expect the unexpected

When Music Makes Us One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal walks right to left, then back to the right then to the left again. Her arms folded on her chest, her expression was once dark but it became darker after. Jessica and Kris feel nervous seeing how serious their younger sister was right now. Every time they open their mouth to speak up Krystal would face them coldly and wait for the words to come out. But with her cold looks, they would only shut their mouth close.

Kai and Hyoyeon felt uncomfortable and nervous just sitting there. Hands on their lap, back sitting straight, and listening to the grandfather tick and tock all over again. Kai was the most nervous of the four. He looked so simple and calm in the outside but in his inside, it was a massacre in there. A drip of sweat comes running down his temple, he gulps and waits for the girl to finally spoke up.

 

“So you’re telling me that you two, ‘points at Hyoyeon and Jessica’ planned this all along with the principal and that you ‘points at Kris’ are also playing along with this little game?” she said that sounded like a rap. Hyoyeon, Jessica and Kris all nodded at the same time and Jessica stands up.

“So, what do you say?” she asked innocently. The four had high hopes. They think Krystal might agree directly, but they were wrong.

“I say this is stupid. I’m out.” She retorted and hurriedly made her way to her room. Jessica nudges Kris to stop her. When he was about to stand, Kai made his move first, he grips on to Krystal arms and made her turn around. Kris could only stare at how fast that kid could be

“Look, I know you hate me so much, but let’s just do this for the pride of the school. Let’s just pick some piece and practice for 2 whole months. And after this thing is all done, you and me can go back on hating each other. Deal?” he lets go of her and steps back. Hyoyeon wanted to strangle him right now; this wasn’t the plan at all. Jessica’s mouth was open and Kris just continued watching the scenario.

Krystal looks up to meet Kai’s gaze. He looks very serious, very determined and very hot… She shakes away that thought and cursed in her mind for thinking of that. After a long minute of waiting for an answer, she finally spoke up.

“Fine.” She said and turned to head to her room. Well, at least her sister and brother were now happy a bit.

 

When Krystal slammed the door shut, Hyoyeon marched her way to her brother’s side and hit him in the head.

“Ow!” Kai rubbed his back head and look at his sister with so much confusion.

“That wasn’t the plan.” She was in wrath. Her brother just ruined her good plan. Jessica and Kris approached her before she could hit him in the head again.

“What’s the point? There’s no way in melting the ice princess’s cold heart.” Kai retorted and went out of the house. Hyoyeon was about to follow him but Jessica grabbed her hand.

“Don’t.” she said with those lovely eyes of hers.

“Let’s just be happy that we could see our little brother and sister do a duet again. Even if they hate each other.” She said very hopefully. Hyoyeon let out a sigh and Jessica let’s go of her hand.

“Yeah, sure.”

 

The next day…

Kai arrived at his school much earlier than ever. He didn’t have a great sleep last night; well no one can blame him. He spent his night listening to how excited his mom is with this stupid contest and how she’s gonna ask her friend to make him a stupid suit. And after that, he spent for more than 4 hours playing on his keyboard; thankfully the neighbors were such heavy sleepers.

He places his bag on the floor and he rested himself on his table. But no matter how he shuts his eyes close, he just can’t go back to sleep. He sits and sloppily leans his back on the chair. He yawns so loudly and stretches his long arms. Then he noticed white sheet of papers from his back pack. Strange? What’s that doing in there? He remembers leaving those on his table when he went to sleep earlier. He takes it out and examines how dirty it was with all the pencil writings with numbers indicating which finger are this and that. Then he remembers the school having a music room.

He thinks about trying to sneak back there and try this piece out, but what if he gets caught? He shook that idea off, why would the school restrict him from playing the piano? What’s the use of that there?

He stood up and made his way to the music room. When he saw the door to the room, he wished it wasn’t lock and thankfully, it wasn’t. He turns the lig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter