the excitement that awaits

When Music Makes Us One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai accompanies Krystal in heading back to the school hallways. It was pretty much deserted there since everyone was taking their lunch. But to their surprise, the cafeteria was really empty. Only the lunch ladies were left and the janitor.

“Where is everybody?” Kai asked. Krystal was about to ask the same until another voice came alone.

“Didn’t you two hear the school bell ring?” Krystal and Kai jumps in surprise to see the principal behind them. Kai and Krystal exchange looks and was ready to get yelled for not being in their classrooms. But the principal didn’t look mad. He actually looks calm and happy.

“Why are you two not in class?” he asked them while leading them out of the cafeteria. The two then felt a shame and could only apologize to the principal.

“We’re sorry sir, we won’t do it again.” Krystal said and Kai nodded. Again, the principal was only smiling.

“We better head to our classrooms, sir.” Kai said and the two turned around but stop when the principal talks.

“Not so fast you two.” He said and they froze. Oh no, they’re gonna get in.

When the two face the principal, they expected him to be furious like how their classmates told them but right in front of them was a happy man who looks like he just watched a great sitcom.

“I have a much better place where you two can do.” He said and turns to walk somewhere. He gestures his hands to tell them to follow him. The two were tempted but did what they were told.

 

When the principal finally stopped to be facing a certain room, he turns around to the two students who look very worried.

“Do not worry. I’m not mad, but I’m still going to punish the both of you.” He said with his hands behind his back and with a calm face. Kai looked fine since he was already used to it, but he sees Krystal getting all worried. It was her second time being called by the principal himself, and she couldn’t help but think that every time she does, Kai’s always with her. Maybe he’s some kind of black cat to her.

“So now,” he moves away a bit so that Kai and Krystal could finally see what’s the name of the room. Music Room, it said. The two stare at the sign for a long time. When Krystal finally focused her attention to the principal.

“Sir? What do you want us to do here?” she asked an odd question. Kai scoffed, he wanted to tell her that the old man wants them to clean the dirty music room. But he was wrong.

“I want you two to practice for today your music piece.” He said calmly. Kai’s jaw drop while Krystal’s eyes widen.

“I beg your pardon sir?!” Krystal shockingly asked. Once again the principal smiled.

“I expect you two to have a good performance this coming contest. Good luck.” And with that he left.

 

Kai was seating on the piano stool and Krystal was repeatedly walking right to left and was complaining about things that Kai doesn’t care about.

“What is he thinking?! He lets us cut classes just so we can practice?! My god that man is abnormal!” she complains over and over and only made Kai feel sleepy. When Krystal heard no response, she turns her gaze to Kai who was already napping.

“Yah! Wake up!” she demanded and Kai jolted in shock. He sees Krystal in front of him with her hands folded and foot tapping the ground.

“Uh, did you say something?” he asked and rubbed his sleepy eyes. Krystal groaned in frustration and kept on stumping the ground.

“Seriously!” she said and impatiently sat next to him, her blood boiling in furry.

“Relax, the old man would just tell those teachers. Nothing to be scared about.” He said and rested his head on the – closed – piano. Krystal sigh, he was right after all. She did what he was also doing while different angles. In short, they two were resting their heads facing each other. Krystal wasn’t looking at him, but he was. He stares at those two beautiful eyes she owns. They sparkle like the twinkling starts in the night and they shine brighter like a crystal. He unknowingly smiles.

Kai sat up straight and pulled her to sit up straight as well.

“What the hell?” she irritated-ly pushed his arms away, only making him chuckle. He opens the piano to see it not dusty anymore. Krystal gave him a strange look before asking,

“What are you up to?” she asked with a raise brow. Kai only smiled at her but replied,

“Just take out your violin.” He said. With one more weird and cold look shot at him, she takes out her violin like as she was told.

“And now what?” she asked. Kai tilted his head to hers a bit and smiled.

“Just follow my lead.” He said and started playing…

 

After 3 tiresome hours…

“Wrong.” Kai said again and has his head lean on the closed piano. Krystal just made another wrong note and groans again but this time loudly.

“Why can’t I get it right?!” she demanded and answer before slumping down to sit next to Kai, who still had his head down. He shrugged, why ask him wherein she should ask that herself. Krystal groans once more and sighed in defeat. She looked awfully tired, Kai noticed.

“We should really take a break –“his sentence gets discontinued.

“No.” Kai raises and eye brow at her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter