music that speaks loud and clear

When Music Makes Us One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 week before the show…

 

“I forgot to ask, what was your cousin doing here?” Krystal asked as she places back her violin inside its case. They just finished their practice. Kai stares into space for a couple of seconds before answering. He shook his head first

“I don’t know exactly.” He said lifelessly. Seeing him all dull and emotionless makes Krystal worried. But again, she hides her feelings like the expert she was. She sighs and stood up.

“Well, I’m beat. I’m gonna get a drink.” She said and heads to the music room door. When she was about to get out, she turns around to still find Kai in space. This boy seems really is desperate. Her conscience got the best of her.

“Care to join me?” she offered and to her great surprise, Kai shook his head. Wow, just wow. If he were in the opposite mood, he’d be beaming at her right now and grab her hand and pull her out immediately. He is totally desperate right now.

She blinks at him until she decided it’s best to hurry and get a drink.

“Okay. I’ll be back.” she said and softly closed the door.

 

Krystal closes the door and leans her back on it. She was having second thoughts if she should leave him there alone. He looked really miserable. His eyes bags got even thicker since Myungsoo and he has been less talkative. She sighs.

After a brief 5 minutes of thinking, she finally decides to go to the vending machine and get a cold bottle of ice tea. She cursed, she forgot the school only has one drink vending machine and she’s at the third floor.

“I hate this school.” She hissed and grumpily heads down.

 

She finally reaches the ground, sweat trickling down her temple and she pants softly.

“Why’d they have to put you here?” she ‘talked’ to the vending machine while she inserts a 10 dollar bill. She studies and finally decides which one to drink. When the bottle drops, she instantly grabs it from under and twists the bottle cap and drank it thirstily.

“Aaahhh.” She lets out. She hears faint giggles from behind. She turns around and found her best friend Sulli, showing of her miraculous smile.

“Ssul? What are you doing here?” she asked as she twists back the bottle cap. Ssul smiles and took small steps towards Krystal.

“Oh nothing. Just having a regular Saturday walk.” She said. Krystal raises a brow.

“At school?” she asked nonchalantly. The taller one rolls her eyes.

“Okay fine! I came to see if you and Kai are having a great time.” She said. Again, Krystal raised her brow.

“In practicing. Having a great time in practicing.” Sulli just added. Now this time, Krystal rolls her eyes.

 

Krystal heads back to the music room, with Sulli behind her back.

“Oh come on Jung! How was it?” the taller one shakes Krystal’s arms into talking. Apparently annoyed, the Jung spoke.

“I ain’t spoiling. Just prepare yourself for the show.” She said coolly and sips her ice tea once more. Sulli pouts.

They reach the music room.

“Okay, fine! If you’re not gonna tell me, then I’ll just observe you guise!” she declared and crossed her arms on her chest. Krystal smirked.

“Oh yeah? And do you think I’ll let you in?” she asked and Sulli was completely out of words. Seeing the tall one completely clueless cracked Krystal up.

“Oh come on Soojungie! Puhlease?” now Sulli is using aegyo, one of her famous tricks she used to pursue, not only boys, but Krystal as well.

Finally giving up, and finally annoyed to the next level. Krystal gives in.

“Alright! Alright! You could listen!” she said and the taller one jumps in joy.

“But not one noise?” the Jung asked with a cold tone on her voice. Sulli nods repeatedly and happily.

“Hehe, don’t worry. You guise aren’t that good after all.” Sulli teased and winks after. This is what Krystal likes about Sulli, she makes her more confident in stuff with those simple words. Again, Krystal smirks.

“Oh please, me and Kai will win that competition for sure.” she said as she confidently folds her arms while closing her eyes. She hers Sulli giggles.

Wait. What?

Somehow, Krystal flushes. How on earth did she get that kind of confidence to say that out loud? Especially in front of her best friend? Sulli continues to giggle.

“I mean…” she takes back what she said.

“Sorry Jung, heard that and wished I had my voice recorded.” Sulli continues her giggling. Krystla rolls her eyes once more.

“Whatever Ssul.” She places her palms on the door knob.

“But if ever we do win…” she stares at the door for a moment. Sulli finally stops giggling. Krystal images the scene if she and Kai win… She smiles.

Seeing her smile, makes Sulli smile as well. Sulli is thankful that Kai made her the way she is now, though they’ll be enemies after, but still, thankful.

“Come on! Let’s get this over with.” Sulli said. Krystal looks up to her and flashes a small smile.

“Sure.” she said and twists the door knob. When open…

“You two better give a good performance or else –“when Sulli finally look in front… Kai was fast asleep. The two girls stare at his sleeping body for a whole 3

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter