re planning on kicking Myungsoo’s or at least get him out of this place, it better be now.” She said. Weird. She never wanted Kai to do bad things. She must really hate Myungsoo just as much as he does.

Kai sits up as well and stared blankly in front.

“I’ll try. But right now, I’ve got other plans to handle then that good for nothing bastard.” He said and continued to look in front. Hyoyeon sighs and stood up.

“Fine but if you got something, let me know okay?” she asked sincerely. He looks up to his sister, studying her face. She looked hopeful; maybe she really did mean all of this. Finally he nod and she smiles.

“Good. And, by the way…” she walks to the door and suddenly kicks it open very harshly. Kai was surprise but then again, he heard a loud thud like something just got hit. His sister calmly walks out of the room, and he runs out as well. When he came out, he was surprise to see Myungsoo on the floor.

“Next time you and me have another talk, remember to turn on loud music so this roach wouldn’t hear anything. Got it?” Hyoyeon placed her hands on her waist, waiting for her younger brother to reply. Kai was still stunned but eventually look up to his sister with a wide grin and nodded repeatedly.

“Good.” Hyoyeon finally walks to her room and acted like nothing happened. Leaving Kai with an unconscious Myungsoo lying outside his room.

“What was tha – MYUNGSOO?!” Kai’s mother comes up from the kitchen only to find the two Kim’s outside his son’s room.

“Jongin?! What did you do?!” she asked as she stands at her spot, shocked as ever.

Kai was still smiling. But he raised his shoulders like an I don’t know kind of style.

“Dunno. But I’m tired. Night mom!” he runs to his mom to give her a good night kiss on the cheek and closed his door shut. Leaving Mrs. Kim with so many questions in her head.

 

Krystal makes her way to the school building, alone. Strange, she thought. By now, Amber and Sulli must have attacked her from behind. Maybe they were late. She shook that idea off and made her way inside the building.

The hallways were, as always, crowded with students and teachers. She tries to shrug how annoyed she was seeing people so busy in the ing morning. She also hears gasping from the sides. It was normal, people talking about her, good or bad. She never cared anyways. She just walked slowly, trying to find those two nimrods she calls “best friends”.

Finally she saw Sulli and Amber standing by her locker. She sighs and slowly approaches them.

“Hey!” Sulli noticed the pale one coming towards them. Amber turns around and greets Krystal as well.

“You guise are early.” Krystal said emotionlessly. Her two friends only smiled as their response. And after, the three head to class together.

 

It was finally lunch time. Everybody from the room swiftly came out to head to the cafeteria or outside the building, except for one teen. Kai was sleeping on his table as always with his headphones on his ear. He was listening to a beautiful piano piece which was written by his all time idol, Yiruma.

 

Yiruma - It's Your Day

 

The music has caught him so much, he didn’t realize his friends were crowding around him.

“Tch! What should we do now?” The tall one asked.

“Let just leave him be, besides he looks tired.” The short one with rounds eyes responded and the poker face one nodded. Together, the three left him.

What his friend said was right. He was completely tired. Yesterday night, all he could think of was a way to get Myungsoo out from the house. He prioritized that all night, forgetting he had school the next day and apparently on got an hour or two of sleep.

 

He was in dreamland. He dreamt he was at some famous opera house he hasn’t ever seen. It was big. It was beautiful. It was perfect. He sat there at the stage, but no audience was present. But apparently, he liked it. He was dressed in a tuxedo, funny. He doesn’t remember wearing this today. He sees in front of him was a beautiful grand piano. It was waxed and painted dark

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter