something from the past that never changes

When Music Makes Us One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica rushes to the school hallways and tries to remember which way was the Principals Office. Oh god, it had been years since she went to this school last time. What happened next was she got lost in the hallways, which looked like it was renovated in her eyes.

“What the heck?! Where am I?!” she asked herself.

 

On the other hand, Hyoyeon wasn’t having much trouble finding the principal’s office since she’s already used to it.

“Damn it. What did Jongin do now?” she marches to the Principal’s office in an irritated manner. She was almost at the door when she noticed a familiar girl’s back on the other way. She halts and observes the girl. And to her surprise, Jessica turned around.

“Hyoyeon?!”

“Jessica?!”

Then in seconds, the two ran to each other and they embrace each other.

“Hyo! How are you?! It’s been so long!” Jessica quickly asked, not letting go of her long time best friend.

“I know right?! Oh, I miss you Jess!” Hyoyeon replied, also not letting go.

“Eherm.” Then another voice disrupts the two girl’s reunion. Jessica and Hyoyeon finally let go and turn to the right to face a man in his 50’s who was folding his arms on his chest and tapping the ground with his foot.

“You two must be Jessica Jung and Kim Hyoyeon, am I right?” he asked. The girls looked dazed, that guy knew who they were but they nodded.

“Come with me please.”

 

“You two know why you’re right, do you?” the Principal asked as he led the two to his office.

“Yes.” Hyoyeon replied.

“No.” Jessica replied.

Hyoyeon stares at Jessica in disbelief, while the Principal just laugh it out.

“Oh yes, you’re quite new to this Ms. Jung.” He said and continued to lead the way.

 

Krystal and Kai were seating next to each other in one of the unused classrooms of the school, their hair was soaking wet and really sticky. It was pretty awkward. Just the two of them, alone, in a big classroom, filled with only empty seats.

Kai sighs, his sister is really gonna kill him now. He takes a glance at Krystal who was caressing her wrist where he squishes so to tightly. He also noticed her wrist had red lines visible. He gulped; he must have lost control of himself and hurt her much more.

“I’m sorry about earlier.” he said in a whisper, but they’re completely alone in the room, so it was really hearable. Krystal didn’t reply, nothing came out of . She was staring at the black board and kept on caressing her wrist.

Kai was really guilty. She must hate him even more now. How could he have done that to a girl? Or better yet, his best friend from the past? He turns around to face her and continued to apologies.

“Look Krys, I’m sorry. I real –“he was about to place his hands on her shoulders but Krystal moved away.

“Don’t touch me.” She said coldly and still not facing him. Kai was taken back, he felt hurt seeing her more cold than ever.

“Stal, I’m ju–“again he tried to talk to her. She turns to him and gave him a cold glare which startled him.

“Don’t you dare talk to me! I forgive you but don’t talk to me ever again!” her eyes were really soaked, that’s for sure. Any minute now, she would have burst into tears. Kai’s was immobilized. He should hate her, like how much she hates him, but deep inside, her feeling for him was not hate. Krystal was thinking twice of taking what she said back. Did she really mean it?

And now the moment has come, she started to tear up. Tears flowing down her snow white cheeks. She couldn’t help but look down; she thinks she’s just acting stupid in front of him.

Kai didn’t hesitate; he pulled her to his arms and wrapped it tightly. He didn’t want to see her cry, even if she doesn’t think of him as a friend anymore; he doesn’t want to see someone important cry.

Krystal was shocked, she thought he might ignore her or even laugh at her. Everything was becoming confusing. She feels his hands her hair, not caring how wet and sticky it was.

“Don’t cry. I’m here for you.” He whispers softly. Her eyes widen. That’s what he promised to her when they were young. When they were watching that horror movie and she cried and he comforted her.

She admits, she misses his hugs, she misses his voice, and she misses him so much. Her hands wanted to hug him back, they were trembling already. She almost replied to his back when suddenly another flash back came to her mind. Her dad. Her violin. The whole accident.

 

She quickly pushes him away and she backs away. Her breathing was not normal; she places her hands on her chest and hopes her anemia doesn’t give her any side effects. While Kai was confused. Everything was going fine; he thought their friendship would be back to normal.

“Soojung. What’s –“Krystal cuts his sentences.

“Stop!” she warned. Kai was really confused.

“W-what?” he asked and tried to come forward but she would just backed away.

“Stop! Just stop it Kai! Please!” she demanded and slams her hand on the table. She called him with his nickname again. He didn’t like it; he only wanted her to c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter