Thanks To

A New Beginning

 

*

"Haena? I need to ask you something.. It's something really really important.." Joon said as he appeared out of nowhere, interrupting my inner thoughts.

"Uh.. Ok. Shoot," I replied.

"Will you go out on a date with me?" 

 


 

Haena's P.O.V

 

What?! What just happened?! Did Joonie just ask me out?

"Yeah. Of course. Sure-" I blurted then bit my lip. That had slipped out of me. I didn't realise how much I had actually wanted him to ask me out. Until now.

"Great! I'll pick you up at 10am tomorrow!" Joon grinned.

He gave me a light peck on my cheek and left, leaving me frozen on the spot.

"Yeah.. Sure.." I managed to say after he was already gone, my heart still thumping wildly from his kiss. 

 

-

 

"What to wear? What to wear?" I fretted as I dug through my wardrobe for the perfect outfit for my date with Joon.

I sighed.  I had gotten up at 7 am to prepare and now it's 8 but I still haven't decided what to wear yet. AND my makeup wasn't even done.

I searched the entire wardrobe but I found nothing nice to wear.

Seriously, why does this always happen to me? I really need to go on a shopping spree..

I gave up and slumped on my bed. There was simply nothing to wear.

 

Just when I was about to make do with a white tank top and an old faded pair of jeans, the door bell rang.

"What? He's here already? But it's not even 10 yet!" I muttered, changing into the clothes in a fluster.

I ran down the stairs and opened the door.

To my surprise, it wasn't Joon but it was a delivery man.

"Good morning, Miss. There's an express package for you. Please sign here," he said as he handed me a receipt to sign on.

"Oh. Er.. Ok.."

After I finished signing, I took the package from him and closed the door.

 

"What could it be?" I thought curiously as I shook the box.

I opened the box and I couldn't believe what I saw.

In it was a pretty pastel pink long-ish tank top lined with ruffles, a matching white sweater to go with it and a pair of grey skinny jeans.

I took them out of the box and admired them. They were so pretty! So much nicer than any of the clothes that I owned.  It was as if someone had answered my prayers to my fashion dilema!

Suddenly, I spotted a note inside the box. It read:

 

Dear Haena,

I had heard of your date with Joon and since I had seen what's in your wardrobe before, I know you have absolutely NOTHING suitable to wear. So, I did you a favor and bought you some new and prettier clothes~

No need to thank me :)

 

Love,

Dara

(P.S. Have a good time with Joon~ Although I know you probably will! ;D)  

 

"Ahh! Thanks so much, Unnie!" I thought as I hugged the clothes tightly and skipped happily up to my room to change into them.

 

-

 

"Ding Dong!"  The door bell rang.

I opened the door and it was really Joon this time.

 

"Wow! Haena you look awesome!" He grinned.

I smiled at him and thanked him for the compliment,

"So where are we going for our date?" I asked.

"You'll see," He winked and took my hand, dragging me to his car.