Party

A New Beginning

Haena's P.O.V.

 

"NO! I don't want to! I needa save money!!!" I protested as Joon dragged me by the arm into the shopping mall.

"Aish, Haena-ah. Just listen to Joon for goodness sake! People are staring!" Dara whispered as she glanced at the turning heads.

Joon had invited Dara along to get a girl's opinion on the clothes. But it wasn't necessary because I WASN'T going to buy anything! There was simply no point in looking pretty.

"Yeah, just listen to Dara!"

I sniffed. "Fine. But you're paying."

They chuckled and led me into a high-end boutique.

 

"Here, go try this on!" Joon said as he handed me a long sleeved Sapphire blue wrap dress.

"No! She'll look better in this!" Dara argued and pushed a sleeveless -coloured mini dress into my hands.

I sighed. "Why don't I just try both and you two can tell me which one looks better?"

"Sure, why not?" the two of them replied in unison.

 

I tried the dress Joonie picked out first.

"Well?" I asked as I stepped out of the dressing room in that dress and twirled around for them to have a better look.

"Uh-" Joon began but was abruptly interrupted by Dara.

"Not bad. But let's see you in MY dress first before deciding," Dara unnie said enthusiastically.

I went back into the dressing room to change into the -coloured ensemble and when I came out in it, Joon's eyes immediately widened and his jaw dropped.

"See! I told you this would be THE dress for her!" Dara smiled triumphantly looking at Joon's reaction.

"Whoa.." That was all he could manage.

"So, that's the dress for me, right?"

Joon nodded his head vigorously and immediately whipped out his wallet to pay for it.

-

"Wow! Did unnie invite the whole school or what?" I stared in awe at the house filled with students.

I was wearing the dress that Joonie had bought for me and I was surprised to see him dressed in a white and blue striped sweater with a bowtie on the front as he usually only wore t-shirts and jeans. But he looked gorgeous.

And Mir. Well, he was in his usual dress style -- Cow prints, of course.

"It sure looks like it. Oh, wow, her house is seriously amazing. Not only does she have a huge swimming pool but also a see-thru ceiling.. Daebak.." Joon said in fascination as he gaped at the starry sky.

"I'm glad you like my house."

Immediately, we turned around and saw Dara unnie laughing. Beside her was a guy that looked really familiar..

 

"It's great that you guys came. Oh! Everybody, this is my dongsaeng, Cheondung." Dara introduced.

"Annyeonghasaeyo! I'm the cute and lovable, Dungiedungie, dung du-du-du-du- dung Cheondung!" he grinned.

"Oh! Haven't I seen you somewhere before? I know! You were the girl in Seungho hyung's apartment the other day!" Cheondung exclaimed as he noticed me.

Damn it! I knew he was familiar! Gosh, this is really embarrassing!

"Er.. yeah..." I replied awkwardly and blushed.

He roared with laughter after seeing my lobster-red face. "Arasso, arasso. I'm going back upstairs to play my computer games now. Parties are not my thing," he said as he winked at me.

"I'll go up with you! I wanna play computer games, computer games, computer games!" he screeched.

"Alright, alright. Follow me.." Cheondung sighed as he climbed up the stairs with an overly enthusiastic Mir.

-

We were happily chatting by the pool when I suddenly felt really thirsty.

"I'll go grab a drink. Be back in a jiffy!" I said as I made my way towards the refreshments area.

Just as I was about to reach for the cup, another hand beat me to it and grabbed it first.

"Yah! How dare yo-" I began but stopped when I saw who it was...

-

Joon's P.O.V.

"I'll go grab a drink. Be back in a jiffy!" Haena said.

I gazed longingly at her beautiful silhouette as she strode to the refreshments area.

 

"Well, well, well.. How long have you been in love with her, Romeo?" Dara teased.

That sentence brought me out of my daze.

"Wha.. What? What are you talking about? Pffst. I'm not in love with her." I tried shrugging it off. 

"Don't deny it. It's so obvious, Lee Chang Sun," she replied with a glint in a eye.

I sighed and gave up on my pretence. "Is it really that obvious...?"

"Duh! You'd have to be blind not to notice it.. So, when are you gonna confess to her?"

"Nah.. She likes someone else.." I muttered as I kicked a loose pebble on the ground.

"And who would that b-" Dara started, but her words were cut off by a deafening scream and a loud Splash!.

 

We turned around and saw a girl struggling to stay afloat in the swimming pool.

"Oh my god.." Dara whispered, her eyes widening in horror.

At that instant, we both knew who that girl is.

It's Haena.

 


Hello~ How do you like the story so far? Leave me some comments on your opinions! Thank You! :D