News, News!

A New Beginning

Joon's P.O.V.

 

"Yah! Mir! I have a piece of good news to tell you!" I exclaimed as I slapped Mir's arm repeatedly in excitement.

"YAH, HYUNG! IT HURTS!"  Mir yelled, "What do you want to tell me?!" 

"How dare you be so rude to me, I'm your hyung!" I said jokingly, tickling him.

Mir wriggled and giggled,  "Ahh, hyung! So ticklish!" 

 

When I was done tormenting Mir, I decided to break the news to him.

"Mir-ah~ I'm dating Haena!" I beamed.

Upon hearing what I just said, Mir frowned and pouted, "HYUNG! How can you steal my girlfriend! That's so mean!"

"YAH! Since when was she even your girlfriend?! Are you itching for a beating?" I fumed.

"Hyung, I'm just kidding~ You and her make a great couple~" Mir sang as he massaged my shoulders to appease me.

"Heh, it's good that you know. I won't let anybody snatch her away from me," I replied coolly. 

 

"What about me?" Another voice piped up from behind us.

Mir and I turned back and saw Seungho standing there, crossing his arms and glaring at us. 

"You of all people! Haven't you hurt her enough?!" I snapped.

He stared at me with strong determination in his eyes. 

"I know what I have done. Yes, I have hurt her badly but I'm gonna win her back and make it up to her," he replied calmly. 

"Yah! W-" I started but Seungho cut me off. 

"I still love her. I really do," Seungho whispered before walking away.

 

I stood there, watching him, stunned. He still loves her and he wants her back...

"HYUNG! I support you! Don't let him steal Haena noona away! Hwaiting!" Mir cheered.

I gave him a firm nod and started daydreaming about Haena.  Ahh.. My sweet sweet Haena! I will do everything and anything for you! 

"Ah , hyung. We are going to be late for class! Worst of all, it's Miss Park's lesson! Quick, let's go! DON"T JUST STAND THERE AND DAYDREAM!" Mir shouted in my ear, when he realised that I wasn't listening to him.

Finally out of my trance, I replied, "Arasso, arasso," and followed him to the classroom.

 

*

 

"Sorry, Miss Park, we're late," I said, knocking on the door. We bowed and entered, our heads hung low to avoid the death glare that Miss Park was sure to be giving us now, and hurried to our seats.

"Why were you late? Are you tired of living?! It's Miss Park's lesson! MISS PARK!" she said in a hushed whisper, emphasizing on the name. 

"Well, it's all thanks to the stupid person we met..." I muttered under my breath.

"Who?" she asked but thankfully, before I could reply, Miss Park told us to be quiet as she has an important news to tell the class. Apparently, her ears were so sharp that she could even hear us WHISPERING at the back, so of course we just shut up and listened.

"Okay, class. The school is organizing an 8 day trip to an island just off the coast of South Korea and there will be plenty of exciting activities prepared for all of you!" Miss Park said excitedly.

The students groaned. Usually, when something is exciting to Miss Park, it's actually one of the most boring thing in the world.

"Now, now. This time it's really going to be fun! Thanks to a suggestion by a student, we are going to hold a masquerade party there! A famous kpop idol group is also going to make a special appearance there! Isn't that exciting?!" she exclaimed.

Everyone cheered and whistled but it stopped when she continued on.

"There will also be hikes on the mountains, where you can see beautiful scenery! Oh and you will be able to enjoy living in the wilderness for the first three days as we will be camping outdoors! YAY!" she cried, but the class just stared at her, mouths wide open. 

FInally , someone broke the silence. 

"Erm, Miss Park? Can we not go? It's like, totally gross," Chaeyeon, one of the iest girls in class, asked. I rolled my eyes at her question.

"No, Chaeyeon, this whole trip is compulsory for everyone as a part of nature appreciation class. If you don't go, you'll fail." 

"Then what about our costumes for the masquerade party? Do we buy it here or do they sell them over there?" One of  Chaeyeon's passe, Heejung, asked while buffering her nails.

"You can purchase it here, or buy it from there. Although I don't think they have nice selections over on the island..." Miss Park sniffed, "Oh, and students, please do not show your costumes to anyone before the party. It's supposed to be a secret."

After finishing her statements, she passed down the consent form for us to get approval from our parents. 

Haena raised her hand and asked,"Miss Park,  my parents are not in the country so could I just inform them and sign the form myself?"

Miss Park nodded and replied that it's fine.

 

She continued on with her lesson but no one was paying attention. Everyone was thinking of the trip and the masquerade party.

Finally, the school lunch bell rang and Haena and I left the class, hand in hand.

"Joon-ah! I'm so excited for the trip! It's gonna be so fun!" she grinned.

"I know. Me too." I said as I kissed her hand. 

 


Woohoo! 1000++ views! Thank you everyone! I'll work hard and make this story better! :D