Chapter eighteen

Save me, from Myself?
Ren was on his bed listening to his music when Minhyun walked in. “Dude Minki just talk to her, Haven’t you noticed how she is so much more sad. She needs you man, I saw her running down the hallway crying today, it looked like her arm was bleeding too.” Ren sat up and looked at Minhyun, confused and angry. Reaching over and turning his music off he sighed. “How would you know for sure that she was bleeding? Did you see it?” 
 
Looking at Ren, Minhyun glared “as a matter of fact yes, her sleeve was red and dripping as she ran down the hallway, now either you go talk to her or I will, I know she needs you but if I can help her at all I will!” With that being said Minhyun stormed out of the room to leave Ren with his thoughts.
 
Looking at his phone Ren saw he had texts from Taylor, like always. It has been two months and she texts him at least ten times a day begging him to let her explain but Ren never answered. This time there was only one message from Taylor telling Ren to check his voicemail. Confused scrunching his eyebrows together Ren did as the message told.
 
It took five minutes but Ren was soon hearing Taylor’s angelic voice that he missed so much. “Minki, I miss you, I need you! You have no idea how much I need you, but I guess you’re still really angry at me and I understand that. I should have told you, I just didn’t know how! You must understand, I wouldn’t have even told Zachar- I mean Mr. Allen if he didn’t show me the scars on his arms! I’m really sorry, I’ll leave you be from now on. Please, let me know when you’re willing to talk.” Ren sighed as he heard the message end. 
 
“I really should talk to her, It’s been so long since I talked to her.” Looking at his phone, not knowing what to do, Ren decided to go for a walk to clear his head. 
 
As Ren was walking down the street with his hood up to hide from fans, he kept replaying Taylor’s message. As he did that he remembered Mr. Allen’s words to him the day he found out. “Mr. Minki I was just helping Taylor with her self harm problems! There was nothing going on, she is just a student, and I was helping her with a serious problem. Now I think you and Taylor both should leave.”
 
Ren felt himself getting angry again. The past two months that Ren has been avoiding Taylor he would replay those words in his head, causing him to piss himself off. He learned a way to cope with it, but he couldn’t do that while out for a walk, after all he didn’t have a pen or paper. See when Ren gets angry he will write a poem or a song to calm himself down. Deciding it was time to go home Ren turned around, only to bump into the one person he did not want to see at all, Taylor.
 
Looking down at her noticing she wasn’t looking at his face he decided to catch a quick glance at her arm. Seeing blood run from her arm down her hand to the ground he wondered if he hit her to hard. “ my arm, uh I’m sorry sir.” After Taylor bowed she ran away, never to know Ren was the one who bumped her.
 
Once Ren got home he looked for Minhyun, and after finding him in the kitchen, dragged him off into his room locking the door. “Minhyun you were right, no I didn’t talk to her, but I bumped into her on my walk, literally. I think she fell a little hard cause she started bleeding. Minhyun I’m worried.” Realizing he was crying once he ended his sentence Ren whipped his face. “Minki, like I said last time, she need’s you. No one else can help her, no one but you. I see it, plus she bumped into me and dropped a notebook and when it fell it opened and the page said that.” Patting Ren on the back Minhyun gave a reassuring smile. “She needs you, go to her.”
 
Minhyun left Ren alone once he stopped crying and Ren sat looking at Taylor’s name on his phone. “I need to call you, I want to help you!” Finally getting enough courage to press the call button Ren pressed the phone to his ear.
 
“Hello?” The other end was answered, but it wasn’t Taylor’s voice. “Uh yes hello this is Ren is this Taylor’s phone?” Thinking she might have changed the number Ren wanted to be sure. “Yes but this is her mother, Taylor is in the hospital right now, I’ll get her to call you once she is out.” Ren heard the line go dead and his worry only went up. 
 
“What if she is really badly injured!? What if I’ll never see her again!?” Ren paced his room while Minhyun watched from his bed. “Ren I’m sure she will be fine, her mother said she would get her to call you once she can right?” Sighing Ren nodded but didn’t stop pacing. 
 
As if on cue Ren’s phone rang a minute after. “Hello?” Wondering if he sounded a little to anxious Ren tried to calm himself down. “Hi, Minki?” Ren felt a slight tug on his heart hearing Taylor’s voice, he didn’t realize how much he missed her voice until now.
 
“Taylor, hey, so I wanted to talk. You don’t have to explain, I just want to help you!” Hearing Taylor breathing on the other line Ren couldn’t help but feel a smile tug at the sides of his mouth. “Then sing for me?” Ren noticed that it sounded like Taylor was crying, and without another thought Ren started to sing a soft melody for Taylor. 
 
Once he had finished the song he heard a faint “thank you” then soft even breathing. “You’re welcome Taylor, sleep well and have sweet dreams. I’ll call you in the morning.” With that Ren hung up knowing Taylor had fallen asleep.