Chapter nineteen

Save me, from Myself?
Taylor had woken up in the morning to find her phone, dead and open. Trying to figure out why it was open by her head and dead Taylor remembered Ren had called her and sang to her. Reaching for her phone charger and plugging it into her phone she rubbed her eyes.
 
Hearing a knock on the wall by the stairs Taylor heard a faint “hi” then a shuffling noise. Looking to see who it was she saw the one and only Ren. “Oh, hi Minki. Listen I’m really sorr-” Taylor was cut short when Ren started to talk, walking closer to her. “Don’t say it! I know you’re sorry, and yes it hurt me, but I see you haven’t gotten any better and I want to help you. I want to help you stop hurting yourself in anyway possible!” Once Ren had finished his speech that he practiced in the mirror about twenty times before he came to see Taylor, he was sitting beside her on her bed.
 
Taylor was in tears at what he had just said to her, and Ren had started to tear up seeing her cry. Looking at Taylor and knowing she was crying from what he just said he felt as if he should hug her to let her know he meant every word he had just said. “Minki, sing for me?” 
 
Nodding Ren decided to sing. The song Ren had decided to sing was one of Nu’EST’s. Ren had decided to sing I’m Sorry to Taylor. As he started to sing Taylor set her head on Ren’s shoulder and he put his arms around her to comfort her. 
 
Once Ren was done singing Taylor’s mother called down to the pair that lunch was ready. Realizing it was about one in the afternoon Taylor told Ren to meet her upstairs.
 
Once Ren had went up Taylor proceeded to get dressed. Not wanting to hide anything from Ren she put a tank top on and then threw on a hoodie over top. Once up stairs Taylor saw Ren and her mom talking about school, her mom was trying to bug Ren enough to tell her if Taylor had made any other friends. Taylor walked up at the right moment cause Ren looked really uncomfortable. “Mom, I’m sorry but me and Ren are going to skip lunch here and go out, I need to talk to him, alone.”
 
Nodding Taylor’s mother looked at the two suspiciously. “Have fun you two!” Once out the door Taylor and Ren walked slowly down the road in silence. About five minutes of walking Taylor decided to ask the one question that has been on her mind since Ren’s phone call. “Minki, why now? Why did you call me now?” Looking at the ground Taylor could tell Ren was embarrassed. 
 
“Well, Taylor, you’re a great friend and I don’t know what I would do without you, and I realized I was so mad at you over something that I could try to help you with. I want to try and help you in any way that I can.” Stealing a glance at Taylor, Ren felt a tear fall. A tear that he had been keeping in since he started singing to Taylor earlier had now come loose. “Minki, you really want to help?” Looking up into Taylor’s eyes, shocked that she could ask that after what he just said Ren nodded “in any way I can.” 
 
Looking to the ground for a few seconds, then back up at Ren, looking him in the eye Taylor could tell he really did want to. “If you really want to help, call me and sing to me every night?” Feeling a little taken back by what Taylor had just said Ren nodded. “Why do you want me to sing to you?” This time it was Taylor’s turn to look away embarrassed. “Your voice calms me down and makes me forget everything.” 
 
Covering her face with her hair Taylor felt her face go red. She now knew why she was so hurt when Ren wouldn’t talk to her for the whole time he was angry, she didn’t want to admit it but it was time, she was falling in love with her best friend. Thinking about what it would be like if Ren felt the same way Taylor heard a voice in the back of her head telling her it will never work and he will never love a freak who harms herself. 
 
Trying to ignore the voice Taylor started to hum, but the voice just got louder and louder, as if it were trying to scream at her. Noticing something off about Taylor, Ren got worried. “Do you need me to sing to you Taylor?” Nodding, Taylor didn’t feel strong enough to talk. 
 
Starting to sing as he wrapped his arm around Taylor’s shoulder Ren leaned into her ear. While he was singing Ren tried to figure out why he had gotten nervous and felt butterflies singing for Taylor. He felt it when he sang to her on her bed too. Not wanting to admit the truth Ren decided it was because he had never sang to her and she was such a close friend.
 
Starting to shiver Taylor poked Ren and gestured for them to start walking back. “Keep singing though.” Smiling Ren continued to sing as they both walked back to Taylor’s house. Once Taylor was home she invited Ren in to watch some movies. “I should get back to the dorm, but if you need me I can call Minhyun and stay here with you.”
 
Thinking a bit, Taylor looked at the ground. “Well, that’s kind of why I asked, see it get’s worse at night. When I’m alone harming myself is the only way to stop the voices I hear.” Looking at Taylor with the look of concern and worry on his face Ren made her look him in the eye. “What voices?” Looking into Ren’s eyes trying not to cry Taylor grabbed Ren’s hand and lead him to her room.
 
Once in her room Taylor then sat him on the couch and proceeded in telling Ren about the voices that she had recently been hearing. “Well, recently I’ve been hearing these voices in my head. They always tell me I’m not good enough, everyone hates me, my parents will never be proud of me, no one loves me, those kinds of thing. I try to ignore them but they begin to get louder and louder until they are screaming and telling me my life is meaningless and I should just end it, no one will ever love a scared little girl who has all these scars on her body and is hearing voices.” 
 
Pausing for a second to catch her breath Taylor realized she was crying. Ren had enough and didn’t let her finish, he had grabbed her and was now embracing her, letting her cry into his chest. Sitting in that moment Ren had to admit what he felt, and not just to himself.
 
Before Ren could stop himself the words came out. “Taylor, never think that no one loves you, I love you!” 
 
                                                                                                                                                          
Hey everyone, I'm sorry if the updates are slow, I had writers block for a little trying to write this chapter. I hope everyone is enjoying the story so far! Please give me feedback. I love seeing I have a new comment! I love reading your comments! What do you think will happen with Ren and Taylor? Will they end up together or will they and up drifting apart because of Taylor's issues? Let me know what you want to read!