Haena's Stupid Memory

A New Beginning

Haena's P.O.V.

 

I was sleeping soundly when someone jumped on the bed and woke me up. Sleepily, I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

"Dara unnie? Why are you here? And why do you look so excited?" I yawned, raising my eyebrows at the sight of her being excited and all.

"You babo! Today's the day of the masquerade party! How could you forget?!" she exclaimed, slapping my lightly on the arm.

"Ahhh..." I nodded in understanding, finally remembering it. I had totally forgotten about that, what with Joon and Seungho constantly fighting over me.

"So, wanna come see my costume? I had a hard time picking it!" Dara said excitedly, already pulling me out of the bed.

"Arass-" I said but paused. It just dawned upon me that I had forgotten to buy my costume. Oh crap. This is great. Just great.

"Ah , unnie! I don't have a costume! I didn't buy one!" I cried, panicking.

Seeing me all worked up over it, she decided that we should go to town to buy one. Today was our free day so we could do what we want.

"Okay. So now the time is 1pm. Omgosh it's already 1?! I can't believe you slept for so long, Haena!" Dara said. I gave her one of my exasperated look and she got my message to shut up.

"Anyway, back to the point. The bus comes around 1.30pm and we should probably reach town by 2pm. That would give us approximately 4 hours to pick a gorgeous costume to wear! It's more than enough time," Dara said, nodding in approvement.

 

They two of us made our way to the bus stop and waited for the bus to take us to town. The bus soon came and within a short while, we were already in town.

"Are you sure that there are shops that sell gowns for masquerades? I mean, look at this place. This town is so different from Seoul..." I said doubtfully, scanning the shops that were surrounding us. Most of them were permanently closed down and those which are still around don't really have a big selection of clothes. Mostly just T-shirts and shorts...

"I don't know..." Dara said uncertainly. She then continued, "But it won't hurt to try! Come on, let's go into that thrift store over there! They may have something suitable for you!" She then dragged me by the arm into the store.

 

--In the Store--

 

"Aish! All of it are unsuitable to be worn to a masquerade party!" Dara said exasperatedly as she flipped through the piles of clothes. She held up a hot pink polka-dot dress and giggled, "This belonged in the 80s, if not 70s." 

I thought for a moment. Suddenly, an idea struck me.

"Hey, Dara unnie! Maybe we are looking at it in a wrong way. Perhaps we should find pieces of clothing and try to fit it together and make it into something presentable!" I exclaimed, starting to search through the clothes again. Dara nodded her head vigorously and followed what I did.

In the end, with our hardwork, we managed to find a white tutu skirt and a sparkly, sequined tank top. Although this would probably not be as beautiful as the costumes the other girls have, it was still something.

As I went to the cashier to pay, Dara unnie tapped on my shoulder.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" she asked. I looked at clothes in my hands and then back at her. I blinked continuously, trying to figure out if I had really forgotten something. Well, if I did it wouldn't be a surprise since my memory ALWAYS fails me...

I was still deep in my thoughts when Dara couldn't take it anymore and shoved a feathered mask into my arms.

"Babo! It wouldn't be a masquerade without a mask!" she replied smacking my head lightly.

"Ahhh. Arasso!" I said, rubbing my head sheepishly.

 

By the time we got back to the campsite, it was almost 5. The party was at 6, which mean that we only had an hour to get ready and going there was another matter. It was held in a hotel not far from here. 

Running into my cabin, we hastily changed into our dress. Dara helped me with my makeup and I did hers. Then, we hurriedly went hailed a cab and made our way to the hotel.

 

--Outside the Ballroom of the Hotel--

 

Just as we were about to go in, Dara suddenly held me back.

"Today is the day you HAVE to make things clear to them, arasso? Don't drag it further. End it fast and swift. It's better for them this way," she explained and placed her mask over her face. With a heavy sigh, I nodded, following her actions and putting on the mask. The two of us then pushed open the doors and entered the ballroom.

 


Aish. I'm seriously getting worse and worse at writing. Sorry for the rushed chapter. It's really late here where I live but I just wanted to update for my subcribers. Sorry for not updating in a long while.. Huhuhu >.<