Chapter fourteen

Save me, from Myself?
Taylor was sitting on her couch, bandaging her arm after she had finished crying and cutting herself. She was startled when her mother had called down to her letting her know Ren was there to get her. “I’ll be right up mom!” 
 
Ren and Taylor were going to the park. Taylor was feeling a little bad for the past few days, she had started to ignore Ren and she could tell it was hurting him. Taylor quickly pulled on her pink hoodie and ran up the stairs to get her shoes on.
 
Once Ren and Taylor were out Ren had noticed something was off with Taylor. “Hey uh Taylor, you okay?” A little taken back by the sudden question Taylor nodded, hoping he didn’t see any trace of her crying just a few minutes ago. “Yeah I’m fine, don’t worry Minki.” Taylor turned her head to smile at her friend.
 
Smiling back Ren felt something was still off. He shook his head thinking it was all in his imagination and left it at that. “Hey let’s go lay in that bit field where we first met? Maybe not in the middle though, you never know what Korean pop idol will hit you in the face with a ball again.” Ren laughed at his joke causing Taylor to push him playfully and dashing off in the direction of the field. 
 
Once the two friends made it to the field Taylor found a spot and sat down leaning back and supporting herself with her arms, looking up at the sky. Ren then did the same thing. After a few minutes of silence Ren decided to break the ice with a question that has been bugging him for the past week. “Taylor, what have you been doing with Mr. Allen after school? What do you guys talk about?” 
 
Wishing Ren hadn’t just asked her that Taylor decided to tell the truth, just not all of it. “Mr. Allen and I have been meeting and talking about some issues I’m having, he’s sort of like my counsellor. That’s it.” Not really satisfied with the answer Ren decided not to ask anymore, he didn’t want to make Taylor mad. He just couldn’t shake the feeling that there was more to it than that.
 
Deciding to change the subject and make their time together fun Taylor pointed out a cloud that looked like a kitten and the two of them spent hours pointing out clouds that looked like different stuff. After about three hours Taylor and Ren had decided to get up and head back home. 
 
As the two walked down the road someone bumped into Taylor causing her to fall to the ground hard. Worried Ren helped her up and asked if she was hurt or not. “No I’m fine, not hurt at all.” Smiling at Ren all Taylor could think was what she had just told him was a lie, her arm was in a lot of pain from the fall. Feeling the bandages and her arm get warm and wet she knew one of her cuts had ripped open. 
 
Realizing how close to the house her and Ren were she asked if they could get going, using the excuse that she had to use the washroom. Her and Ren had made it to Taylor’s house in under a minute. “Minki, come on in, we can watch TV until we fall asleep or something.” Nodding Ren walked into Taylor’s house and they both went to the basement, Taylor’s room. “Give me a minute, like I said, gotta use the washroom!” 
 
Once Taylor got into the washroom she rolled up her sleeve, revealing the cuts she had purposely left on her arm. Cleaning the blood up and making sure nothing was noticeable Taylor then cleaned the cuts. Taking a look at herself in the mirror Taylor felt her stomach twist in disgust. She looked at the twenty something cuts on her arm and just wanted to throw up. She hated herself for doing this, she hated what she had become. Letting a few tears fall from her eyes Taylor rolled down her sleeve.
 
Hearing a knock on the door causing Taylor to jump she heard Ren talking on the other side “Taylor, you okay in there? You’ve been in there a while did you fall in?” Hearing Ren laugh at his own joke Taylor realized she really was in the washroom for a while. “Yeah I’m fine Minki sorry, I’ll be out in a second why don’t you choose a movie for us to watch, I’m not really willing to do anything else.” 
 
After ten more minutes Taylor finally came out of the bathroom to see Ren had been waiting with the movie ready to play. “Minki, do you mind if I snuggle close to you? I need a good snuggle. If you’re not good for it then I’ll get my teddy bear.” Watching his best friend walk up and grab a blanket waiting for his answer Ren could only think of one thing, his friend needed him, and he was more than willing to be there for her in any way possible. “Of course you can snuggle into me, I’m here for you whenever you need me Taylor.” 
 
Feeling relieved Taylor sat down and placed her head on Ren’s chest and wrapped her arms around him to get as close as she could. Once Taylor was in a comfortable place Ren grabbed the blanket and placed it over the both of them and started the movie. “Minki what movie did you choose?” Realizing it looked a little romantic Taylor just had to ask. “I picked out of random, I think it’s called the Notebook?” Giggling Taylor poked Ren on the stomach and told him it was a really romantic movie, and then proceeded to watch snuggled into Ren.
 
By the time the movie ended Ren felt that Taylor was asleep, not wanting to wake or disturb her he decided to turn off the TV and fall asleep right where he was.