the cold and the coldest

When Music Makes Us One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8 years later

 

It was silent. The famous opera house of Korea was in a full house today. Audiences were anxious to see the famous Jung violin player. And then, the curtains arisen, lights flashing on the stage, people gasp but they can’t wait any longer. A girl with jet black hair, perfect figure and milky white complexion in an elegant red dress stands in front of the stage. She gulps it up. She grips onto her violin and places it where it’s supposed to be. She closes her eyes and concentrate.

 

It’s show time.

{imagine her playing to this}

 

The crowds jaw drop when they hear the perfect note. Krystal swings her arm with so much passion. Her close eyelids made her performance more intriguing, more wanting, more beautiful. Her fast movements, the way she moves her fingers to another string. The way she swings the bow, how graceful.

As soon as she hits the last note perfectly. The audiences were silent. But as Krystal Jung looks up to the crowd, showing her beautiful dark brown eyes, the crowd amidst into a standing ovation. Krystal observes the full house. In her mind, she wanted to smile but something stops her from doing so.

She gives a lady courtesy and leaves the stage.

 

“Krystal! That was so beautiful!” a short haired girl praises Krystal as she gives her a congratulatory hug.

“Thanks Sulli.” Krystal doesn’t reply back to the hug but gave her best friend a warm smile.

“Soojung-ah!” voices not a far calls her. She and Sulli turn around to find Krystal’s older siblings bringing bouquet of flowers.

“That was great Soojung. Another well done performance.” Said the tall handsome man, with blonde hair and a model figure, and was once a scardy cat when young.

“Thanks Kris.” Krystal thanks her brother and accepted the bouquet offering. She glances at her sister, Jessica Jung, who was now turning 24 and was now a famous fashion designer. Jessica was giving her an emotionless look with her arms crossed on her chest. Krystal furrowed her eye brow at her sister.

“So?” she asked. Jessica releases her arms and sighs as she looks down. The moment she looks up, her face glistens. She attacks Krystal with a big bear hug, almost tripping her younger sister.

“That was great Soojung-ah! As usual, the crowd goes wild for you!” she lets go of her sister, only to see Krystal face not amused.

“Yah! What’s with that face, huh?” Jessica asked and pinches her sister’s cheeks. Again, Krystal didn’t budge. Jessica seemed to get annoyed.

Krystal has definitely changed after the accident. She wasn’t the bubbly and hyper kid she was before. She’s turn cold. Her appearance wasn’t bad enough, but her attitude as well. Her school mates even nicknamed her the school “Ice Princess”.

 “Thanks sis.” Krystal softly says and gave a small smile.

“I’m hungry. Let’s go eat.” She said and heads to the changing room.

 

Jessica sighs again after getting a cold shoulder from her sister. Kris and Sulli comforted her which was a bit helpful. Suddenly, her phone rang. She takes it out and sees the called I.D: Mom.

“Hello mom?” Jessica picks up

“Hey there honey? So, how was Soojung’s performance?” her mother asked, very excitedly. Jessica smiles as she remembers her sister’s performance earlier.

“It was great as usual. Everybody’s mouth went open. Soojung once again declared the night hers.” She said, hoping her mother won’t notice her disappointed tune.

“Oh she did? I’m so proud of her. Is she there? Can I talk to her?” she asked. Jessica gulped. What’s she gonna say now.

“Um Soojung’s already gone changing mom, maybe you should try calling later.” She apparently pleaded.

“Oh, I see. Well… Hyosung! Didn’t I tell you to photocopy this?! Oh, sorry about that dear. It’s been busy here in the office. I’ll call again later. Okay? Good bye sweetie. Hyosung! Can you not understand?!” and then the line went beep. Jessica sighs as she pulls her phone away.

“Jessica unnie? Are you okay?” Sulli asked very worriedly.

“Maybe I should go and check on Krystal?” she asked again. Jessica turns to her and smiles.

“Sure.” she said and with that Sulli fetches Krystal at the changing room. Kris places his hands on Jessica’s shoulder and gave it a light squeeze.

“Don’t worry, Krystal will eventually cheer up.” he said. Jessica once more sighed.

“I hope so.” she mumbles, but Kris heard it.

“Let just be thankful for Sulli, she’s been with Krystal ever since she hand that huge quarrel with…” his sentences gets cut off.

“Let’s go.” Said Krystal with a cold tune. Sulli was linking her arms with her, in attempt to brighten her mood. Kris could only nod and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter